IGNORED

The Matrix 4: Resurrections - Reeves, Moss and Lana Wachowski Returning! Dec 22nd 2021

Goose

'peak bollocks' :lol:

Yeah Jupiter Ascending was awful I thought, and I take Eddie Redmayne's voice as one of the positives. I don't think anything the Wachoswki's have done since The Matrix has come close to it. It's perfectly efficiently shot 99% percent of its run time and there's no gaping indulgent miscalculated mistakes that plague most of their films since. 

I'm just hoping it will have good action. The Matrix is an interesting world not explored interestingly since. 

9 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

'peak bollocks' :lol:

Yeah Jupiter Ascending was awful I thought, and I take Eddie Redmayne's voice as one of the positives. I don't think anything the Wachoswki's have done since The Matrix has come close to it. It's perfectly efficiently shot 99% percent of its run time and there's no gaping indulgent miscalculated mistakes that plague most of their films since. 

I'm just hoping it will have good action. The Matrix is an interesting world not explored interestingly since. 

The action sequences in Stupider Ascending are extremely well done  and some of the spaceship designs (fish type things - I forget) were also excellent. But "peak bollocks" for the rest of it is apt thought it never became boring or too stupid for me to switch off.

FWIW - I didn't like Cloud Atlas the book , thought  quite a bit of it was tedious but quite enjoyed the movie ,  the brevity required by a movie suited the stories more.

I'm looking forward to this, hopefully they edit the fights a bit tighter than they did for John Wick 3 , there's noticeable pauses where stuntmen hold off for a second or 2 to allow for a reaction  but it's probably understandable given Keanu is 60 odd now?

30 minutes ago, lolly said:

The action sequences in Stupider Ascending are extremely well done  and some of the spaceship designs (fish type things - I forget) were also excellent. But "peak bollocks" for the rest of it is apt thought it never became boring or too stupid for me to switch off.

FWIW - I didn't like Cloud Atlas the book , thought  quite a bit of it was tedious but quite enjoyed the movie ,  the brevity required by a movie suited the stories more.

I'm looking forward to this, hopefully they edit the fights a bit tighter than they did for John Wick 3 , there's noticeable pauses where stuntmen hold off for a second or 2 to allow for a reaction  but it's probably understandable given Keanu is 60 odd now?

He's 54 or 55.

42 minutes ago, hmm said:

Didn't realise this was going to be on HBO Max with, apparently, no cinema exclusivity (which, in turn, means that it's bobbing about on the high seas already). Not sure what that says about confidence levels!

Nothing to do with quality really - Warner’s pledged to put their entire slate on HBO Max day and date with the cinema release for all of 2021. 

50 minutes ago, MechE said:

Well I loved it.

As for why, it's clear they felt forced to make this to stop WB making their own pointless reboot, so they made a commentary on the value of revisiting previous work, along with the corrosive influence that treadmill serves on limiting creativity.

This sounds right up my street, much better than just rehashing the original(s).

Of course it will probably be even more divisive than The Last Jedi.

A few favourite moments/ thoughts:

Spoiler

The framing device around The Matrix being a videogame, because, fucking OF COURSE.

Smith doing Smith things.

New Cyber-Morpheus just owning every scene he’s in. Lounging about the ship systems drinking martinis in a perfect suit.

Carrie-Anne Moss is a delight, as is Reeves. They wear the characters like a worn leather jacket, and I’m so glad she got to have the ass-kicking powers in the finale.

Merv the Perv turning up looking like he was in a fucking Derelicte catwalk show from Zoolander, spouting angry bollocks, was not something I expected or thought I’d like, but here I am.

Not too sure about the robot pals, especially that big blue manta ray weirdo, but I’ll let it slide.