The Boxing Thread

dogsout

I do agree with that statement. Although, the Cleverley fight, whilst not of quite the same magnitude was a good fight.

(even though it was a World title defense)

I been using PPV since the beginning, and the dissapointments are overwhelming. It don't help that a lot of big fights are in major cities in the US and are on early hours.

I know this was on Warrens new channel, but as the rule...anything 'big' goes PPV...Haye Harrison was a joke. Haye Klitchsko was a joke. Groves Degale...that was okay...build up was better. (tipped Groves to my then partner and won a few quid)

Luckily I follow most boxing so watch 'lesser' or up and coming fighters...I will admit, as much as I love the sport, they don't have that same physological buzz as...(I'm not going to list as it could take some time)

One to watch for me though is Saul Alvarez.

Don't get me wrong the Cleverly v Bellew fight was great, i mean there are a lot of good fights and i watch anything and everything but it's seems like so many of the bigger fights are ruined by anticlimatic endings bullshit decisions and bad refereeing, it's just feels like such a let down and it happens too often for my comfort. I like Alvarez i've been watching him for a few years, i've posted it elsewere on here but when i first seen him he was as slow as molases and i was suprised by the hype he was getting, but he's come on in leaps and bounds.

Agree again good man.

1st thing I missed on my move from Wales (sky at home) to coming to Coventry was Ringside and Golf.

I did consider myself a casual boxing fan for many years, just on the basis,i knew there is a lot of boxing out there (professional)

and I missed so much. (watching main events kind of thing)

I do really watch everything these days...I've been a bit out of touch with me losing my girlfriend and moving away from a lovely

seaside town back to 'home' last 4-6 weeks.

I should be back on track now, although its not the same watching it through the xbox. (My father is against Murdoch and wont have sky/sky dish)

Boxing is just so fascinating. The Clev fight was gritty and I love all that inside stuff and body work, Bellows was gracious in defeat, although all my friends seem to really dislike him.

I don't like going through too many names..just there are many boxers or worthy notation.

I'm guessing Mayweather v Khan has more chance of the one that wont happen.

Don't get me wrong the Cleverly v Bellew fight was great, i mean there are a lot of good fights and i watch anything and everything but it's seems like so many of the bigger fights are ruined by anticlimatic endings bullshit decisions and bad refereeing, it's just feels like such a let down and it happens too often for my comfort.

Coming right off the back of Mayweather-Ortiz, I hear that. Just a run of bad luck for PPV mains I guess, it happens sometimes. Not great for the sport though.

Clev vs Bellew was a cracker. Both fought very well and came out of the fight looking better. Classy post fight stuff too. Wish I had gone to it now.

Boxing is just so fascinating. The Clev fight was gritty and I love all that inside stuff and body work, Bellows was gracious in defeat, although all my friends seem to really dislike him.

He always seems to come across really cocky in tv interviews. He posts on boxrec a fair bit though and there he seems like a nice, normal bloke.

• 2 weeks later...

Bute v Johnson tomorrow aswell and talking about barn burners Angulo v Kirkland. Kirklands tko at the hands of Ishida took a bit of lustre of the fight but i hope that was just a blip (his chin seemed ok up to that point) and we get a cracker.

Absolutely can't wait for Bute v Johnson, Johnson being the ultimate yardstick. Hats off to Bute for taking him on, wouldn't surprise me if Johnson takes it.

Kirkland's been rocked a few times by non-punchers. What could be more entertaining, a one-dimensional slugger who can get laid out himself pretty easily!

Also Groves v Smith might be a beauty. Neither are one-punch KO fighters, both feel superior to the other, we might get a slug-fest. Might...

Absolutely can't wait for Bute v Johnson, Johnson being the ultimate yardstick. Hats off to Bute for taking him on, wouldn't surprise me if Johnson takes it. Kirkland's been rocked a few times by non-punchers. What could be more entertaining, a one-dimensional slugger who can get laid out himself pretty easily!Also Groves v Smith might be a beauty. Neither are one-punch KO fighters, both feel superior to the other, we might get a slug-fest. Might...

Yeah a good night of boxing, Bute and Johnson used to be sparring partners so they know each other well hope they don't become too cautious (when has Johnson ever been cautious!) I find it strange that Groves is fighting Smith, while Groves beat Degale he moves on to a euro title shot and Groves takes a step backwards and fights Smith who Degale stopped prior to their fight, Degale does seem to be running before he can walk though while Groves seems to be happy to take his time and learn his craft. I wonder if it's a case of trying to one up Degales performance aswell? Out of all the fights tonight Angulo v Kirkland could be an absolute stormer or it it could be over very quick. Yes Kirkland had been rocked in previous fights before being tko'd by Ishida but fighting the way he does it didn't really supprise me as he really gave no concern to defense at all but the Ishida fight was worrying but by all accounts he was ill prepared for that fight, lets see what happens now that he is back with Wolfe because she really seemed to be able to get the best out of Kirkland. Here's hopeing for a good night of competitive fights!

But some sad news about Joe Frazier now :(

Joe Frazier Deathly Ill

Good performance from Ricky Burns tonight. Comfortable points victory, he is maturing into a very good fighter, it would be interesting to see him in with Kevin Mitchell next year.

George Groves KO was decent too, he might be looking at a title shot in 18 months or so if he keeps winning.