IGNORED

The Witcher - new TV series based on the books (not the games) coming from Netflix!

Doctor Shark

Started reading Last Wish last night.. can understand why so many people love the series.  Was worried the first book would be inclredibly clunky after hearing reviews of a dodgy translation but its perfectly fine. I was hooked! Already 100 pages in and couldn't stop reading :lol:

27 minutes ago, Gotters said:

The Guardian review is from the same idiot that slagged off Chernobyl episode 1, before the paper was forced to retract and let other people write their content on it.

Just read it, probably the most cringe-worthy piece of writing I've read this month (and I've been reading the Star Wars reviews).

4 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Started reading Last Wish last night.. can understand why so many people love the series.  Was worried the first book would be inclredibly clunky after hearing reviews of a dodgy translation but its perfectly fine. I was hooked! Already 100 pages in and couldn't stop reading :lol:

It would really be interesting to hear your take on the series since you are reading the books :sherlock:

Just started watching episode one and I'm about half way through.....I don't hate it but I don't love it either. The Witcher is supposed to be inherently Slavic with its lore and landscape, but the tv series is not. In fact its more indistinguishable than anything else. 

Perhaps I'm being unfair here?

Spoiler

Just reached the first scene with scrotum armor, someone needs to be fired

5 hours ago, Ravern said:

Watched the first three episodes, of which the first is probably the weakest and the second the strongest. Good fun with an overall shape to the series and each episode that is promising. Doctor Who format in a Game of Thronesish world.

Yeah, agree, second episode was a lot better than the first one.

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

It's got some very uneasy modern feeling vibes at times, especially Dandelion.

I really like Dandelion in this, glad he's not doing any narrating though. 

What has surprised me is how much of this is a straight up adaption of The Last Wish.