rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Horribleman

Disgaea 5

I do love FFT (the original PSone version, and PSP remake) so maybe I'll like it. Switch seems perfect fit for this type of game.

What's up with the physical version of this? Granger said they didn't get any, the guy from Game said it's digital only (I'm guessing they don't have it and he wanted to sell me eshop credit). 

33 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I do love FFT (the original PSone version, and PSP remake) so maybe I'll like it. Switch seems perfect fit for this type of game.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking... nav controls still break my brain though.

Demo done - quite enjoyed that.  For folks who are playing through it... how varied does it get?  I don't mined games of 100 hours, but they need to have some variation in them.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

What's up with the physical version of this? Granger said they didn't get any, the guy from Game said it's digital only (I'm guessing they don't have it and he wanted to sell me eshop credit). 

Something strange happening. Game staff don't seem to know anything about it being released. I got the collectors edition from Nintendo and standard from Argos, who seem to be the only store selling it. 

None at my local Argos, sounds like the distribution has been shit like it was with Puyo Tetris.

Yer once you get a bit stronger, weaker enemies won't be able to damage you. using the cheat shop and increasing the difficulty will increase the enemies level to make them stronger if you fancy a challenge 

3 hours ago, ryodi said:

DIsgaea games generally get pitiful print runs, I only saw one copy of Disgaea D2 at retail for example. The NIS Europe store still has some standard edition copies available to order on their website

https://store.nisaeurope.com/collections/switch/products/disgaea-5-complete-standard-edition

Bah, wish I knew about that site earlier. Tried finding a copy of the special edition here in Denmark and it was impossible. Only place I saw it still available was the Nintendo UK store but they don't ship outside of the UK! :( (They still have it available for anyone looking.)

1 hour ago, Theholyhogg said:

Yer once you get a bit stronger, weaker enemies won't be able to damage you. using the cheat shop and increasing the difficulty will increase the enemies level to make them stronger if you fancy a challenge 

It was the first time I'd ever been in there- I'm around level 12-15?

I don't think I've got the cheat shop yet but I'll give it a spin cheers. I've caught an innocent - any idea what I do with it?

You can use innocents on your items and can breed two together to get a better innocent 

I don't know the names of each one but each innocent increases different stats

Very useful endgame 

After witnessing some Twitter love for this last night, I decided to download the demo. I'm already feeling overwhelmed in the tutorial! I'm sure I could learn to love it, but at the very least I feel I'm going to need to play through quite a lot of it on the big screen so I have some concept of what's actually going on.

I can't find a physical copy anywhere, and I'm loathe to pay £50 for a game I might not enjoy. Also a sweet Tactical RPG should be in a box and live on my shelf!

I also think your saved data from the demo carries over to the full game .

Well it did on the ps4 so I assume this will be the same 

I do enjoy Disgaea and have a fair bit of experience with D5 from my PS4 days, albeit without finishing it, but I've played through the first couple of chapters now on Switch using the DLC characters and it's absurdly easy. Is it:

1. The DLC characters are amazing
  2. The first few chapters are easier than I remember
  3. I'm just that good and all the Fire Emblem I've played in the intervening years has imparted patience and a keen eye for SRPGs

I really hope it's not 1 to be honest. Having played so much with the other guys I wanted something a bit different this time through but with no challenge it's no fun at all either.