IGNORED

The Matrix 4: Resurrections - Reeves, Moss and Lana Wachowski Returning! Dec 22nd 2021

Goose

It’s definitely going to be fully Marmite. Either you’ll love it or you’ll wish it never existed. And I kind of like that? That’s surely better than a middle of the road sequel that doesn’t do anything particularly interesting.

It can’t be worse than the bowling sfx in Reloaded.

Score album is up on ITunes etc as of today, no sign of a CD release. SMH.

Unlike the original trilogy, the track titles aren’t all stupid jokes and anagrams so there are probably some mild spoilers in there.

Spoiler

Isn’t IO the character from the UE5 demo?

To prepare for this my girlfriend and I decided to watch... Jupiter Ascending. 

It has honestly gotten us so excited for this. If there's one thing the Wachowskis absolutely do not do it's uninspiring mediocrity. We're getting either a great film or peak bollocks.

After the Wachowski's recent direction of travel through Jupiter Ascending, Cloud Atlas and Sense8 I would be quite disappointed if this isn't a mixture of silly, sincere, horny, knowing, painfully personal and hopelessly romantic. I don't want every film to be that, but I'd be glad to see that there are some oddballs doing it.

57 minutes ago, MechE said:

After the Wachowski's recent direction of travel through Jupiter Ascending, Cloud Atlas and Sense8 I would be quite disappointed if this isn't a mixture of silly, sincere, horny, knowing, painfully personal and hopelessly romantic. I don't want every film to be that, but I'd be glad to see that there are some oddballs doing it.

Wachowski singular this time.

6 hours ago, Fallows said:

Lockdown has fucked our IMAX viewing on Thursday. Fucking typical.

There's no other option but to torrent it now. By the time the lockdown is over it'll be way gone.

You could just wait and pay for it when it hits digital? It'll be a matter of weeks for a film of this size. 

36 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

He died in the matrix online MMO game, gunned down rather unceremoniously in an alleyway. The game is/was considered canon to the universe so yeah, Morpheus is dead. 

Yeah, but he's not. Because he's in the trailers... 

I never watched the trailer for this, I tried to avoid everything because it was only a few months to wait and I ruined The Matrix Reloaded by playing the Enter The Matrix game beforehand which showed some big scenes (like the trucks smashing head on and Neo flying in to grab Morpheus).

I went into a cinema the other day to check any showings for Dune subtitles (nope) and they had a screen behind the counter of what looked like the recent action film Kate. Lots of fluorescent colours and brightness..yeah obviously realised it was the new Matrix and caught a few more glimpses and left. Seemed more extended scenes than the trailer. 

Dunno how i can salvage this post with a point now...hmm i suppose it's rare to get the chance to see something fresh and whatever the plot is I don't mind it being bungled. 

yeah that's it. I'm genuinely looking forward to it, a rare thing. also avoided this thread, let me scroll up to see the quality of posts, see if this one is ok.