IGNORED

Designated survivor

Matt Defis

Well I'm still watching this and just wondering if anyone else is and their thoughts? The first couple of episodes were pretty good but it soon became really bad with an insanely convoluted and stupid plot, you might then be wondering why I'm still watching and the reason for that is because it's now so bad it's become all sorts of amazing. I'll list a few points

Me and Langsuir take bets before every episode and try and guess how many times Keifer will say "My God"

The current guy running the FBI, his son goes to a public school with zero security

The reason everything has happened so far was because a bunch of guys in the army slaughtered civilians

The lengths the conspiracy go to are simply amazing yet nobody knows what they want

The overly dramatic shots of someone looking stern with a bad CGI background with a trumpet playing in each episode beggars belief  

A guy crashed his car into the middle of a river off the bridge and somehow gets thrown 300 yards off to the side of the river bank behind where the car hits the water

We need this to happen or the plot won't work like FBI agents cover every exit on a building except 1 and that's the one the guy will always use to get away.

New President doesn't actually ru the country he just sits in his office asking people to solve ctimes.

It's all played so seriously as well but it's so fucking stupid I laugh my way through almost all of it.

This is such garbage, it's like an even stupider 24 but nowhere near as fun.

Kiefer Sutherland walks down corridors while his two amazing looking assistants frown and flirt with each other. Then he says something really earnest, then he says a wisecrack to his female competitor. The show makes out he's a deep, complex character but he actually has no flaws whatsoever.

It's definitely garbage, but I kind of love it. I think if Sutherland wasn't in it, I probably wouldn't watch it. He even says, "Dammit!" at one point. I had to double check I wasn't watching 24.

I've no real idea where the show is heading. It's a strange hybrid of bits and bobs from better shows.

Don't we already have a thread for this? It's daft, but I'm enjoying it. I'm into my political shows at the moment, so this will suffice. That said, I think I'd struggle if he wasn't in it.

No idea if ABC will keep this one going.

Just now, Tezcatlipoca said:

It's stupid, but I love it :D

It's been mentioned in the Netflix thread, but I've not seen a dedicated thread.

I'm probably thinking of the thread where someone announced all the upcoming shows last Autumn.

On 3/31/2017 at 16:21, dumpster said:

It has the feel of a show that's going to run and run, explaining nothing, twisting and turning until no-ones watching and it gets cancelled.  

Despite what's happened, there's no palpable sense of dread. It's like the etch a Sketch has been shook and it's fairly normal politics without many people involved. The stuff at the beginning, with the riots, national guard, and governors actually added tension.

I hate the wife. Hate her. Hate her. She's awful, annoying and always fucks up causing Jack Bauer to clean up her mess.

Its awful but I can't stop watching. And this is one of, if not the, most watched show on ABC so a second season is pretty much a done deal.

I want to like it, but it's the televisual equivalent of magnolia paint. It's not bad, but it's really not good either. It's just... there.

The FBI people (or whatever agency, tbh I've forgotten) I particularly struggle with.

*Arrive at big open space where thing is meant to be* "but there's nothing here!" facepalm.gif

On 10/04/2017 at 00:30, Matt Defis said:

President Jack Bauer didn't say "My God" this week and my disappointed face was slowly being revealed when Asian FBI lady picked up the slack and uttered the words right at the end. :lol:

I think it was Special Agent Nikita's turn to say it again this week, too.

Possibly my favourite piece of how terrible this show can be happened in episode 17. At the very start we're told reporter man is in Iraq, we know this because the buildings are fucked and there is sand on the floor,  so they open the back of the van complete with reporter guy with a hood over his head,the thing is I burst out laughing when they pulled him out and pointed out to the other half it was snowing in Iraq, she said it could just be dust.  Three quarters of the way through the episode reporter man is in Washington D.C and when he steps out of his building it's fucking snowing, they filmed Iraq In the same place complete with the snow :lol: