The Matrix 4: Resurrections - Reeves, Moss and Lana Wachowski Returning! Dec 22nd 2021

Goose

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ITV news had clips of Matrix 4 I'd not seen. Are they official or some fan made stuff they've got hold of? I can't find any footage online. I videoed it on my phone when they did the piece but there were a few or one more when they showed it as part of the headlines. (There was a shot of a ship flying overhead)

It looks like they went to YouTube, searched "Matrix 4 trailer", and played this fan-made video. The clips in your video are all from the first few seconds of this:

Even among the fan-trailers on YouTube, it's not even the top search result or the one with most views! I had to skim through several before I found that one. (Or should I say: that One???)

ITV NEWS HAVE DECEIVED ME FOR THE LAST TIME

no that makes sense. It says a lot really for my expectations based on the Wachowskis recent films that I looked at the cgi and cinematography and thought; yeah about what I expect.

I do love The Matrix, don't hate the sequels and am very interested to see what they do with it though. 

• 8 months later...

It's got a title

The Matrix Resurrections

There's also a trailer been shown, but not to us mere mortals yet, just to CinemaCon. A description

Spoiler

The trailer begins with Neil Patrick Harris talking to Keanu Reeves’ Neo. A near future San Francisco. It appears that Neo is trapped in a humdrum world, much like his first self in the 1999 movie. He’s just not getting his surroundings.

“Am I crazy?” asks Reeves’ Neo. “We don’t use that word in here,” says Harris’ therapist.

Reeves comes in contact with Carrie Anne Moss’ Trinity in a cafe: “Have we met?” she asks Neo.

A shot of blue pills spilling into a sink, as Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit” song plays.

Then a shot of Neo distorting into an old man in the mirror. A younger Morpheus tells Neo “time to fly,” handing him a red pill.

Then a lot of jumping, a lot of twists in midair, karate and all the acrobats we expect from a Matrix movie.

• Goose changed the title to The Matrix 4: Resurrections - Reeves, Moss and Lana Wachowski Returning! April 2022

Since The Matrix's resurfaced on Netflix, I'd assumed the trailer would be dropping soon. Unusual to see nothing of a film that's four months away.

Hopefully the 20yr gap has given Lana time to make something as precise? as the first film.  

That trailer description sounds like marketing guff;

”yeah do the thing with the red/blue pill again, they love that don’t they? Then make sure we see the 3 main characters yeah? Then some of that slow motion action stuff the matrix did. Make sure to add the one that looks like the bending over backwards to avoid the bullets one yeah? Younger audience will recognize that from those meme things they watch!”

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

It's got a title

The Matrix Resurrections

There's also a trailer been shown, but not to us mere mortals yet, just to CinemaCon. A description

Hide contents

The trailer begins with Neil Patrick Harris talking to Keanu Reeves’ Neo. A near future San Francisco. It appears that Neo is trapped in a humdrum world, much like his first self in the 1999 movie. He’s just not getting his surroundings.

“Am I crazy?” asks Reeves’ Neo. “We don’t use that word in here,” says Harris’ therapist.

Reeves comes in contact with Carrie Anne Moss’ Trinity in a cafe: “Have we met?” she asks Neo.

A shot of blue pills spilling into a sink, as Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit” song plays.

Then a shot of Neo distorting into an old man in the mirror. A younger Morpheus tells Neo “time to fly,” handing him a red pill.

Then a lot of jumping, a lot of twists in midair, karate and all the acrobats we expect from a Matrix movie.

I think it's a great marketing move to have your film revealed as a description of what happens in the trailer, rather than simply releasing the trailer.

5 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Unusual to see nothing of a film that's four months away.

Four months? But the thread title says next April...

Oh yes, it's out December 2021. Please update the title, @Goose!

It sounds like it’s not so much a trailer that was shown, rather a set of preview clips. Most outlets are just describing it as “footage”. I guess an actual trailer will come later?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Goose changed the title to The Matrix 4: Resurrections - Reeves, Moss and Lana Wachowski Returning! Dec 22nd 2021