IGNORED

Ubisoft presents James Cameron's Avatar by Massive Entertainment, Powered by the Snowdrop Engine

Nespresso

The deadly moon of Pandora, along with its resident Na’vi, will soon be back in the spotlight thanks to a partnership between Ubisoft, Lighstorm Entertainment, and Fox Interactive. And Massive Entertainment, the minds behind The Division, will be the ones to take you there.

The new game will return PC and console players to the Avatar universe, using Massive’s Snowdrop engine – also used in The Division and the upcoming South Park: The Fractured But Whole – to bring Pandora’s unique terrain and inhabitants to life. It was after seeing a Snowdrop-run game prototype, in fact, that Avatar creator James Cameron and Lightstorm agreed to the partnership.

“What impressed me about Massive were the group’s passion for this project, and the power of its Snowdrop engine,” Cameron says. “With the power of [Snowdrop], and the team’s passion and obsessive focus on detail, we know they’re the right group to bring the beauty and danger of Pandora to life.”

With four sequels to Avatar in development, Massive and Lightstorm are working side-by-side to expand on the movie universe in new ways and offer the freedom to experience Pandora like never before. With the Game Developers Conference in full swing this week in San Francisco, they’re scouting for top talent to help make the game a reality. Interested developers can check out the list of open positions here. And be sure to keep an eye on UbiBlog, where we’ll have more on this game as it develops.

Coming soon to a console near you (Pro/Scorpio exclusive, 2019). 

8 minutes ago, Len said:

Does anyone actually care or have any intererst in the 'Avatar universe'?

If i'm the only one that buy's it I wont be that bothered :D But yes I loved the film and would certainly play the game. I picked up the PS3 game not too long ago just not had time to give it a try yet ^_^ 

Hopefully it lives up to the high standards of the first Avatar game. You all remember it right? No? Don't worry nobody else does either, despite James Cameron spending approximately 8 hours on stage at the Ubi E3 conference at the time shilling it.

8 hours ago, Harsin said:

Hopefully it lives up to the high standards of the first Avatar game. You all remember it right? No? Don't worry nobody else does either, despite James Cameron spending approximately 8 hours on stage at the Ubi E3 conference at the time shilling it.

you have no idea how long I spent playing it, wondering when I'd get my 1000g.

then I found out they meant avatar - the last airbender - leg end of ang