The Matrix 4: Resurrections - Reeves, Moss and Lana Wachowski Returning! Dec 22nd 2021

Goose

The OT had that green film filter over all of the Matrix sequences. This seems to have gone all super pop filter, like some kind of Fallout 4 Reshade preset.

There's blue everywhere, too. Blue glasses, blue pills (obvs.), blue hair. Did I miss any others?

@1:57 there's a projector displaying Neo's extraction scene from the first movie. Weird.

1 hour ago, Fallows said:

@1:57 there's a projector displaying Neo's extraction scene from the first movie. Weird.

imagine if this is actually set in a world where the matrix movie is an actual thing and the old guy reflected off Keanu in the mirror is actually just a schizophrenic superfan talking to Neil Patrick Harris. That's so high concept I think it could work 😅

13 hours ago, Down by Law said:

imagine if this is actually set in a world where the matrix movie is an actual thing and the old guy reflected off Keanu in the mirror is actually just a schizophrenic superfan talking to Neil Patrick Harris. That's so high concept I think it could work 😅

Imagine if “Neo” takes a massive bong hit, travels to the Source and meets the Atari 2600 Watchowskis from Path of Neo.

4 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Pos’d for having the original click case releases. Who are Warner thought that case design was a good idea.

The person in charge of the Warner subsidiary who made them.

18 hours ago, Fallows said:

The OT had that green film filter over all of the Matrix sequences. This seems to have gone all super pop filter, like some kind of Fallout 4 Reshade preset.

There's blue everywhere, too. Blue glasses, blue pills (obvs.), blue hair. Did I miss any others?

They seem to be deliberately doing the thing that you're not supposed to do in CGI because it makes it look fake, which is have elements whose saturation is brighter than anything else in the frame. Leaning into making things look fake to show the world is fake (although it's in the real-world scenes too, so yeah they might be going there).

(Horizon: Forbidden West is also doing this as a deliberate choice, but there it's because it's a game and they're not limited by having to represent reality)

59 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

They seem to be deliberately doing the thing that you're not supposed to do in CGI because it makes it look fake, which is have elements whose saturation is brighter than anything else in the frame. Leaning into making things look fake to show the world is fake (although it's in the real-world scenes too, so yeah they might be going there).

(Horizon: Forbidden West is also doing this as a deliberate choice, but there it's because it's a game and they're not limited by having to represent reality)

I wonder if the super saturated, ‘HDR enhanced’, filtered pictures people look at on their phone screens is changing what we see as “real” when it comes to colour. 

On 11/09/2021 at 10:34, probotector said:

I’m guessing they didn’t want the Morpheus guy to come back as he’s let himself go a lot? 

He's a 60 year old man :lol: he looks fine. He was in great shape in Hannibal.

On 10/09/2021 at 01:31, snowbind said:

Yes it did. And there is always a Neo. I always got the vibe that Neo and Trin's love was the anomaly in the iteration we watched, rather than it specifically being Neo alone. And the trailer seems to suggest that's the carry forward. The trailer has a very Sense8 feeling to it, which is no bad thing.

There won’t always be a neo anymore, the choice he made in reloaded meant the prime program wasn’t returned to the source, so no more ones will be created in the matrix.

On 10/09/2021 at 17:48, teddymeow said:

I'm hoping that they shoehorn in The Merovingian into this one.

He’s a confirmed cast member.

On 11/09/2021 at 10:34, probotector said:

I’m guessing they didn’t want the Morpheus guy to come back as he’s let himself go a lot? 

Assuming TMO is still canon the Morpheus from the first three movies is dead. 

21 hours ago, Thwomp said:

He's a 60 year old man :lol: he looks fine. He was in great shape in Hannibal.

You guys do know his name is Laurence Fishburne, right?!  Extremely well known actor who isn't just... That guy from The Matrix🤣

Neo & Trinity always fell in love but the other Neos chose to save Zion and reinsert his code for it all to restart again.

The common theory is the Oracle gave Neo those 'cookies' that had code on them to make his love stronger for Trinity and alter Smiths code when Neo ...um....enters him.

3 hours ago, Broker said:

There won’t always be a neo anymore, the choice he made in reloaded meant the prime program wasn’t returned to the source, so no more ones will be created in the matrix.

He literally flew to the source instead. 

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

So were Neo and Trinity mind.

Neos body was taken by the machines and it’s totally possible that Trinity’s was. 

9 minutes ago, snowbind said:

He literally flew to the source instead. 

He did go to the source, but from the point where he decides to go through the door back into the matrix in reloaded he’s left the path of the one. It’s not clear what exactly returning to the source means but it might be completely different if the physical body goes to the source in the real world than if the one chooses to return to the source from the architects room.

1 hour ago, Pug said:

Neo & Trinity always fell in love but the other Neos chose to save Zion and reinsert his code for it all to restart again.

The common theory is the Oracle gave Neo those 'cookies' that had code on them to make his love stronger for Trinity and alter Smiths code when Neo ...um....enters him.

The Architect says that Neo experiencing his attachment to his species through his love for Trinity is unique, so I don’t think that’s quite right. And having the Oracle literally make Neo and Trinity fall in love like some sort of candy Cupid would be in opposition to what her character represents and is trying to do.

I don’t buy fan theories that the previous Ones were all literally Neo, which seems to be a misreading of the possible branching futures that the Architect shows in that scene.

The OracIe steers them all to fulfill their roles to complete the cycle. This time she wanted to give humans choice at the end so engineered their love. Yeah, you could be right and it might be the first time they pair off but it's definitely the Oracle's doing.

I wonder if they all were clones, would explain the young Morpheus this time.

Looks like they saved the bodies and reinserted both Trinity and Neo into pods and the matrix.

Anyone notice when Trinity used that shout power that the blue haired girl was part of the surrounding image. Maybe she is this matrix version of Trinity so they are linked.

I don't know I'm tired and spitballing ideas out aloud.