Sonic Forces

NEG

• 4 weeks later...

So there's two games remaking Green Hill Zone for the seventh time, with that wrecking ball boss for the sixth time, except in Sonic Forces it turns into another boss they've done three times. Also the Chemical Zone is remade in both games, so that's the third time. And they're bringing back all Sonics shitty friends from Sonic 2006, because this is a series based so much around nostalgia now that they're onto the dregs at the bottom of the barrel.

Kill the Sonic franchise, it's got nothing to offer other than reselling peoples childhood back to them, a throwback that the series four other throwback games have already beaten to death.

this looks fucking dreadful. I hope Mania outsells it massively, and someone beats Sonic Team around the head with unsold boxed coppies until it gets its shit together and stops making utter dross. The sooner Sega kill off "modern Sonic",  re-hire some talent at Sonic Team and stop living on the memories of when they were decent, the better.

5 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

So there's two games remaking Green Hill Zone for the seventh time, with that wrecking ball boss for the sixth time, except in Sonic Forces it turns into another boss they've done three times. Also the Chemical Zone is remade in both games, so that's the third time. And they're bringing back all Sonics shitty friends from Sonic 2006, because this is a series based so much around nostalgia now that they're onto the dregs at the bottom of the barrel.

Kill the Sonic franchise, it's got nothing to offer other than reselling peoples childhood back to them, a throwback that the series four other throwback games have already beaten to death.

So exactly the same as Mario games yeah?

8 hours ago, Nicky said:

I hope Mania outsells it massively, and someone beats Sonic Team around the head with unsold boxed coppies until it gets its shit together and stops making utter dross.

Yeah, I really want Mania to get a big positive push from reviewers and enjoy loads of downloads from fans* whilst Forces underperforms. Even then, I doubt anyone will get the message but it's worth a try ;) 

*unless Mania somehow ends up messing up :ph34r:

On 15/06/2017 at 08:50, RubberJohnny said:

What message will that send? They're both nostalgia focused games, one failing won't lead to any overall change in direction.

So they'll just continue pouring money into failure?

Oh wait, this is Sega. :( 

There's no nostalgia gleaned personally from that trailer, I was hoping for another one like the 360 where there was a modern and retro look at past levels. That was the last one I thought was decent, is this supposed to be it? I'm sure I read they were doing another one like it but if it is I have no clue what stage that's supposed to be in that there trailer. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lothar Hex said:

This looks...I dunno actually. I mean it looks sort of alright and shit at the same time. But I'm fairly sure I'm only saying "alright" because of Sonic Mania being fantastic.

Which was their plan all along

41 minutes ago, freezycold said:

It looks like garbage. I really don't understand who is green lighting these terrible games. 

In fairness they sell welld espite their quality. Young kids love em and then there's the die-heard sonic fans who, quite frankly, keep buying the games hoping they'll be good. I mean, I fucking did until Sonic 2006. I've only bought Generations and Lost World since then befpore Mania. There were at least six or seven games between now and then. And Lost World was only cos it was £2 on steam (hint, it's shit).

• 2 weeks later...