IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

dogsout

Had Usyk by three on my card, sadly had Usyk TKO 12 with my bookie. Another thirty seconds and it would have been a much whiter Christmas.

A different league entirely, technique-wise. I doubt he'll be that comfortable against Fury but it'll be really interesting to see how he approaches it.

2 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

That decision in the Hatton fight was simply 2 words, fucking wrong. 

Totally agree with that. Complete bullshit.

Like the British judge who only had it for Usyk by two rounds, I think.

Absolutely incredible performance. It's so impressive to think that Usyk has pretty much claimed all his titles on foreign soil. He's an all time great for me.

Odd game plan from AJ's team though. Why try and out box a technician like Usyk? AJ never really used his strength and size. Very few combos. Technically he can't compete with Usyk (Who can?), so it was odd to see him try.

There was a moment in the middle of the fight where it looked like it had clicked for AJ, and the feeling was that the fight could be his, but he just didn't get back into the rhythm in the next round and pretty much welcomed Usyk back in.

1 minute ago, Scratchy Bollock said:

Absolutely incredible performance. It's so impressive to think that Usyk has pretty much claimed all his titles on foreign soil. He's an all time great for me.

Odd game plan from AJ's team though. Why try and out box a technician like Usyk? AJ never really used his strength and size. Very few combos. Technically he can't compete with Usyk (Who can?), so it was odd to see him try.

I'm not sure he was allowed.  Usyk definitely had it too easy in the first four rounds or so, but maybe AJ couldn't do anything about it. Usyk was never going to stand and trade, but he was still aggressive and all I can immediately think is that Joshua's corner thought that Usyk couldn't take the power.  Thing is while Joshua hits hard, he's never shown he's got that one punch knockout power like Lennox Lewis or Deontay Wilder have.

Usyk was slowing down in the third quarter of the fight, was he just conserving energy for the championship rounds while AJ's corner thought he was spent? 

18 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Thing is while Joshua hits hard, he's never shown he's got that one punch knockout power like Lennox Lewis or Deontay Wilder have.

He has a devastating uppercut, and when he started throwing it briefly I thought he might land one with his free hand behind Usyk's head, just like Len used to get away with.

The pressure made him rigid, taking away his confidence to flow. He didn't need to let his hands go so much as settle into a nice, size-pressuring rhythm, and was either too tired by the time he realised, or knew he couldn't last the 12 with a busier workrate. I'll say this to his credit: he didn't resort to clinching. Very clean fight, considering. Fury won't have any worries making it dirty, should he and Usyk meet.

As for Usyk winning, I'm really happy. I hope Wilder wins now, and that Joyce gets the shot he deserves. AJ and Fury would've held their titles hostage for the next two years, and potentially — rematch pending — this opens that up a bit.

Finally the truth is out!!! Joshua just isn’t that good. He can only fight at his own pace, he has no engine, gasses at the drop of a hat and he’s got a glass chin. Which is why he didn’t let his hands go. If he had done he’d have gassed and been stretched out nice and straight  in no time! Total hype job!

He’s absolutely fucked now. Lol. No way of getting his belts back. Usyk will totally humiliate him in a rematch. Fury would absolutely demolish him and smash him to pieces within 5 rounds. Wilder would sleep him with one big shot. Best thing he could do is fake some kind of serious injury and never box again.......otherwise from here on, all the casuals will realise how much shite they’ve been fed and lapped up by a hyped up Cross-Fit trainer!

4 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Finally the truth is out!!! Joshua just isn’t that good. He can only fight at his own pace, he has no engine, gasses at the drop of a hat and he’s got a glass chin. Which is why he didn’t let his hands go. If he had done he’d have gassed and been stretched out nice and straight  in no time! Total hype job!

He’s absolutely fucked now. Lol. No way of getting his belts back. Usyk will totally humiliate him in a rematch. Fury would absolutely demolish him and smash him to pieces within 5 rounds. Wilder would sleep him with one big shot. Best thing he could do is fake some kind of serious injury and never box again.......otherwise from here on, all the casuals will realise how much shite they’ve been fed and lapped up by a hyped up Cross-Fit trainer!

I hope this is the booze talking for you. Otherwise you sound like a complete spanner.

What a great fight by Usyk. Over the moon for him as he seems an awesome guy outside the ring. 

1 minute ago, Orion said:

I hope this is the booze talking for you. Otherwise you sound like a complete spanner.

What a great fight by Usyk. Over the moon for him as he seems an awesome guy outside the ring. 

Nah, I don’t drink mate as I box myself and have done for about 30yrs. But yeah, keep chatting shit! Try watching any of Joshua fights and if you know anything about boxing you’ll clearly see all the above I’ve mentioned. Anyone who knows anything knew that Usyk was a shoe in for that fight. He’s leagues above Joshua and a true Elite level boxer and a true fighting man, not a money making hype job. He’s the real deal, an absolute monster in terms of out and out boxing skill, stamina and heart. His boxing IQ, punch accuracy and especially the way he can go up the gears late on, was always going to leave Joshua looking daft. All the “he should have let his hands go” talk is nonsense. He’d have been countered and he’d have gassed very quickly and been put on his arse. 

Like I say, Joshua is a hype job. He’s just really marketable and folk who know absolutely nothing about boxing think he’s well hard cause he’s got muscles! Lol. Anyway, he’s finished now and Eddie Hearn’s gravy train is finally over. :) 

Well your just a spanner then and sound like 15 year old hater on twitter.

I don't know what Joshua did to upset you so much but fact is he is an all time top 10 British Heavyweight based on what he has achieved in his career. This is'nt fucking Audley Harrison we are talking about. He was beaten by a better fighter tonight but was not humilated or anything against an "absolute monster".  If you honestly think he has a glass jaw, no gas tank and is just a total hype job, jesus christ.

I think if you put Joshua in the ring with Fury, who would have to be in the right frame of mind, it's over in three rounds. 

I think Wilder is going to get another hiding, and I'm not even sure there's any merit for Fury in fighting Joshua now.