IGNORED

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Add your tag to the list in the OP

Padaxes

22 minutes ago, Pob said:

Is that on all CDkeys purchases? Good to know if so. 

Not sure, I just went onto the site on my MacBook (which has the fingerprint scanner and apple pay built in) and paid for it. It told me I got £1 off through Apple Pay  - not sure if that's a first time thing or CDKeys. I've never used it before unless it's been on my phone.

Tell you what, though, it was great! Not fucking around, press the finger scanner and that was that.

7 minutes ago, Len said:

Same here, used them for years. No problem with them at all.

I've tried to use CD Keys twice, both times they've refused to confirm the order unless I send them a copy of my passport/driving licence. So, yeah, I won't be using CD Keys at any point because that is some seriously shady stuff.

8 hours ago, Chow said:

I've tried to use CD Keys twice, both times they've refused to confirm the order unless I send them a copy of my passport/driving licence. So, yeah, I won't be using CD Keys at any point because that is some seriously shady stuff.

You can cover the main details they just want to see your name and billing address to prove it’s your card and to protect them from people doing chargebacks once they use the codes.

i bought PUBG twice by accident and they refunded the second without question even though they sent the codes already.

another time I bought something and it went to the wrong email, they cancelled it and refunded the same day, they’re my go to for all digital codes.

14 hours ago, gooner4life said:

You can cover the main details they just want to see your name and billing address to prove it’s your card and to protect them from people doing chargebacks once they use the codes.

i bought PUBG twice by accident and they refunded the second without question even though they sent the codes already.

another time I bought something and it went to the wrong email, they cancelled it and refunded the same day, they’re my go to for all digital codes.

They haven’t sent me any codes as it is a preorder.

This game is fucking amazing, it’s really filled the gap Destiny 2 left. The skill ceiling is so high, and the map is so big, it really takes time to get into it. I feel like after about 70 hours I’m finally getting the hang of what kind of things I should be doing and when. 

Really tempted by the xbox version, but quite out of the loop. Whats the early access plan? All content free? Expansion packs? DLC?

Depressing that I need to ask this these days, but whats the MTX USP Transaction System (TM)?

1. Nothing (best)

2. Purely cosmetic

3. Purely cosmetic random loot boxes.

4. Pay2Win 

5, Pay2Win random loot boxes.

I think I remember seeing a reddit argument about whether it was pay2win or not.

1 minute ago, LaveDisco said:

Really tempted by the xbox version, but quite out of the loop. Whats the early access plan? All content free? Expansion packs? DLC?

Depressing that I need to ask this these days, but whats the MTX USP Transaction System (TM)?

1. Nothing (best)

2. Purely cosmetic

3. Purely cosmetic random loot boxes.

4. Pay2Win 

5, Pay2Win random loot boxes.

I think I remember seeing a reddit argument about whether it was pay2win or not.

Game Preview program just means you get to play it as they make it, so each update will be free and you won't pay any extra when it gets released properly. If they do paid DLC, you'll have to pay for that. As of right now, there are no micro transactions in the game, they did have a special lootbox for Gamescom that you earned with in-game currency, but had to buy a key to open. Other than that one, all of the crates are earned with in-game currency. You can't pay for the currency, and all the objects are purely cosmetic.

I've pre-ordered a copy from Amazon. It's a shame that the Xbox doesn't have a market place like Steam, I've made over £30 from selling these crappy loot boxes on Steam already. People who went big on the Gamescom crates have made a shit tonne of cash.

It’s all cosmetic, but does very slightly increase your inventory size. They’ve also been clear that whilst there are no micro transactions now, there will be after launch. Honestly, the gear/MTX system is totally shit, you get tonnes of dupes, the items are divided into two crates but you can’t choose which one you get, and there’s no option to buy stuff you actually want unless you pay real money on the steam marketplace. You can grab all the stuff in game so it’s not a big deal, but it is crap.

If there is one thing I hate more than adding microtransactions, it's the growing trend to save them till down the line, past the reviews, past the foundation of the community. Get them addicted and start to squeeze.

Seems more reasonable for an early access game to do so, but after that gamescom stuff, sounds dodgy to me.  Thanks for letting me know. 

Not trying to rain on your parade, the base game looks fantastic.

8 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

Lovely games with mr @Rob Rule last night. A one man wolf pack getting used to playing duos and a new mouse with higher DPI are my excuse ;)

It was great fun. We nailed it by the end; it feels like the 'finding-our-feet' session is a compulsory one when first playing with someone new.