IGNORED

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Add your tag to the list in the OP

Padaxes

On 04/28/2017 at 17:22, martingee said:

I steam refunded this, not because it's rubbish but because my slightly above min spec machine could hardly run it with everything on very low.

Coupled with the fact it's quite an unforgiving game meant the few games I had were like pissing into the wind and couldn't justify the £27.

I'd watched quite a few youtubers as well as the Giantbomb live stream so i knew what I was getting into, and the 5 or 6 games I had reminded me of early days Dayz. Controls were ok though I wasn't keen on holding down right mouse for ads'ing.

Will look to upgrade my comp in the next couple of months so will probably look at this again.

I upgraded my computer and bought this again!

Spent the day getting my arse handed to me. Really just trying to get to grips with firing which is a real shift in my thinking, but you don't necessarily get a lot practice time XD. 

ADS'ingfeels really sluggish from 3rd person, I may just try 1st person mode, I don't get enough time to react even if I do see them in time, which is usually never!

Getting a real DayZ mod feel (not played the standalone) but with the game turnover of a deathmatch. The problem with Dayz perma death was you felt cheated having spent loads of time getting kit only to lose it someone you never saw, at least with this you can jump in pretty much straight away.

I tried some of the discords from earlier in the thread but don't seem to be working.....anyone about tonight?

Truly a marmite game basically depending on how many people you're playing with and how lucky you've been with loot / how good your aim is.

Last night was just insufferable, tonight I go on (Admittedly with new mouse but don't think that's a huge factor) and though I finished 8th, did get 6 kills and it was much more satisfying. I think the only way to play is to drive around looking for action.

8 hrs played and my best (in singles) is 9th. Started with bad circles for me but then got a couple of good ones but ultimately got pinched from someone coming in from the blue.

Starting to get to grips with the guns and having favourites but it's really just about putting in some serious time to feel comfortable with them and getting used to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Rich Stanton (Kotaku) on PUBG's success

It's worth reminding ourselves, amidst a maelstrom of numbers, that the reason for all of this is that PUBG is an enormously fun video game. It's shonky in places, sure, but that will never leave it, and to be frank that seems to be part of the charm. We live in an age of hyper-engineered and polished experiences, designed to provide enjoyment with as little friction as possible. PUBG is all about the core gameplay, concentrating everything good about the survival genre into a nutshell — and the rough edges remain rough edges because, in the minds of its makers and players, they really don't matter. There's something authentic about it, the feeling of duct tape and the smell of grease, in a world of perfect packages.

The current map reminds me a lot of the journey from The Coastline to Nova Prospekt (Half-Life2), I remember thinking at the time what the game would be like if you could leave the road and go into the areas around and search the derelict houses and find your own way around, basically an open-world environment like PUBG is now. I am not very familiar with the games PUBG cites as its source material, but to some extent they are all descendants of the culture that Valve built around CS/HL, and I would argue that PUBG has much the same energy, and spirit, that those games captured back then.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Wallace said:

That link is for a physical case with a download code :lol: so yes and no. One for the collectors I guess? 

Im trying to stop collecting tat, everything I own for Xbox is digital bar one disk so I’ll hold off till regular digital copy goes live. I have to say I’m impressed by the price and hope it sells well.

Me and some friends have really got into this in the last few months. Its been great as it pulled a few of my console mates into pc gaming. It also forced me to upgrade my computer. Two g-sync monitors and a 1070 have made me very happy. Since my upgrades I've clocked 56 hours on this in two weeks. The chicken dinner ever elusive, until tonight. Hurrah. Here's a few highlights from #boatsquad and my win :)

A mod for DayZ is the battle royale original technically but anyway, Fortnite is fantastic. The recent patch that toned down the amount of higher class weapons that are scattered about was perfect. The whole building mechanism really sets it apart from PUBG.

How is the original Xbox going to run PUBG anyway? It’s not the most technically proficient game. Presumably the Xbox One X will have no issues but the original console can barely run its own OS never mind this!

3 hours ago, Broker said:

Will this ever come to PS4 or is it Xbox exclusive on consoles?

If it was presently a permanent Xbox console exclusive MS would be making a lot more noise about it. The general consensus is that it's exclusive whilst it's in game preview. 

Basically it's another Rise of the Tomb Raider marketing situation until they start saying full exclusive.

It’s the strongest point of Fortnite and why both games can live side by side, I wouldn’t say it’s terrible because you like PUBG as that game is full of holes if you look at it from a Fortnite point of view!

Lets just agree both games are great and it’s just an amazing time to be a gamer :wub:

Ok, shall we not mention that Bluehole worked very closely with Epic to help build Pubg and that the Fortnite addition is basically a rushed out hack job designed to capitalise on the momentum Pubg built, using the insider knowledge they had?

I'm not agreeing to that. Fortnite is bad. 

15 minutes ago, snowbind said:

It is terrible though. Being able to build completely undermines one of the core mechanics of pubg.

This is exactly why they can co-exist. Fortnite is fun, it’s nowhere near as serious as PUBG. Sometimes that’s what you want and other times you want something that is far more hardcore. The Counterstrike comparison is pretty much on the money. That’s a game that can’t really be played casually.

7 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

It’s the strongest point of Fortnite and why both games can live side by side, I wouldn’t say it’s terrible because you like PUBG as that game is full of holes if you look at it from a Fortnite point of view!

Lets just agree both games are great and it’s just an amazing time to be a gamer :wub:

I agree. They are both fascinating and looking at the concurrent users on Steam both are still gaining momentum. Both will be surpassed eventually by something else anyway.

1 minute ago, snowbind said:

At no point have I said neither can't exist. I'm simply telling you why your opinions are wrong. 

You don’t like the building mechanic and that’s fair enough. I do and it appears others do so that’s that. I like it enough that I’m intrigued as to what the non battle royale Fortnite is like.