IGNORED

Monthly Release Dates - April 2017 - What are you buying?

gospvg

39 minutes ago, smac said:

Parappa the Rapper! Man, I never played the original (one of my 'ones that got away' on PS1).

Is that physical, or d/l only?

Digital Only.

Eh, nothing much I'm really interested in next month.

Q30d2PK.gif

:omg: 

Still trying to keep my excitement under control after hearing a few opinions from people who have imported, but even if it's not a P4 beater it's likely to be a decent game at least.

Another month of daftness. I've just bought Nioh, Nieh: Automata and Gravity Rush 2 as well. Zelda owns my life till I've rinsed it. 

Day one

Persona 5 
Drawn To Death - I think this is free on PS+ so there's that! 
PaRappa the Rapper 20th Anniversary - Can not resist. I love this game
The Disney Afternoon Collection
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Not day one curios 

Yooka-Laylee - I really want this to be good, it's most likely a day one purchase. 

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition - Love the original game. I hope the remaster doesn't suck and this will be bound to be £25 in a few weeks
The Silver Case - Cool looking SUDI 51 remaster. 

Edit: Syndrome isn't the game I thought it was!

I'll be getting Mario Kart Deluxe for sure. I want Persona 5 and DoW3, but I'm determined to hold off on big new games like those until I've played through the growing pile of games I really want to play.

This backlog situation is getting silly actually. I'm used to having a big "backlog" of games bought on the cheap that I'll probably never touch, but the sheer amount of games I want to play right now is ridiculous. It doesn't help when many of them are massive epics like BotW.

7 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

I preordered Persona 5, even though I don't expect to play it any time soon. Still, it seems like one of those games that might just get a single print run in the west so I'd rather bag a copy now. Maybe Mario Kart if Zelda lost its grip on me by then.

Yeah, that's the main reason I all of my games this year, plus The Last Guardian late last year, were pre-orders; Japanese curios that might sell out (Yakuza 0 was unavailable for a short while after launch; I also wanted Zelda: BOTW for the WiiU, and when they last did this 'Last Zelda on GC, first Zelda on Wii' for TP, the GC release was rare as hen's teeth).

6 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

I preordered Persona 5, even though I don't expect to play it any time soon. Still, it seems like one of those games that might just get a single print run in the west so I'd rather bag a copy now. Maybe Mario Kart if Zelda lost its grip on me by then.

I was thinking about this at the weekend & if I should order or not but in the end having just started Watch_Dogs 2 and with FFXV & XCom2 still to play I thought that is at least a few months of gaming for me. Also I'm almost guaranteed to be spending more time with Destiny from tomorrow.

I'm hoping it does not become scarce & I can purchase during the summer.

Mario Kart 8 download version is going to be hard to not double dip on, despite rinsing the Wii U version

The idea of the Switch loaded up with a great library of games and no disc/cart swapping, instant start up time even in the dock and full portability is a hard package to argue against. 

I may as well mothball my other consoles once Mario Odessey gets released

Don't really need anything else with BoTW still offering so much.

But I want MK8 and Lego City Undercover - both will be new to me having not owned a WiiU.

Also interested in Yooka-Laylee and Stardew Valley but on the Switch which don't appear to be out this month. 

I'm holding out on Disney Afternoon Collection in the hopes it'll also come to Switch at some point.

Will pick up Wonder Boys at some point in the future I reckon too. 

Nothing probably,  unless some interesting indies turn up on the Switch. 

I do know that I'll be very tempted by MK8 but the only reason to buy it would be for some on the go karting and that doesn't seem enough justifiction given that there is virtually no difference between the switch and wii u version that I have played to death.

So,  just MK8 then.. 

I think I'll be spared in April. I've got Horizon more or less untouched at the moment, and I really must get back into FFXV?

But Andromeda is probably going to take up the majority of time for the next few weeks I reckon.

3 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Definitely going to get Persona 5, but maybe Yooka Layle too. 

I've been waiting for Persona 5 for what seems like forever.

Why don't you wait a few years till it's emulated on the PC and you can download it and play the 60 fps definitive versions amirite?!

3 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Definitely going to get Persona 5, but maybe Yooka Layle too. 

I've been waiting for Persona 5 for what seems like forever.

New or pre-owned?

EDIT: Goddamn you Kevvy.

8 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Why don't you wait a few years till it's emulated on the PC and you download it and play the 60 fps definitive versions amirite?!

Nah, I already have a PS4 and lots of games. Don't need to worry about buying a console for only one game at the moment.

Although having said that I did complete Persona 3 emulated on the PC - I'd already put my PS2 into storage by the time it blew up, I seem to remember it was very much a cult game that got big through word of mouth after the PS2 was on it's way out.

Persona 3 was much better on PC mind - no shitty long load times and could play it in HD, not SD. Was like playing a remaster but back in 2008/9.

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

@gospvg tiny formatting niggle but could you instead perhaps link to the trailers instead of putting them in spoiler boxes? Cheerio! :)

I was thinking to maybe move the trailers to a section at the bottom. But then having them next to the game is an easy way to click on them to view what a game is about.

Did not want videos clogging up the view thus went with spoilers.

I'll take a look tomorrow to tidy it up a bit so the release date info can be read without being interrupted by spoiler tags.

Before anything else, I think it's important to highlight that Polybius needs to be in that starter list. Jeff Minter's new game! PSVR enabled! It's going to be amazing!

Anyway, coming into April I have absolutely no time for any new games: I've already got Zelda, Nier, Yakuza 0, Torment and Horizon vying for my attention, and there simply aren't enough hours in the day.

So naturally I've got Full Throttle Remastered, Persona 5, Polybius and Puyo Puyo Tetris preordered (it is apparently the month of games starting with a 'P'), will pick up Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap assuming it's out on Switch this month, and am likely to pick up Cosmic Star Heroine and Mario Kart 8: Deluxe assuming the former doesn't disappoint and the latter's battle mode isn't a bust.