IGNORED

Fire Pro World

Bleeders

And it's on Steam too! Excellent. I wonder if they'll have online play that can work? I've still never really played it multiplayer in any meaningful way.

I understand that it's a mega-low-budget game, but I wish they'd look into some new art and animation. And they should've shown some new moves in the trailer.

Not that it matters, I'll end up getting it anyway.

Wish list!

Audience Mode

Management of the Ring

Hell in a Cell (I know it's not authentic, but they've been coasting on modes and match types for over a decade)

Weapon interaction

44 minutes ago, schmojo said:

And it's on Steam too! Excellent. I wonder if they'll have online play that can work? I've still never really played it multiplayer in any meaningful way.

I understand that it's a mega-low-budget game, but I wish they'd look into some new art and animation. And they should've shown some new moves in the trailer.

Not that it matters, I'll end up getting it anyway.

Wish list!

Audience Mode

Management of the Ring

Hell in a Cell (I know it's not authentic, but they've been coasting on modes and match types for over a decade)

Weapon interaction

Be careful what you wish for ;)

I'd heard the XBox version was bad but I'd never seen any of it before, what the FUCK.

Rumour was that this would be for Switch and little else, so it being on PS4 is ace. It basically looks the same as Returns on PS2 but if you can have every wrestler who ever lived, an actual strategic game and easy import of edits I'm all in.

• 2 months later...

Some new info, courtesy of: http://steamcommunity.com/games/564230/announcements/detail/1265920871262220632

Not masses of new stuff, and none of the stuff I was hoping for, but I'll still get it. And there's Sister Abigail. And the Rainmaker.

[OFFLINE PLAY]
Exhibition: Single match with specific rules. (More on that below)
Tournament: Single-elimination tournament with up to 32 wrestlers. 
League: 8 wrestlers per bracket with up to 4 brackets. 

RULES:
Normal Match: Standard match with no special rules.
Cage Deathmatch: The ring is surrounded by a steel cage. The first to climb over the top and escape (or pin the opponent) wins.

Barbed Wire Deathmatch: The ring is enclosed in electrified barbed wire that explodes on impact, causing huge damage and possibly bleeding.

Landmine Deathmatch: Landmines are set around the ring. If someone is thrown outside the ring, the landmines explode for massive damage. You can also set the landmines to go off at a fixed time.

Gruesome Fighting: 3-minute rounds fought in a 12-sided ring built for MMA matches.

Participants: Single, tag, 6-man tag, 8-man tag, mixed.
Battle Royal

Normal: Eliminated wrestlers are forced to leave the ring.

First Win: First pinfall wins the match.

Endless: Eliminated wrestlers stay in the ring and continue to fight.

Over-Rope: Any participant that is thrown over the rope is eliminated.

Timed: The match starts with two wrestlers and other participants enter at timed intervals.

Title Match: A mode to decide which wrestler is worthy to earn your custom title belt. 
Mission Mode: Single-player mode that teaches you the ropes. Geared towards new players who need to learn the grappling system and controls. 

And while not technically a "mode," you can set all participants to CPU for simulated matches between computer-controlled wrestlers. Wrestling is the king of spectator sports, after all.

[ONLINE PLAY]
Everything listed above. Only single matches (1v1) will be initially supported. We hope to increase the player count in the future. 

Edit Mode: Create custom wrestlers, referees, teams, rings and championship belts! Workshop support makes it easy to share your creations. (More info about the Workshop in a future post, I promise.)

[NEW FEATURES] 
Overhauled Edit Mode: Now each body part supports up to 9 texture layers for deeper customization. In a future post, I’ll explain how we made the interface more user-friendly.
Move Rename: Since you can customize every other facet of your wrestler, it’s only appropriate that you can now also rename their signature moves. 
Exchange Blows: That classic back-and-forth contest of fighting spirit where wrestlers take turns trading hits until one (or both) of them falls. 

Okite Yaburi: Japanese wrestling term that implies a blatant diregard for the law. In the west we’d say “Move steal.” Once per match, you’re allowed to use your opponent’s finishing move against them in the ultimate sign of disrespect. 

Run Into Ring: Now you can run and slide into the ring to keep the action flowing. 

Rope Escape: When you’re in a submission hold, hold R1 to inch towards the rope in hopes of a rope break. 

[NEW MOVES]
In the ten years since the previous Fire Pro was released, the sport has developed a plethora of exciting new moves. Fire Pro Wrestling World means to make up for lost time! Here’s a sampling of the many techniques we plan to add: 

Twisting Pull Down Face Buster

8a3d4deb06e45bacc050d43186f46de83ec4cbb5
Turning Short Range Lariat

Pole Shift Flowsion

The Mission Mode to hold your hand through it is a great touch, I remember being completely bewildered by Returns on PS2 for a while. If it's all 2D sprites the PC version shouldn't need much in the way of graphical beef should it? I'd be tempted to go Steam over PS4 if so.

Nicely timed bump. I remembered about this yesterday and got re-excited about it. Hope the online play is decent. I assume we could have an RLLMUK World Championship belt?

Re: The new moves. There are a few things it HAS to have:

• One Winged Angel
  • That crazy Dragon Lee finisher
  • Ricochet's super hero pose thing
  • Superman punch (I'm serious)

Okite Yaburi: Japanese wrestling term that implies a blatant disregard for the law. In the west we’d say “Move steal.” Once per match, you’re allowed to use your opponent’s finishing move against them in the ultimate sign of disrespect. 

:omg:

• 1 month later...

Hey, @Bleeders, update the title!

Fire Pro World comes to Steam Early Access in 4 days! Although I believe it'll only have 1-on-1 online, and 25 generic characters. No price announced yet, either.

Depending on how cheap the early price is, I might wait until the community have built some mega edit packs. Obviously it'll be quicker to make them with mouse and keyboard, and I suspect part of the early release is to put those people in Steam Workshop to work.

I really hope they announce this for the Switch though. I don't have one (yet), but my best FPW memories are on the go with the GBA games.

I read somewhere that the Early Access price will be $20. The best part of it being on PC is that the amount of edit slots is determined only by how much hard drive space you've got, so you could theoretically have every wrestler that ever competed as well as their immediate family.

I wish you could assign different names and finishers to different attires. Would be fun to select a guy, then choose a gimmick from his career.

I know you'll be able to just make extra edits but... y'know... it'd be cool.

Got! The edit suite is already ridiculously detailed for a game that's still a work in progress and asking for user input. Here's someone else's accurate Nakamura smashing the shit out of my 'ehhhh, kind of' Bret Hart

hLv9TjB.png

I bagged this today too. Played through about 30 of the 'missions', which work as a nice tutorial.

It plays a good game of Fire Pro, but man the UI is as unintuitive as ever!

Some good edits already on the workshop. Hard to say no for 15 quid!

Oh, and it has audience ratings, which hopefully means an audience mode can easily be implemented.

I quite enjoy watching the CPU matches.

The timing for the grapples seems a bit tight in the tutorial but is alright at the default CPU level. What are the audience interested in? Move variation? An actual back and forth match?

Had a sift through the Workshop and despite the game only being out a day I've subscribed to 250 individual wrestlers with logic and moveset, the editing community on this are incredibly dedicated. When it's full release and all the features are in place, you could quite easily have everything that's even been in wrestling. mp3 import for the themes too, I'm having everybody come out to the Demolition music.

1 hour ago, Larsen B said:

I quite enjoy watching the CPU matches.

The timing for the grapples seems a bit tight in the tutorial but is alright at the default CPU level. What are the audience interested in? Move variation? An actual back and forth match?

Typically yes. A pace that builds from small moves, uses taunts, and builds a logical finishing sequence from Favourite moves to Special. 

In the GBA games, you also had different kinds of audience, whereas this seems to have one. Showman style was taunts and big finishes, Stoic was ruthless MMA style, Strong Style was strike heavy, etc.

(Side note - I got confused for ages, as I'm sure the GBA version had 4 'S' moves for Signature, and 1 'F' for finisher, and here it's the other way around).