Friday the 13th - Te-te-te-ah-ah

Nespresso

56 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

I've had some moments playing this weekend that are up there with my very best gaming experiences. 

It's technically bad, but succeeds brilliantly at being a slasher game. Finding it quite addictive at the moment.

Between you and the video compilation posted above I think I'll have to try this. Are the server issues as bad as the outpouring of rage on their forums would have me believe?

Yeah the matchmaking is a bitch but they're fixing it. I just leave it to idle and browse the forum or something.

I'm still continuing to love this to be honest, it's totally pulled me away from Prey which I was enjoying a lot. Recent highlights included a trash talking Jason who threw me in the fireplace while growling 'I love my meat well-done', accidentally running over and killing one of my team mates in the car, and setting two traps by the boat as Jason and watching as a counselor stumbled into both of them in quick succession and died instantly.

Best multiplayer game I've played in years, in spite of the issues. 

Bloody hell this is good fun once it gets going! I died very quickly one round then came back as Tommy. Managed to shoot Jason, escaped his grab! An just made it to the cops by the skin of my teeth. My old man was round at the time an even said it was fun to watch. This is basically spy's vs mercs. The proxy voice stuff is brilliant, some random yank going "hiiiiiiii" as he jumped out and crushed my skull. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got this the other day and it's great fun. It's nowhere near as janky as I'd feared. First 4 goes I was one of the teenagers. I got away every time. The 4th go I was Jason - it's brilliant at making you feel super-powered. I killed all the kids :)

Add me folks if you can - the only drawback so far is the whole lobby in every match is full of screaming Americans :)

PSN is Hardbattle 

I've really enjoyed this but have encountered a few people using really cheap tactics and exploits and that ruins it a bit. Just play the game and have fun.  I can't see the joy I'm using a glitch or just running around tables to endlessly.  At least back in the day you could unplug someone's pad if they were being a dick.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

i decided just to go for this owing to me love of the film series and I'm not disappointed. It's buggy, there are glitches and sometimes the matchmaking is slow, but it's FUN! It's actually as much fun to watch when you get killed as it is to play. Love the atmosphere and having a lot of little authentic touches (film score, Jason's mums voice) makes it feel a real labour of love.