rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Fallows

Quake 3 Arena / Unreal Tournament (Wednesday evenings, 8pm - 10pm GMT)

hah, i just tried Q1 over my FTTN connection.. ping of 400. Worse than over my 56k in 1997.

The rconpassword is for allowing the server to be remotely controlled and set maps and modes, but I have setup voting so you can vote for clan arena/ctf/1v1 or promode on or off which is meant to be more quakeworld like settings.

The only day I can't do is Thursdays as I do the rllmuk FIFA league Thursday nights.

OP may want to post something in the Steam thread in Discussion. Lots of people there will have Q3A. We used to have a group of us playing Team Fortress 2 regularly some years ago, so they may be up for it.

1 minute ago, Fallows said:

Excellent. So how about tonight, then? 10pm GMT good for people?

10pm a bit late for me, got to be up early. Was thinking more 8pm.

The carefree days of sitting up til 3am playing games are long gone.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fallows said:

No worries, 8pm it is then!

Cool.

I still get friends sending me requests to play Left 4 Dead 2 at 11.30pm, hah. Just got to win the Premium Bonds and win enough to stop working.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

Is Q2 an option ever?

I'm open to other games. I'm really hoping for some UT as well at some point.

Let's stick to one game for now, in order to gain momentum. :) It can be a vintage FPS gentlemen's club.

Brutal Doom co-op is immense. Me and some colleagues caned the whole of DOOM this time last year (with the re-designed/expanded stages for Brutal). 1-life mode, too. If you die you spectate - each stage just needs one survivor to reach the end.

• Upvote 1

Damn, this is too early for me. I'm in work during those hours (I'm in Canada). Hopefully if some weekend jaunts happen I can make it.

Brutal Doom is really good. Lots of empty servers are listed via Zandronum/Doomseeker. Really like the survival maps although I prefer the ones with sensible enemy placement rather than 600 Cacodemons.

31 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

Damn, this is too early for me. I'm in work during those hours (I'm in Canada). Hopefully if some weekend jaunts happen I can make it.

Aww, that's too bad. :( Let's see, weekends might be better for others too.

Going in now. I'll be in-out over the duration as my dinner will be ready.

Yes enjoyed that. I was stuggling to keep in the black but had my moments. Tried to get at least one railgun kill in.

• Upvote 1

The 'single player' isn't too bad for practice. It's also a good refresher for the maps.

I really liked that OSP map, that vertical one that looks like the Water Temple.

We definitely need more peeps for this. Surprised @humdrum didn't show up. :) Next time. 

Thanks for joining in anyway. Hopefully this is the start of something beautiful. Getting a Q3A thing going with people of the same skill level has been a fantasy for a while now.

27 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

It was asking for my cd-key, but my it did not like my steam key. 

Yeah same last night but tonight it didn't ask for it at all. I'd try restarting the PC fully. 

meh 

8:00 pm Thursday, in United Kingdom is

5:00 am Friday, in Sydney NSW

I didn't buy quake3 again I just installed ioquake and then dropped the pak0 file into the baseq3 folder and I skip over the activation key when it asks and it lets me onto my server at least 

• Upvote 2

If anyone gets a chance can they test the connection to the server please?

My internet modem died this morning so I have had to order a new one but until it comes I have had to do some bastardisation  and double nat an old bt home hub to my asus router with it in the DMZ.

It should would but would be good to have someone confirm it is working.

Sorry the BT home hub really doesn't like being used as a modem for my router, So the server will probably be down until I get my replacement modem delivered. :(

Ballbags. Oh well. :)

Take your time man, there's no rush. It's awesome that you're running this.

Replacement router got delivered today. if someone gets a chance can they give the server a try please?

Just a heads up I am going to be at the football tomorrow so would be good if someone could check this is all back up and running if the plan is to use the server tomorrow.

I'll be on tomorrow evening for a bit. Depending on chores completed maybe after 7.30. 

BTW can some kind of Duel mode be set up on a server? Quake Live had a good 2-player railgun duelling mode. Might be an idea when there aren't many about.