The Boxing Thread

dogsout

Utter bollocks. God knows what Haye was thinking of. Bloody hate boxers who talk big, but then utterly blow in the ring.

Abysmal boxing, and a thoroughly disappointing fight - pity the silly sods who paid to watch it though.

What a load of rubbish. What was Hayes plan again? To be the first HW to win without throwing a punch?

He threw enough punches (over the whole fight, anyway). It's whether he connects or not - WK's jab was constantly connecting. Haye was out of control.

Good fight and right decision. Haye was trying his best to land the big'un but he always seemed wayward and unbalaced when he attempted it. He kept going to ground too easy aswell.

He took the guy 12 rounds which was probably the only positive and not many fighters have done that!

I don't think Haye could do much. Kiltschko was bigger, had that huge reach and his left jab could keep Haye away. Hayes only plan was to land big bombs with his right and there was no way he could get within range on a regular basis.

In a heavyweight division full of massive boxers, Haye is just too damned small.

HBO interviewer sounds like hes been smoking weed for a week. Amazing.

David....well.....how....did you.....rate.....your..........performance.

Also, ooh me toe! look at my toe! (points at toe).

Awful man.

Cheers for the predictions everyone. I will raise the stakes to TEN POUNDS STERLING. Two pints in London! Remember to be exact so as to be the closest. I've had thirty quid on Klitschko between 7 and 9. Hope I lose, despite the gob I'm rooting for the South London Masseeeeve.

Klitschko, Decision, Wide.

Give the tenner to a charity of your choice Wistful.

He threw enough punches (over the whole fight, anyway). It's whether he connects or not - WK's jab was constantly connecting. Haye was out of control.

Yeah, I do understand that aspect. I don't really think he didn't throw a punch.

Wlad's been great in the build up, very entertaining and controlled the fight easily. Part of me's a bit disappointed for Haye but I think Jr. Klitschko will rightly get a bit more respect after tonight.

wlad.jpg

And a broken little toe really can't effect you pushing off that much can it?

Feel a bit sorry for all those people shelling out for pay per view of the 'best fight of the year' when Haye knew he wasn't in good condition the whole time. Still, he got paid the dollars so it's all good I guess.

Wlad's been great in the build up, very entertaining and controlled the fight easily. Part of me's a bit disappointed for Haye but I think Jr. Klitschko will rightly get a bit more respect after tonight.

wlad.jpg

And a broken little toe really can't effect you pushing off that much can it?

Being punched in the head and trying to plant your face in your opponent's crotch doesn't help much either.