The Boxing Thread

dogsout

God damn Bom Arum is a cunt. Perfect chance to say that they will take on Mayweather in May and he just says that he wants Marquez again. The Mayweather fight will NEVER happen because of that twat. Pacquiao is spineless for just letting his promotor dictate everything, he just needs to state outright that he wants Mayweather. I used to think it was Mayweather doing the ducking, now I just know it's that money grabbing Arum that's spoiling it.

God damn Bom Arum is a cunt. Perfect chance to say that they will take on Mayweather in May and he just says that he wants Marquez again. The Mayweather fight will NEVER happen because of that twat. Pacquiao is spineless for just letting his promotor dictate everything, he just needs to state outright that he wants Mayweather. I used to think it was Mayweather doing the ducking, now I just know it's that money grabbing Arum that's spoiling it.

After tonight, who cares? The fight I now want to see is Mayweather-Marquez II. He was soft, slow and weak at the weight when he fought Floyd. Tonight he was a tank. He looked solid at the weight going in, and he looked solid on the night when Pac's best was bouncing off him. His nutritionist is either going to jail after tonight, or will be receiving a lot of job offers.

I think Manny maybe just had a real bad day and Marquez is just his bogey man. I still think Pacquiao is the best person out there for Mayweather to fight and there isn't a fight I would want to see more. I did think that Pacquiao had what it took to beat Mayweather but after last night and Pac getting caught by counters all night long, I think the guy renowned for his defensive skills and counter punching would be able to cope with Manny. He just didn't even seem that aggressive last night. Anyway, I'm pretty certain we will never see the fight if Arum is talking about Marquez again. He clearly doesn't want to share any of the spoils outside of Top Rank. Khan is more likely to fight Mayweather than Pac IMO.

Small topic swerve...

Just watched the thrilla in manilla documentary. Is it me or is/was Ali... A twat. His attitude toward Frazier stunk during those 3 fights they had. They say Ali was playing for the cameras, but he came across racist and ignorant.

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I'd post a quick reminder about the Benn v Mclellan documentary on ITV(1 & HD) "The Fight Of Our Lives", Monday 10:35pm. I remember watching the fight down the pub and not quite believing just how brutal it was. An incredible fight with terrible consequences.

Bonus links:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/dec/02/nigel-benn-gerald-mcclellan-fight?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/feb/23/boxing.gdnsport3