The Handmaids Tale - Season 2 Hulu/Sunday Night C4

Harsin

I've binged this for the last 3 weeks from season 1 upto episode 4, season 4.  It's consistently great and dark as fuck.

.....I just hit your spoiler @Broker not realising it had been on another channel other than channel 4 😭

1 hour ago, Broker said:

I’m so sorry :( 

I’ve edited it to avoid anyone else making the same mistake. 

My mistake.  I've been watching merrily much on Amazon and went straight to Channel 4 (fucking adverts!) not even thinking.  Ah well, I'll enjoy seeing that anyhow!

• 3 weeks later...

Up to date with this on Channel 4 now and it's finally giving us some payoff.

Spoiler

I thought we were going to be in for a long stretch with June joining the Nighthawks but seeing her pulled out of Gilead and having Serena begging at her feet within a couple of episodes was an unexpected treat.

10 hours ago, Barnard said:

Moss made me think of this stare a few times in season 3. 

Dramatic-Staredown-In-The-Nintendo-64-Classic-Conkers-Bad-Fur-Day.gif

If every time she stares into/just off camera during all four seasons were edited together it would probably last for about 10 hours. I swear she's trying to slowly stare us all into Scientology.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/06/2021 at 12:24, Broker said:

I thought this season was pretty good, better than the last one certainly, less repetitive and more interesting, exploring the themes of the show from a different angle and with a really satisfying resolution. 

Nope, not even close. It’s quite funny watching people who aren’t actually watching the show complain about what it used to be like when this season completely changed the whole show. 

For anyone who is curious about the post this was replying to but can’t be arsed to actually watch it (US BROADCAST SPOILERS):

Reveal hidden contents

June gas left Gilead and is a Canadian citizen now. In the last episode she managed to get Fred alone in the woods and her and a bunch of other escapees from Canada including Emily beat him to death. 

Just seen the last episode. Both brutal and a bit daft how it got to that situation.

The ending was

Spoiler

a bit on the nose ("I'm a man! I have rights!") and I think it would've been more satisfying to see Fred tried and killed by his own regime. I still liked the dawning horror after "You're not going to Geneva".

The most puzzling aspect was Joseph's heel turn, restoring his previous power when he was previously troubled by the actual reality of Gilead once it had come to pass. In one series he's helping handmaids escape, in this he's content to throw Janine to the wolves and order airstrikes on areas he knew June was occupying.