The Boxing Thread

dogsout

Pathetic from Judah. Looking for a way out again. He was getting absolutely smashed to pieces.

Fantastic performance from Khan.

He is so fucking good right now. Hope they don't rush him into Mayweather. Not sure he is ready for him. Another couple of years with Roach though and i think he could beat anyone.

Khan calling out Tim Bradley. I dont blame him either, I think Khan would smash Bradley to bits at the moment. I think Khan might be able to give Floyd a run for his money on current form.

Judah crying about a low blow now. :lol: The shot hit him on the waistband, and he almost had his shorts pulled up to his armpits.

Oh Judah you crazy fucking loon. "I thought I was getting a standing 8 count" when he was on his knees on the floor.

"It hit me straight in the balls" when we are being shown a replay where it clearly hit him on his belly.

I am rubbish at calling fights, Judah didn't really fall apart like he usually does because he wasn't in the fight right from the get go. Impressive from Khan, i love watching him fight the big fights as he seems on point for them. I really could see him challenge Mayweather at the tail end of next year as he really seems to be improving and that hand speed is excellent tied to some very good accuracy tonight.

Like I said a while back, the lad's made a fan out of me. He's completely turned his career around, and is either taking or pushing for all the relevant fights at his weight. It's refreshing to see, and it's great to have another genuine top-level and entertaining British fighter doing it on the world stage. He has come on so much under Roach's guidance, the sky is the limit for him. He looks great right now. Hopefully they don't rush him into a fight with Mayweather just yet.

OK I've decided, as I get paid this week, I'm going to make good on my question from however many pages back and, as the unfit slob I am, I'm going to my local boxing gym on Thursday evening. I feel as though it'll be a positive step towards trying to have a more active lifestyle.

I am rubbish at calling fights, Judah didn't really fall apart like he usually does because he wasn't in the fight right from the get go.

Yep. He had nothing to fall apart from in this fight, Khan took it all away from the opening bell.

Judah obviously carries his balls higher up than the rest of us :facepalm:

Yeah fair play to Khan, he smashed Judah up easily. And yeah, Judahs balls must be in his abdomen if he considered that a low blow

After every fight of Khan's I've picked holes in what he did wrong, rather than what he did right, and usually with relish. I've watched every Khan fight hoping he would lose and I find it impossible to enjoy a Khan fight because of this. I know why it is though, and it's because of his following by the 'British Fan'. Not the quiet boxing fan, but the idiots who made it harder to love Hatton, or even like David Haye by blindly supporting, while not having a clue about boxing (it's all about the KO) and being disrespectful to a non-British opponent. It's also the reason I refused to watch Tyson Fury last night, actually scratch that, I didn't watch Tyson Fury because I find him utterly unconvincing as a champion.

There's a whole rant waiting to happen, but I can't be bothered right now. Suffice to say that it annoys me when I can't enjoy watching a boxer with Khan's skills and potential, not because I dislike the guy but because I dislike the fans. And if it isn't the fans putting me off, it's Khan's dad appearing in the ring at the end.

I know what you mean, and the hype was a big part of what turned me off him at the start of his career. I also agree about his dad - I had suspected his handlers to be cunts for a long time, and they confirmed those suspicions through their run-in with Ariza. Putting all of that aside for one moment, just look at some of the positives:

He's gone abroad and tested himself against the best in his division.

He's a good role-model for young kids - lives a clean life and stays out of trouble.

He's put Frank Warren out of the picture instead of continuing with the easy option of soft opponents, in packed out stadiums over here.

There's really not a lot about him to dislike now. Also: for every annoying Khan fan that doesn't really follow boxing but loves to hype him, there's a scumbag that refuses to acknowledge his talent because of his race/religion. I'd say you're better off just ignoring what the lemmings think - just enjoy him while we've got him because he really can achieve great things, and it could be a long time before we can say that about another British fighter after he's gone.

Anyone know where I can download/stream this? I seem to remember a link being posted to another forum ages ago, but I can't find it.

there's loads of download links on warez-bb and I imagine most other download/torrent sites.

I know what you mean, and the hype was a big part of what turned me off him at the start of his career. I also agree about his dad - I had suspected his handlers to be cunts for a long time, and they confirmed those suspicions through their run-in with Ariza. Putting all of that aside for one moment, just look at some of the positives:

He's gone abroad and tested himself against the best in his division.

He's a good role-model for young kids - lives a clean life and stays out of trouble.

He's put Frank Warren out of the picture instead of continuing with the easy option of soft opponents, in packed out stadiums over here.

There's really not a lot about him to dislike now. Also: for every annoying Khan fan that doesn't really follow boxing but loves to hype him, there's a scumbag that refuses to acknowledge his talent because of his race/religion. I'd say you're better off just ignoring what the lemmings think - just enjoy him while we've got him because he really can achieve great things, and it could be a long time before we can say that about another British fighter after he's gone.

Aye, i disliked him at first too but since going with Freddie Roach ive alot more time for him now. As you say, hes tested himself against the best in his division, for him to really win me over now, all id like to see from him is a rematch with Breidis Prescott

Aye, i disliked him at first too but since going with Freddie Roach ive alot more time for him now. As you say, hes tested himself against the best in his division, for him to really win me over now, all id like to see from him is a rematch with Breidis Prescott

I cant see that happening any time soon. Prescott hasnt done anything since beating Khan while Khan has lit up the division since that night. Everybody wants to see Khan - Bradley. I'd love to see that, Khan can unify the division before moving up to 147 and there are plenty of massive fights for him there. I'd like to see Bradley in November/December, then a fight in the UK against Kell Brook next spring before a big fight next summer against Mayweather. Dunno how likely any of those are to happen, people are talking about Khan - Morales if the Bradley fight doesnt happen. Morales is a living legend, he was the last man to beat Manny Pacquiao, but he his five years past his sell by date if you ask me.

Yeah, Morales was already past his best before Pacquiao got in with him - it would be pointless, but I doubt anybody involved would let that get in the way of it happening.

Also: Khan lost to Prescott at Lightweight and then promptly moved up. He's much bigger now and, more crucially, much better. He'd wipe the floor with Breidis in a rematch, not that I'd hold it against him if he wanted to take that fight.

It's so damn annoying that he's as good as he is now he's training with Roach and gone up in weight, I really don't want to like him but his skill is pretty damn undeniable!!

What is the actual reason for not liking Khan? I know loads of people hate him in the UK but I've never got it. Is it just a perceived arrogance?

TBH Khan has said a fair amount of stupid shit in the past. I can see why alot of it would rub people the wrong way. The non-stop hype from the media ever since the Olympics has put people off too. Or as someone mentioned earlier some of his fans fall into the 'know nothing about boxing but claim Khan is the greatest of all time' camp.

He has mellowed out alot the past year or two though, or at least knows how to play the game better.

What is the actual reason for not liking Khan? I know loads of people hate him in the UK but I've never got it. Is it just a perceived arrogance?

I think the Frank Warren style pussy fights for a long time irritated people.

Yeah, Morales was already past his best before Pacquiao got in with him - it would be pointless, but I doubt anybody involved would let that get in the way of it happening.

Also: Khan lost to Prescott at Lightweight and then promptly moved up. He's much bigger now and, more crucially, much better. He'd wipe the floor with Breidis in a rematch, not that I'd hold it against him if he wanted to take that fight.

Aye, to be fair tho i havent heard a word about prescott since then so i was just assuming he was still boxing, didnt know he hadnt done anything since then

Aye, to be fair tho i havent heard a word about prescott since then so i was just assuming he was still boxing, didnt know he hadnt done anything since then

Kevin Mitchell had a good fight with him and outclassed him. His win over Khan is just one of those blips that occassionally happen in boxing. It's done Khan a world of good probably. Khan would destroy him if they fought now.

• 3 weeks later...

I take it you're The Rev on there? I don't post on there much at all anymore (my first two accounts were banned after I took to arguing with a racist scumbag) but I still read the forums most days, and make the odd post when I feel it absolutely necessary.

It's such a shame that the show is in trouble.