IGNORED

The Witcher - new TV series based on the books (not the games) coming from Netflix!

Doctor Shark

2 hours ago, scottcr said:

One last thing…

im assuming I’m the only person watching this now…. Interesting Wild Hunt observations.

Hide contents

It looked as though the deathless mother possessed Eredin.

also interesting that they aren’t even pretending that the Wild Hunt are anything other than humanoids from another plane. Gets all that out the way quickly.

I though it was more that

Spoiler

She was always a member of the Wild Hunt?

3 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Hide contents

I've read...

Spoiler

... that would make her an elf though?

theories that she is the crone's mother - and with the crones working with Eredin that may make a bit of sense.

5 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Reveal hidden contents

it's actually answered on Netflix.com

Spoiler

The Deathless Mother is just one of seven members of the Wild Hunt, a fearsome group of incorporeal riders from another sphere that bring doom wherever they go. Now that she has been reunited with her fellows, their full power will pose a threat to everyone on the Continent.

On 06/01/2022 at 19:11, scottcr said:

I'd pay good money for a Blood and Wine film.

Likewise, although Hearts of Stone has the stronger plot.

Man I'd love to see a well-cast Gaunter O'Dimm. That to me is a clear case of a videogame designing a look for a character that is nigh-on perfect, and the voice actor, Alex Norton really nailed it in performance. Amazing stuff from the Scot.

Edit: I've just gone to check who did Shani's voice and it was Susannah Fielding from This Time With Alan Partridge where she's great. Just cast her.

I think this thread needs a "no game chat" rule just like the "no book chat" threads. Otherwise openly discussing certain characters from the games might well spoil them in the series for a lot of people unfamiliar with them if/when they're introduced.

35 minutes ago, Benny said:

I think this thread needs a "no game chat" rule just like the "no book chat" threads. Otherwise openly discussing certain characters from the games might well spoil them in the series for a lot of people unfamiliar with them if/when they're introduced.

If they hadn't

Spoiler

killed off Eskel

already you'd probably have a point. At this stage what's going to happen is anyone's guess.

I was mostly responding to scottcr's post to be honest. A bit more info than you really need if that character is introduced in future, so best leave out the game chat.

apologies - I figured being a games forum and this being full of witcher fans, it was highly likely that folks would be pretty knowledgable about the games.

on my deathless mother thing though, yeah - she's obviously

Spoiler

just and indivudal in the hunt herself 

so it's very different