10-9

8-10*

9-10

10-9

10-9

9-10

9-9*

*point deducted

The Ref might have cost Khan his title here. Two points deducted is very harsh, I take Jim Watt's point about the warnings, but Peterson kept putting his head in, trying to draw the "foul" from Khan. I have Khan by a point fwiw.

Nah, thought Khan deserved to lose that based on the head holding, was warned over and over for it and didn't listen. He just didn't do enough and is way way better than that performance showed. Perhaps looking too far forward, all week he's been talking about Mayweather.

Re-match and Khan wins though.

Nah, thought Khan deserved to lose that based on the head holding, was warned over and over for it and didn't listen. He just didn't do enough and is way way better than that performance showed. Perhaps looking too far forward, all week he's been talking about Mayweather.

Re-match and Khan wins though.

When was the last time you saw two points taken away for pushing off in a championship fight ?

For it to be the swing for the Dec in a close fight makes it even more ridiculous.

Losing can come at good times, but this wasn't that particular time. Khan is a great boxer, he was about to take the step on to greater things, he should of been more mindful - yes i'm stating the obvious.

Its just frustrating, I'm not taking anything away from Peterson. Khan does have himself to blame too as well as the one-sided ref.

I don't think Khan did enough through large parts of stages in fight. I think that is down to Peterson also.

I'm pretty sure the American Media will have a different spin on this. Just upset. And obv tired.

Don't want to sound like fucking Steve Collins, who doesn't seem to like Khan?

Well that was a turn up, but you can never be 100% with Khan, so I didn't find it hugely shocking. Britain will probably have no world champions after next week. - a couple of belt holders in Cleverly and Burns, but no one with a legitimate claim to be 'the man' in their division. I see Froch losing a depressingly one-sided decision.

By the way, the consensus from the US ranges from it being a fight that could've gone either way to the suggestion that Khan was hard done by. HBO seemed to think there was a bit of hometown cooking.

I felt it was close, very close but regardless of that, the fight showed why Khan is a million miles from Mayweather and Pacquiao. Leaky defence, too many fluff flurries without the requisite accuracy and not in possession of real power to serve as the equaliser when things aren't going so well. He has plenty to work on, because he has the raw tools.

He's a very good boxer, of course, but if he found Peterson's pressure tough to deal with, it's impossible to pick him to beat Tim Bradley with unwavering confidence, let alone a truly elite opponent.

echo the views on the brilliant Benn documentary on ITV, I remember watching that fight stunned at the time with the ferocity of it and in a pre-interent age I stayed up waiting for news bulletins to hear what had happened to them both.

does seem Mclelland was a thoroughly nasty bit of work (not making any implications he deserved it) and had a terrible crew around him.

I always loved watching Benn, put him in the same class of warrior as Hagler & Holyfield

I can never summon the energy to watch Amir Kahn, something about him I cant stand and always hope he loses.

I don't think he would get annihilated by Mayweather. It would be a completely different fight. Mayweather doesn't rush in all guns blazing like Peterson and Maidana.

The ref was harsh last night. Normally refs break the two part when one has dived in and their all tangled up. This ref wasn't having any of it. Perterson was diving in with his head down, no wonder Khan was trying to push him off. It's boxing though, you got to expect to get smothered by a pressure fighter and know how to deal with it.

I'm just disappointed. It's another potential super fight I was looking forward to next year derailed. First Pacquaio puts in a crap performance, now Khan loses. You just know Froch is gonna end up losing now too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYcGdQdoUbc

Lets have some Cobra love. Away from home, Froch going into the twelfth round four points down on two of the judges cards against a younger man with more pedigree and world title fight experience. Needed a KO. There is a punch through the guard with about 45 seconds left ("another right hand!") which absolutely knocks Taylor's block off. How the hell Taylor got up from that one is beyond me, his corner must have thought he was home and dry after getting up as there were only about 25 seconds to go, but the ref still had to step in to stop it before Froch killed him. Epic performance.

Oh, and how about Carl Froch's recent run of fights? His last six were Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham & Johnson. His next one will be Ward, and if he wins that then he will probably face Lucian Bute next spring. That would be eight fights in a row against genuine world class opposition. I cant think of any other examples of a run against harder opposition. I am sure there are plenty out there, but off the top of my head I cant think of any.

Obviously the loss is a set-back for Khan but I don't think it's harmed him too much - he can win the rematch and after all, being in another good fight on US tv can't be bad for him. I wouldn't have enjoyed seeing Mayweather take the piss out of him anyway.

Fingers crossed for the Cobra now. I've read so many boxing fans saying Ward is going to box Froch's ears off that I'm really pessimistic about the fight. I do have a little feeling though that when Ward starts his billy goat stuff Carl really is going to keep to his word to turn the action inside the ring to "madness"! Let's see how you like the head-butts and elbows Andre. :P

Come on Froch!

He's gonna lose though isn't he.. :(

No reason that he cannot win, he has more power and is certainly tougher. I want to see how Ward responds to pressure, he hasn't faced that yet and it is still an unknown. A Froch win by knockout is not outside the realms of possibility. Hope Kell Brook impresses on his American debut too.

I don't think he's going to catch Ward. I'm also warey of this "he's not a big puncher stuff" that Froch keeps going on about. If it goes to points and Ward has danced around him, landed a boat load of punches but just not knocked him out then Froch is done for. The only way for Froch to win this is by KO I think.

I'm almost as excited about the Kell Brook fight..looks like a real prospect.