IGNORED

The Witcher - new TV series based on the books (not the games) coming from Netflix!

Doctor Shark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watched the first episode of S2 and thought it was absolutely fantastic. 

Spoiler

They pitched the Bruxa thing just right, I thought. The idea of her attempting to reduce her cravings is really interesting and I can’t remember any other Witcher tales which have explored the “humanity” of monsters before. (I haven’t read any books)  

Half way through the series and that first episode was still the strongest

Spoiler

Lots of people keep asking Ciri if she's "ready" for things to the point that it gets almost absurd at times. It's still very compulsive viewing though, but I can already tell it's not going to end satisfactorily as it was clearly made with a third season in mind.

27 minutes ago, Benny said:

Half way through the series and that first episode was still the strongest

Reveal hidden contents

Lots of people keep asking Ciri if she's "ready" for things to the point that it gets almost absurd at times. It's still very compulsive viewing though, but I can already tell it's not going to end satisfactorily as it was clearly made with a third season in mind.

Think I prefer the standalone format, myself. No flab in that short story style, whereas the straight progression has a lot of flab.

Encouraging that ep 1 was written by Declan deBarra, who is showrunner on Blood Origin though.

Well that was pretty awesome all in all. Hope the last season finishes it off in style.

It could have done without the trailer for a spin off show immediately before the last credits with that awful music to cap it off though. Way to ruin the vibe, Netflix.

37 minutes ago, Benny said:

Well I hope so given the penchant Netflix has for straight up cancelling things before they've had a good run. At two seasons Witcher is already in danger zone territory.

Or is Henry Cavill lining himself up for 007? I would like a gamer PC building Bond but I'd rather see him continue as Geralt. He was born to play the role.