Deadpool 2 - 2018

I saw something the other day where he said he doesn't think there will be a Deadpool 3 next. He reckons they'll go for an X-Force movie, then return to the Deadpool standalone stuff.

Surely that also depends on how fast the Disney/Fox deal is finalised and what Marvel subsequently decides to do? 

To be honest, Reynolds is the only character of the Fox properties that I consider irreplaceable. So I hope they keep him at least in his role. Given that it's Deadpool, he's also the only character that can get away with that - "hey, everything has been rebooted! Oh that's right, the Disney deal. Man, I'm going miss that singing Australian that used to play Wolverine"

They removed the "Pump the hate brakes, Thanos!" line apparently.

I suspect this was because of the inclusion of Deadpool to the MCU (eventually), and they didnt want that line in there because both characters (Thanos and Cable) are played by the same actor. A bit daft, but if thats the case, then it means we're likely to get a new actor to play Charles Xavier, as that joke was sort of used in the first Deadpool.

Is all this talk of Deadpool coming into the MCU real or just speculation? I can’t see how they’d do it without destroying the character. As much as I’d love to see him taking the piss out of the Avengers, a 12A Deadpool just wouldn’t work!

15 minutes ago, JPL said:

Is all this talk of Deadpool coming into the MCU real or just speculation? I can’t see how they’d do it without destroying the character. As much as I’d love to see him taking the piss out of the Avengers, a 12A Deadpool just wouldn’t work!

Keep making his solo movies R-rated and bleep him out in the 12A team up movies - and have him comment on the bleeps. Solved.

Or else just keep Deadpool completely separate. It would be a shame to quit now that they nailed the character in the fantastic first movie. But let's also wait and see how Deadpool 2 turns out, I have high hopes but if it disappoints then nobody will mind if they stop making further movies. We're fickle like that.

There are, it is only fair to note, actual jokes in Deadpool 2 — sincere, crafted, legitimately funny gags that are clearly the product of human thought and loving effort. There's ... not a lot of those, but they're there if you look, and should you happen across one, it will very likely delight you.

Because what's taking up most of the room that would otherwise be occupied by jokes in Deadpool 2's screenplay are those many, many, many references.

It's Family Guy: The Movie.

Or, technically I suppose, it's Family Guy 2: Here Are Some More Mentions Of Other, Tangentially Related Things You Recognize And Like.

Ugh

Yeah a few places (other than liberally dropping a spoiler, at least to me) say it struggles to be as subversive as the first (well it would) and is much more like  a normal superhero movie (with jokes/references)

51 minutes ago, Hexx said:

No end credits btw - but 2 mid credits 

I would argue that there is ~something~ at the very end

The last frame is a thank you for staying to watch the credits it is there as a hey you sat through the names of all these people who helped make the film and worked hard on it for many hours, it works as a nod towards people expecting an end credit thing but instead got a chorus of angelic swearing followed by a thanks for sitting through them.

Related to infinite war:

I think the ending things accidentally relate to the ending of IW. A time device from a character played by Josh Brolin is used to undo the deaths of hero characters in the film

Flabby where the first was tight, doubles down on the pop culture references that will likely date it, but still a very enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours. 

Spoiler

Baby legs was such an obvious riff on the first film, but was still hilarious. 

Really enjoyed this. 

While I like a lot about the first film - I don't thinks its a great film overall. Thought the sequel was actually a fair bit better.

Loads of great references, plenty of laughs and some good action.

You must stay on for the mid credits scene (after the drawings).