The Boxing Thread

dogsout

I really cannot stand Haye these days, pre-Harrison fight I was a big fan but he's become a total douche. I also dislike his whole "I'm doing this for the good of boxing" and his talk of Klitchkos not doing anything for the heavyweight division... this coming from the man who is planning to win this fight and then retire in October. Yeah, well done on putting the division straight there! Joke.

I know it's not exactly what boxing fans want to hear is it <_< even Khan was saying recently that he wants to retire at 27 or something.

I know a lot of people hate Mayweather.. but atleast he said recently that he might have 10 more fights in him and hes 34 now! Thats more like it! :hat:

Yep, hence the use of 'retired' in my post. The point is Mayweather has told everybody he was going to retire then told everybody he had retired on more than one occasion. You cant really use him as a shining example of somebody who David Haye should be looking at as an example. Also, if Haye beats Wlad tomorrow, then I think it is fairly certain he will fight Vitali before the year is out. If he also beats Vitali then what is there left for him to do? I dont think there is another big fight out there for Haye at heavyweight except for maybe a domestic bout against the winner of Chisora vs Fury.

They all say they are going to retire, but in the end it's usually BS or they get a big tax bill. Haye I'm not so sure about, he seems like he's adament about it. He would make a shit actor though.

I'm almost certain that Haye will win because I've never wanted someone to lose so much.

:lol:

I can't remember a fight where I've had so little an idea of how it's going to play out. I just can't see Haye trying to repeat the Valuev borefest. Then again, if he goes for it early I think Wlad is going to land something pretty easily. I'm also thinking Wlad might be able to take everything but a absolute beauty from David, Ruiz looked finished in the first minute but managed to last eight was it? I saw David being helped down from the ring after that fight too, he was utterly f*cked, even though it was one-way traffic - so I think he still has big stamina problems, lasted twelve rounds against Valuev but wasn't hit and only threw twelve punches a round(!).

My nerves are already shot!

Let's have some predictions, I will paypal a fiver for a drink to whoever gets closest, pick the exact KO time and if you pick points pick the scorecards!

my guess is Wlad, 2.00 into round 2. I'm not backing David, I'd just jinx him.

Come on, win a drink!

I can't remember a fight where I've had so little an idea of how it's going to play out. I just can't see Haye trying to repeat the Valuev borefest. Then again, if he goes for it early I think Wlad is going to land something pretty easily.

Wlad probably won't even throw a decent right hand for three rounds. I seriously doubt he will open up early, let alone bomb Haye out of there in round 2.

I'm thinking Klitschko wins this late, possibly having to get up off the canvas to do it.

Klitschko sits on his arse in the first round due to a flash knockdown followed by an 8 round borefest in which Klitschko jabs and rotates knocking Haye down twice in the process.

During these 8 rounds Haye is mostly on his bike because of the knockdowns, has an ineffectual half-arsed jab and only takes the odd big swing at Kiltschko to try and boost his confidence

Haye is knocked out in the eighth by a Klitschko surprise left hook

Klitschko smiles, Haye fires his trainer before the result is announced, Vitali jumps into the ring wearing a t-shirt with Haye's head on a spike.

I genuinely think that Klitschko will win, while I think the heavyweight division is totally dead at this point, he's nowhere near as bad as a lot of people seem to think. I think Haye will tire himself out on theatrics and running around in the first 5-6 rounds and then get painfully jabbed into submission.

I also think Haye's attitude and press in the run up to this has been utterly appalling, I almost want him to lose because of it.

I genuinely think that Klitschko will win, while I think the heavyweight division is totally dead at this point, he's nowhere near as bad as a lot of people seem to think. I think Haye will tire himself out on theatrics and running around in the first 5-6 rounds and then get painfully jabbed into submission.

I also think Haye's attitude and press in the run up to this has been utterly appalling, I almost want him to lose because of it.

I know, the latest comment about putting Klitschko in hospital is depressing.

I'm on Virgin Media. We have two boxes in the household. If you buy a live event PPV do both boxes receive it?

I've often wondered about this. I hope so.

Just purchased it on my box upstairs and it appears on the box downstairs as purchased as well. Yay!

If my game of Fightnight Champion is anything to go by Klitschko (me) knocks the fucking head off Haye with a devesting series of one two counter punching. KO 30 seconds from the end of the second round. Crushing right straight does it. Followed by three more.

But for an actual attempt at a prediction...I'd say Klitschko by TKO halfway through the 8th.

I can't remember a fight where I've had so little an idea of how it's going to play out. I just can't see Haye trying to repeat the Valuev borefest. Then again, if he goes for it early I think Wlad is going to land something pretty easily. I'm also thinking Wlad might be able to take everything but a absolute beauty from David, Ruiz looked finished in the first minute but managed to last eight was it? I saw David being helped down from the ring after that fight too, he was utterly f*cked, even though it was one-way traffic - so I think he still has big stamina problems, lasted twelve rounds against Valuev but wasn't hit and only threw twelve punches a round(!).

Let's have some predictions, I will paypal a fiver for a drink to whoever gets closest, pick the exact KO time and if you pick points pick the scorecards!

Come on, win a drink!

I know next to nothing about boxing, but won't pass up the opportunity to win a free pint. :)

Haye to win - KO early in the 5th.

Feel free to laugh at me. :rolleyes:

Come on, win a drink!

I also know very little about boxing, but I'm going to say Klitschko in the 10th round 2:42 by TKO.

Wlad by TKO/towel in the 11th round, 1 minute remaining. That's my attempt at a free drink.

The whole nation is going barmy for this fight it seems. Friend just said all the bars in Brighton are ticketing for the fight and that it's hard to get one now. Random market stall holders are asking punters if they're watching the fight tonight. It's like a world cup match or something with the amount of interest from casual fans.

Wlad by TKO/towel in the 11th round, 1 minute remaining. That's my attempt at a free drink.

The whole nation is going barmy for this fight it seems. Friend just said all the bars in Brighton are ticketing for the fight and that it's hard to get one now. Random market stall holders are asking punters if they're watching the fight tonight. It's like a world cup match or something with the amount of interest from casual fans.

It's great that boxing is capturing the country's imagination again. Trouble is, whenever that happens it ends up being either a bore or a one round blowout, both being very possible tonight!

Would love to watch this on a big screen open air somewhere.

Cheers for the predictions everyone. I will raise the stakes to TEN POUNDS STERLING. Two pints in London! Remember to be exact so as to be the closest. I've had thirty quid on Klitschko between 7 and 9. Hope I lose, despite the gob I'm rooting for the South London Masseeeeve.

For Haye to have a chance he'll need one of two things: for Wlad to be scared (Bruno-Tyson II), or to have amazing foot speed. Never mind power and hand speed, Wlad has enough of a height advantage to widen his stance and block Haye with his lead leg; it's what he does. They're both chinny, but it's much easier for Wlad to guard himself. I'd be Haye all the way if Wlad was a stone lighter, shorter and had three inches taken off each arm.

Haye does punch hard, but it's a shocking, plyometric power - the kind that stuns and knocks heavies over, but doesn't have the natural weight behind it to spark them. He has the physique of a bodybuilder, because that's what he is - taking advantage of a weak HW division. Except the Klitschkos are half-decent. And huge. Wlad's punches may be slower, but he's heavy-handed. I think Wlad could recover from a Haye knockdown, but not vice versa.

I see Wlad winning inside three rounds. What I hope happens is that K catches Haye with an unclean knockdown shot, and Haye gets back up in Nigel Benn mode. Haye's best bet is to be absolutely aggressive, but that's too much of an all-in strat from the opening bell. He'd need to smell fear.

That is a great analysis mate. A bit of Benn versus Barkley might be happening tonight hopefully. Give us an exact prediction for your two free London drinks.

I'm going for haye in the sixth. Wlad has a real mental problem dealing with people coming at him. Put simply he's unsure of what to do. If haye can get some good solid attacks on him then Wlad wil mentally unravel. Also he can be put down so he doesn't have the strongest chin ever. I think haye will be too fast and evasive.