Jump to content
IGNORED

Breath of the Wild PC Emulation


Mentazm
 Share

Recommended Posts

I''ve deliberately not even bought it on Wii U, specifically so I can enjoy it on the Switch when I get one.  Playing a rip of it on a PC with an xbox pad less than a month after release just seems like the worst kind of gaming blasphemy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, angel said:

I''ve deliberately not even bought it on Wii U, specifically so I can enjoy it on the Switch when I get one.  Playing a rip of it on a PC with an xbox pad less than a month after release just seems like the worst kind of gaming blasphemy.

Should I just continue playing on Wii U then? :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Should I just continue playing on Wii U then? :(

 

Genuine question? I mean, yes, of course. Don't get me wrong I like emulation, but I use it for systems that are long dead and I've paid my money to support over the years. Downloading an ISO of Breath of the Wild seems rather shabby and is not for me, not at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, the_debaser said:

The idea of playing the best game ever on some buggy emulated software with an Xbox pad makes me want to puke. 

Is that a yes?

Just now, angel said:

 

Genuine question? I mean, yes. Don't get me wrong I like emulation, but I use it for systems that are long dead and I've paid my money to support over the years. Downloading an ISO of Breath of the Wild is not for me, not at all.

The Wii U is as dead as can be tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, angel said:

 

What does that mean though? The game came out less than a month ago, a final swansong. All the more reason not to ruin it.

Means I'm being facetious. Of course I agree with you and @PC Master Race. It's a new game so yes it's totally weird and not quite right to be emulating it this soon. But that it can already be emulated is also very promising for future developments with Cemu. The Wii U will be old at some point and to be able to play such fantastic game in a drastically improved form (almost like playing an impressive HD remake) is going to be great. Just look at how amazing Super Mario Sunshine looks in Dolphin :wub: For now I'm going to continue my Zelda lovin' on Wii U but I'm also going to check in with Cemu developments from time to time just to see how it's progressing. It's fascinating stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, buizel said:

 

Keep telling myself what? That people with beefy PC's legally own the things they emulate?

 

I'm not 'telling myself' that, I just imagine, since I don't emulate stuff like Wii/Wii U or whatever ( since my MacBook is from 2006), I'd just assume these people do, of course I may be wrong, but I imagine thats what happens.

 

Are you talking form the perspective of someone who does own a beefy PC but doesn't pay for software?

Well considering the person who started the thread admitted he's pirating it because he can't afford it I think it's fair to say a sizable proportion will be doing so also, whether they can afford it or not. And it's not just the software sale Nintendo will be losing out on, it's hardware too. A shame for a brand new game on new hardware.

 

I wonder if people would feel the same about 'emulating' brand new PS4 and Xbox One games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Uzi said:

Patreon guys only get it a week early - then general release. So if it isn't out yet - will be in a few days.

 

I personally wouldn't want to play a game like Zelda on emu yet - while the game would greatly benefit from higher resolutions to deal with the heavy aliasing and shimmering on both systems and a more stable framerate (which on wii u in the villages struggles to hit 20fps at times) - given the reliance on physics and being a long game I imagine the potential for bugs or glitches is still pretty high?

 

Also no boring piracy talk when it comes to emulation. Emulation is emulation - piracy is piracy, they can crossover but doesn't mean that they necessarily do. Although Mentazm has basically admitted to pirating it lol

 

I would be more inclined to play this on PC if I still had a Wii U.  Apparently transferring your save back and forth between the two is trivial. 

 

But yeah, I'm not keen on starting a 70-100 hour game on a platform I might not be able to finish it on. Which, funnily enough is why I haven't bought a Switch yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

I'm saying most people salivating at the prospect of emulating a game not even a month old don't own a copy and have zero intention of paying Nintendo any money for all their work. For anyone who thinks otherwise, I have some magic beans you may be interested in.

 

I'm interested at seeing videos of this game running in 4k, thats all - I don't own a Wii U/Switch so I wont be playing the game for a good year until I can afford the Switch - but I am still interested in seeing how it looks at a higher res and what emulation can do (from Streamers/YouTubers with beef PC rigs)

 

I agree though with what you're saying, most people who pirate this right away will never pay for it since theyll be happy with their pirated version.

 

19 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

I've just got a two slot VHS to VHS recorder, so now I can keep what I rent. Finally feels like I'm in the future.

 

I was just thinking about this the other day, in the early 90's and days of VCR recording. How me and my sister would race to find a blank VHS tape when a cool film came on, so we'd end up missing like 10 minutes or so of the start of the film. I remember when we recorded the Mario Bros movie we got it as soon as their truck starts to break down, so we never saw anything before that (like the church/egg hatching) etc... how literally no one would care if you recorded something from TV?

 

^ I'm not using that example to justify piracy at all, just sharing my thoughts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha, I almost started this thread the other day, I haven't emulated it myself, but had seen some news on it. 

 

Funniest part was: the cemu patreon jumped from about 7k a month to 20-something grand since Zelda came out! 

 

Pretty impressive, really. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I wonder if people would feel the same about 'emulating' brand new PS4 and Xbox One games.

 

If I could play Horizon on a PC and have it looking even better I definitely would.

 

But it's not really an issue for most PS4 and Xbox One games, because they already come to PC. Why emulate a game that's already available on a PC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I wonder if people would feel the same about 'emulating' brand new PS4 and Xbox One games.

 

If people could easily emulate the Last Guardian and fix the performance problems it has on base PS4, I'd imagine the interest would be huge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People who pirate games jump from one game to the next because they always want the latest thing and have no real investment in a game. For this reason they'll never get the same enjoyment from ZBotW. New consoles deserve support not this. Mods, close this down.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HarryBizzle said:

 

If people could easily emulate the Last Guardian and fix the performance problems it has on base PS4, I'd imagine the interest would be huge. 

Or buy a PS4 Pro. If people could easily emulate Last Guardian with performance issues they would, because some people just don't want to pay for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

People who pirate games jump from one game to the next because they always want the latest thing and have no real investment in a game. For this reason they'll never get the same enjoyment from ZBotW. New consoles deserve support not this. Mods, close this down.

 

Speak for yourself, I use emulation to play or replay loads of classic games until I finish them  or until I've given it a fair chance but it simply doesn't do it for me. The most recent ones are Sunshine, Yakuza 1 and Digital Devil Saga. All great, all of them lovely in HD and all of them finished. It's just a matter of not starting a new game before finishing the current one first - same with games you buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember Skyward Sword looking absolutely hideous on my TV/the Wii so I emulated it on PC and it looked insanely better with virtually no glitchiness. I had to buy a wireless, battery-powered sensor bar and connect the Wii remote with Bluetooth but other than that it was fairly straightforward.

 

I own two copies of BOTW (pre-order panic) one of which I'm going to sell, and I fully intend to emulate this on PC when it's ready. Playing it without the frame drops and draw distance issues will be incredible if it works. What's the issue again? Lots of people just won't pay for it? OK. And that makes the rest of us worthy of scorn ... why exactly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

I remember Skyward Sword looking absolutely hideous on my TV/the Wii so I emulated it on PC and it looked insanely better with virtually no glitchiness. I had to buy a wireless, battery-powered sensor bar and connect the Wii remote with Bluetooth but other than that it was fairly straightforward.

 

I own two copies of BOTW (pre-order panic) one of which I'm going to sell, and I fully intend to emulate this on PC when it's ready. Playing it without the frame drops and draw distance issues will be incredible if it works. What's the issue again? Lots of people just won't pay for it? OK. And that makes the rest of us worthy of scorn ... why exactly?

 

If you don't explicitly support these anti-piracy views, then your as bad as the pirates themselves.

 

Similar sort of idea I imagine. Also theres people who aren't as knowledgable with emulation and just assume it means filthy pirates

 

18 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

People who pirate games jump from one game to the next because they always want the latest thing and have no real investment in a game. For this reason they'll never get the same enjoyment from ZBotW. New consoles deserve support not this. Mods, close this down.

 

 

I can sort of see this logic. I never put any time into Pokemon Romhacks or fangames becuase I know I could lose it all or it could be irrelevant at the drop of a hat. Where as I put hundreds of hours into legitimately owned Pokemon games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

The idea of playing the best game ever on some buggy emulated software with an Xbox pad makes me want to puke. 

 

There is not much wrong with the xbox pad  Certainly nothing that would  induce vomiting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mike S said:

 

There is not much wrong with the xbox pad  Certainly nothing that would  induce vomiting. 

 

The 360 pad is the most comfortable controller to hold. Maybe the XBone is ive never tried it? It's expensive enough it should be comfortable. It's possibly the idea of "cross-contamination" using a Microsoft product to play a Nintendo game on a PC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, buizel said:

 

The 360 pad is the most comfortable controller to hold. Maybe the XBone is ive never tried it? It's expensive enough it should be comfortable. It's possibly the idea of "cross-contamination" using a Microsoft product to play a Nintendo game on a PC.

 

That may be it.

 

The Xbox One pad is the best out there for me,  by some maegin,   and even more so in its 'Elite' form.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, buizel said:

 

If you don't explicitly support these anti-piracy views, then your as bad as the pirates themselves.

 

Similar sort of idea I imagine. Also theres people who aren't as knowledgable with emulation and just assume it means filthy pirates

 

I dunno, I think for some (not all) there's a smidgen of, 'So I just spent £300 on a new console to play the best version of this game and now it's already an inferior version? Fuck emulation.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.