IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

dogsout

The investigation has been launched too. Doubt it’ll come to much, and is no consolation to Caterall, who’s probably feeling low enough that he could parachute out of a snake’s arse.

2 hours ago, glb said:

The investigation has been launched too. Doubt it’ll come to much, and is no consolation to Caterall, who’s probably feeling low enough that he could parachute out of a snake’s arse.

Unfortunately it's really the British Boxing Board of Control that needs investigating. The BBBOC launching an investigation into poor scoring is a bit like The Conservatives launching an inquiry into whether they broke lockdown rules. And Robert Smith seems to launch an investigation every other week and nothing ever changes sadly.

They continuously protect their own and there is no accountability. The fact that Howard Foster and Ian John Lewis are still able to work when they have been shown to either be corrupt or incompetent time and time again says everything really. 

The entire governing body needs overhauling and the scoring system needs to be reworked.

Jake Paul (You read that correctly) actually had a pretty good suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Thor vs Hall tonight. Any interest in that?

I honestly forgot it was even happening and only just checked. I've taken Thor to win in the 4th, but have a feeling it's just going to be an absolute slog to watch.

45 minutes ago, smithstock said:

I honestly forgot it was even happening and only just checked. I've taken Thor to win in the 4th, but have a feeling it's just going to be an absolute slog to watch.

I will be watching. As it's free and you don't need to sign up or give details to the site. 

It's going to be terrible as a boxing match. It's a game of who gasses first. Although they genuinely hate each other more than I've seen two guys in a long time. Build up has been fiery. 

Just watched the Edwards Vs Waseem title fight. Those are stinging cuts for Waseem. 

IMG-20220319-WA0008.jpg

With Thor vs Hall I worry one of those roid heads is going to have a heart attack during it tbh.

I enjoy strong man and the pair of them seem likeable in interviews. This whole feud seems built on how thin skinned they are and daft tbh. Hopefully no one dies and they shake hands at the end.

1 hour ago, smithstock said:

On pure punching power alone it’s going to be interesting. At least for half of the first round. 

Well that went as expected. The man with some boxing experience beat the guy who looked like he hadn't even watched boxing before.

I don't know what Eddie's corner (or eddie) were thinking. He was atrocious. 

15 hours ago, IcEBuRN said:

https://www.segi.tv/thorvseddie

YES!

BTW, I don't believe either does roids, saying that is a really shitty statement based on nothing. They certainly do not have roid physiques, so cut that crap out please.

Otherwise, I AM HYPED FOR THIS!!!

This is incredibly naive. Thor was 400lb when competing in Strongman. They are absolutely juiced to the gills. Anyone even vaguely familiar with Strongman knows this. There are natural Strongman leagues and the difference in ability is night and day.

In the run up to this fight, Eddie suggested the following bets (which were taken):

- Loser gets winner’s name tattooed

- $10K with Larry Wheels that he would win

-Loser gives $200K to charity

All of which he’s suddenly forgotten about. :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fury vs Whyte tomorrow.   I'm oddly blasé about this one, Fury at his best probably beats anybody in the heavyweight division going back as far as Lennox Lewis (what a fight that would have been!) and the only way Whyte can win is if Fury doesn't turn up.   Not sure I believe the retirement talk from Fury, he's only 33 and he's certainly got enough in the tank (in theory) to meet and beat the winner of the Usyk - Joshua rematch.  

Having a barbecue and a few people over in the afternoon tomorrow so will probably end up getting the PPV (was considering going but took four hours to get home from Wembley last weekend so fuck that)

Agree Fury only loses if he can’t be arsed. Heavyweights always have a puncher’s chance, but having seen Fury get knocked into another dimension by Wilder yet still rise up like The Undertaker, don’t think Whyte has even that.

Don’t believe the retirement talk either. Tomorrow’s purse is almost £30m, if Joshua avenges the defeat to Usyk, then a bout with Fury could be near £50m. That’s a decent carrot to get back in the gym.

Its been a weird build up with Whyte seemingly not caring and doing barely any promotion. I think he will still make it a rough fight though especially early but Fury will dominate the second half and win a fair decision.

Funny reading that more sniffer dogs are being deployed at Wembley tonight. Probably need more dogs than Crufts to make any indent on the amount of gear being taken in. Sad really.

Got a few quid on Whyte getting the KO as gpt decent odds. He won't but you never know. Also stuck a fiver on Fury to within 6. 

There's absolutely no way it's going the distance. 

I genuinely can't see how he can win. Fury could turn up shitfaced and still win, but I will be wholeheartedly cheering for Whyte tonight. I'm sick and tired of that dodgy fridge on legs. I think it'll take a truck to knock Whyte out after finally getting his shot and he will just keep coming. If Fury takes the bait and it turns into a brawl? Who knows. Go on Dillian, make this your Rocky moment mate.

11 hours ago, Ry said:

Got a few quid on Whyte getting the KO as gpt decent odds. He won't but you never know. Also stuck a fiver on Fury to within 6.

Yeah, Whyte at 5.50 was enough to tempt a few quid out of me. I'd have priced him at 3.50 to Fury's 1.33, but then I'm not a bookie!