rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Flub

Polybius. Jeff Minter's new game

Can't wait for this. I love Jeff Minter games even more now than when I was a kid playing on my C64.

I'm looking forward to the soundtrack just as much. The TXK soundtrack is one of my favourite albums, let alone OST's. Judging from that video this one could be really special too.

Meh.  Looks as expected.  I don't really get the appeal of Minter games.  I've tried in the past, enjoyed playing a bit of Space Giraffe, but man.  It just looks like a bit seizure-inducing. 

• Upvote 3

On 22/03/2017 at 08:47, dood said:

Meh.  Looks as expected.  I don't really get the appeal of Minter games.  I've tried in the past, enjoyed playing a bit of Space Giraffe, but man.  It just looks like a bit seizure-inducing. 

You just answered your own question!

Does anyone know how this is structured? Is it level based? One unending path? Procedurally generated?

Jeff really needs to update his website more often. No mention of Polybius on there at all. In fact it looks like a website from twenty years ago, unless there's another one I don't know about?

• Upvote 1

That's what I thought@womblingfree - I go back to check every so often and thought he'd given up on life after getting hacked off with mobile gaming not generating any money.

The whole industry has been building up to Jeff creating something like this in VR. Everything else is a sideshow.

• Upvote 2

Make the most of them. Sort out your petty human affairs.

Because a week on Friday is the singularity.

Day 1. I still enjoy the occasional go with Space Giraffe on my Xbone.

I did this just last week. My kids were fascinated. There is still hope for humanity.
  • Upvote 2

On 31/03/2017 at 16:11, choddo said:

That's what I thought@womblingfree - I go back to check every so often and thought he'd given up on life after getting hacked off with mobile gaming not generating any money.

The whole industry has been building up to Jeff creating something like this in VR. Everything else is a sideshow.

His Twitter is excellent/how I keep up on what he's up to. He updates on his sheep all the time with live streams!

• Upvote 2

It's a bit difficult to decipher giles when he's flustered but I think he's implying a shorter delay than that. Sony's requirements for launching a game are bizarre, badly documented and bizarre. I would probably expect it maybe a week or 2 late but not a full month. They've probably done something stupid like set the wrong age rating for Poland.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, I'm a bit suprised they went to release a PSVR title, if only because I remember them complaining about the TRCs for a previous release (Space Giraffe?), and I almost thought they might've had some extra help going this time around, because I could see that the Sony VR TRCs would stress them out. I suspect they aren't that bad actually but they just don't have the patience for this amount of checks and procedures.

Or they were all just high as fuck and didn't read the trc documentation properly.. :P