Star Wars Battlefront 2

gospvg

The credit grind is utterly horrendous, particularly when the trooper crate is 4,000 credits (though I never buy that).

They should have doubled it at least, or at least be putting in some double weekends, I noticed it said Blast Sunday yesterday, but it didn't make any obvious difference that I could see.

That said, I'm really enjoying the game itself, it's just soul destroying playing a long round of Galactic Assault and getting 400 credits or something at the end of it

27 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I’ve picked up circa 1200 credits in matches before, probably when I got in a spaceship.

Are you sure that isn't when you've leveled up as well? I get that if I level up after the round finishes, otherwise in a good match I think I've seen 500-600.

The Last Jedi patch is up. Spoiler guidelines.

If you're going into the film totally blind, play the DLC after the movie!

If you've seen the trailers, you're all clear to enjoy Iden's new story!

We do not spoil The Last Jedi's story in any way!

To use it as pre-movie hype or save it for post-movie hype, that is the question.

Other updates include...

Made improvements in reducing game server lag on large game modes

Made improvements in reducing micro-stuttering/freezes during gameplay

Multiplayer might actually be playable now. They’re too good to us.

I also think this is a nice change:

Unlocked the 2nd and 3rd Star Card slots for all four Trooper Classes

With these slots unlocked, all new players, and existing players, will receive three Common Star Cards per Trooper Class to fill out their hand

After playing EA I was a bit miffed that they didn't at least give you a collection of the common cards to get started with - it seems they've thought the same thing. I'm redownloading the trial (I still have 8 hours left lol) to see how it plays now. Plus, Star Wars hype will be pretty high this week. 

Campaign extension is mostly forgettable, save for a rather cool tie fighter but that is cut way too short. If you liked the campaign though, you’ll like this

New starfighter assault map is rather poor. This energy field dynamic isn’t much fun.

Crait on Galactic Assault is where it’s at. Superb.

The Crait map is Battlefront at its best. It was only after seeing the movie that I could fully appreciate how well they captured it. It doesn't feel like just another map, it's a new experience. One that I still haven't quite figured out how to approach the first stage of.

3 hours ago, dave7g said:

IT's worth it, there's fun to be had. Campaign is good enough. FPS Mulitplayer is same as last time but Starfighter Assault is incredible.

That's the mode I'm most interested in. But if multiplayer is as buggy/laggy as some people are saying, I'm a tad worried.