The Matrix 4: Resurrections - Reeves, Moss and Lana Wachowski Returning! Dec 22nd 2021

Goose

2 minutes ago, PK said:

Yeah, they did. He makes a deal with them - he's the only one who can stop Smith, but he wants Zion protected. The giant baby made of nanomachines agrees, then they pick him up and plug him into the matrix so that he can fight Smith.

Oh yeah, but he still dies. 

There is never any agreement to keep him in the matrix. He was sent in to stop Smith and died doing so. 

4 minutes ago, Ry said:

There is never any agreement to keep him in the matrix. He was sent in to stop Smith and died doing so. 

You don't know if he dies. Smith goes into him and then all the Smiths explode. We never actually see him die although it does look like he is dead when the machines wander off and leave him on the floor. 

9 minutes ago, Ry said:

3 minutes ago, squirtle said:

You don't know if he dies. Smith goes into him and then all the Smiths explode. We never actually see him die although it does look like he is dead when the machines wander off and leave him on the floor. 

Yeah I didn't think he died at the end of Revolutions. The Oracle says "We'll see him again one day" and they show this right after a close up of his face, which I assumed was his consciousness hooked into the machines' network

image.thumb.png.3a654dbb1ec9e617c1151d3fa7f6b517.png

29 minutes ago, mexos said:

I found myself missing the signature look a bit. And the green. The green is subtly there, and it all looks beautifully shot but it maybe feels more like a John Wick film than a Matrix film.

The green wasn't a massive feature in the original. It was pushed hard from the second onwards and re-releases of the original had a green tint added to them.

23 minutes ago, PK said:

Yeah, they did. He makes a deal with them - he's the only one who can stop Smith, but he wants Zion protected. The giant baby made of nanomachines agrees, then they pick him up and plug him into the matrix so that he can fight Smith.

See, this is the bit that interests me the most. 

Someone, for some reason, presumably ends up reneging on the peace deal, and I kind of feel like it might be the humans.

3 hours ago, Paulando said:

He was a guy jacked in to The Matrix, and as he was leaving through a phone line, Smith ‘infected’ him, and then took over his body in the real world. It was super-weird and never really made any sense.

I never really saw the problem with this, the brain plug things copy the human minds into the matrix, when Smith infects Bane he does the same thing but backwards, copying his mind into the brain of the real human. 

1 hour ago, Festoon said:

Weren't all those bits in a video game? And they sort of assumed you knew who the new characters were because you'd supposedly played the game. Daft

Bane isn’t really in Enter the Matrix, he’s just at the meeting of the captains. People who played that game have no more context for Bane than anyone else.

29 minutes ago, Ry said:

Did they? No they didn't. I have never seen that mentioned anywhere in all these years!

The machines take his dead body, and the programs say that they’ll see him again. In TMO there’s references to him still being alive out there somewhere. 

30 minutes ago, mexos said:

That's just what they told you. You have too believe.

(I would not be surprised if they pop up unannounced like Matt Damon did in Interstellar)

Haha yeah as I wrote that I was thinking of Spider-man: No Way Home

17 minutes ago, squirtle said:

They carried his "body" away though?

Watched the trailer, and I'm pleasantly surprised that they didn't slap on the Iconic Green Filter.

No expectations either way, beyond that, but a good sign that is it's not going to be 100% homage-to-self, at least!

16 minutes ago, T Pot said:

The green wasn't a massive feature in the original. It was pushed hard from the second onwards and re-releases of the original had a green tint added to them.

Well I never. It was always a regret that I never saw it in the cinema. I thought it looked a bit generic at the time and didn't bother. :facepalm:

Hang on....isnt it more interesting that trinity is still alive in the matrix, given that (unlike neo) she wasnt plugged in when she died? Unless they made a copy from a memory backup or something she should be dead dead. And I think Morpheus was still alive at the end? So maybe for each new 'cycle' they clone the same people and start over.....in which case what happened to the neo who brokered the treaty is a bit moot, unless they let him carry over?

This is going to be confusing.

1 minute ago, mexos said:

Well I never. It was always a regret that I never saw it in the cinema. I thought it looked a bit generic at the time and didn't bother. :facepalm:

I think some versions of the re-release are not as green as others. The Netflix version pushes the effect quite heavily. 

In 2019 one of the cinemas near here showed all of them again one week. I went to see the original as I didn't when I was a kid. It was brilliant.

A trailer is obviously designed to look good but yeah, looks good, well definitely watch and I'll have to go to the cinema for it I reckon. 

Intrigued how long it will be given that it is another cycle and it seems to have more "life in the matrix" than even the first one did and then what will happen differently but then that's the whole point so obviously good it doesn't give it away. 

Willwatchit/ 10

Just now, Vulgar Monkey said:

Hang on....isnt it more interesting that trinity is still alive in the matrix, given that (unlike neo) she wasnt plugged in when she died? Unless they made a copy from a memory backup or something she should be dead dead. And I think Morpheus was still alive at the end? So maybe for each new 'cycle' they clone the same people and start over.....in which case what happened to the neo who brokered the treaty is a bit moot, unless they let him carry over?

It wouldn't surprise me that Zion is just another level of the Matrix, and isn't actually "out".

5 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

They carried his "body" away though?

If I remember correctly, there was some pretty heavy 'crucifixion' symbolism with Neo's death pose, obviously reinforced by the whole 'sacrifice himself for humanity' story telling. So he died like Jesus, but then Jesus was resurrected and...

RG0BS1U.gif

This is already going to be a step up over the other sequels as I won't able to identify bits of Sydney with a green tint slapped over them. Breaks your immersion when you see Neo and Trinity trying to look all cool as they're driving past your old office and taking several shots to get around the same corner.

10 minutes ago, T Pot said:

I think some versions of the re-release are not as green as others. The Netflix version pushes the effect quite heavily. 

In 2019 one of the cinemas near here showed all of them again one week. I went to see the original as I didn't when I was a kid. It was brilliant.

1 hour ago, hub2 said:
  1. Fantastic trailer
  2. I'm going on a media blackout. I never say this. The original Matrix hit so hard because it came out of the blue (<-swidt) and I had no idea what I was about to watch
  3. This:
  Hide contents

Duck.thumb.png.b1955d2ed4499174a352db5078de8cfe.png

There are already Internet Theories about the bit in your spoiler!

One is this.

Another is this.

And another is this.

15 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Though I don’t think it’s confirmed one prevailing theory is that the previous iterations of the one and others from the resistance are recycled as programs in the matrix. We know there were five versions of the one before neo, but we don’t know who they were or what they look like. Seraph is a common candidate that people think might have been a version of the one from a previous cycle. 

7 minutes ago, Paulando said:

OMG can someone remove the ‘4’ from the thread title please.

This is the worst thing to happen since the iPad thread was called ‘iPad Gubbins’.

I was still holding out hope that John Wick 4 and this movie are one and the same.