The Boxing Thread

dogsout

I think you have got it completely wrong. Khan is one of the good guys. I personally think he's down to earth and pretty humble. He doesn't talk shit like some boxers, he's just confident in his ability. He's no different to any other boxer in this respect. It seems like there are a lot of people who hate Khan, I've no idea why. He's got amazing talent, maybe a suspect jaw, but he's a British fighter we should all get behind and support.

No, probably looking at around 4am start. That's what it normally is anyway. I usually regret staying up and end up wishing I had just gone to bed and set the alarm. Normally doesn't get finished till gone 5am.

edit-posted too soon, just had a quick bit of research, apparently brought forward by one hour so looking at 3am ring walks

Can't wait to watch Judah give Khan a good, authoritative beating, as he so truly deserves. People think Haye's ego is bad...

You think Khan has an ego? Have you seen Zab Judah in full flow? He tried to throttle a referee for having the audacity to stop the fight after Kosta Tzsyu knocked him the fuck out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBZTTwijWMs

(still one of the best punches ever thrown in a world title fight, isnt it?)

I'd like to be able to see both fights. Mrs Nayson is currently 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant so knowing my luck she will go into labour five minutes before the first bell. I think Khan will beat Judah though, he is too quick and a real heavy hitter at 140. Comfortable points decision or possibly a late stoppage for me. Fury - Chisora is a genuine 50/50 fight if you ask me. I think Chisora might just nick it of Fury runs out of steam (as he is want to do).

Yeah Judah is a cunt. Throwing a stool across the ring and threatening the ref in that fight because he got stopped (rightly so, he was all over the place). In the Mayweather fight he smashed Floyd in the balls and then back of the head on purpose, causing Uncle Roger to storm into the ring and cause chaos. If I remember, he even took a swing at Roger.

I'd like to be able to see both fights. Mrs Nayson is currently 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant so knowing my luck she will go into labour five minutes before the first bell. I think Khan will beat Judah though, he is too quick and a real heavy hitter at 140. Comfortable points decision or possibly a late stoppage for me. Fury - Chisora is a genuine 50/50 fight if you ask me. I think Chisora might just nick it of Fury runs out of steam (as he is want to do).

Apparently Chisora has come in at a stone heavier than normal. He's actually heavier than Fury! I think he may be the one gassing and running out of steam. Fury is looking good.

That's interesting. I just googled it and yep, Chisora weighed in at 261 (eighteen and a half stone) which is 15 pounds heaver than he has been for a couple of years. Chisora has of course been inactive in 2011 because he has twice had Wlad cancel on him at the 11th hour. That means he has been in training camp pretty much all year I guess. I wonder if he decided he had done the ground work in the training camps for the two cancelled Klitschko fights and took it easy so he is coming in fat, or if he has put on muscle? It will be interesting to see how the extra weight affects Del Boy.

I think you have got it completely wrong. Khan is one of the good guys. I personally think he's down to earth and pretty humble.

You've not met him then. He's an arsehole.

Have you seen Zab Judah in full flow?

I have, he's absolutely awful as well. It's just that Khan loves all the 'big time' American stuff and he's going to meet his match in that respect.

Looking foward to the boxing tonight i have a sneak feeling that Zab is going to take this one, he looks in fab shape were as Khan looks a little soft. Not exactly conclusive indication of who will win but i like what i've been hearing from Zabs camp, of course it could just be bluster and he'll probably fall apart after a few rounds like he usually does in his big fights.

119598946.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FB0F3D4CF08E9B2E8A63BA71CB32DF14822C6934299F63A6C0119599018.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FB52C50657A7EA223C63BA71CB32DF148270DB6FAB59A47359

Also this really made me laugh, i've really warmed to Tyson Fury after not liking him initially, i find him quite funny now. Still don't think he's improved since his debut much but he should still see of Chisora who's personality i really don't like.

Tyson Fury sings the classics. 1:06 in (so much for 'copy url at current time' :hmm: )

Aye. Never in doubt once it went to the cards. Fury looked like he was only ever two seconds from getting knocked out though. Hard to believe that there were no knockdowns in the fight. Ill bet Chisora is kicking himself that he came in so heavy though.

Aye. Never in doubt once it went to the cards. Fury looked like he was only ever two seconds from getting knocked out though. Hard to believe that there were no knockdowns in the fight. Ill bet Chisora is kicking himself that he came in so heavy though.

Definitely. He was carrying way too much of a spare tyre, better to put more into the technique side of things than to rely on packing on a few late pounds, that only ends up as dead weight after a round or 2. He seemed a little bit, clueless apart from the rope-a-dope attempt too.