IGNORED

Resident Evil - Welcome To Raccoon City - November 2021

Goose

With the final chapter out the way ($300M worldwide, including $150M+ from China), Constantin films have already begun work on rebooting the entire series. 

No names or dates but Den of Geek state that Paul W.S Anderson won't be involved this time around (due to working on the Monster Hunter movie)

Surely time for a Resident Evil cinematic universe? 

Given the over-saturation of zombies in general the time in which a decent Resident Evil film could be made has long passed. 

Saying that, this shit inexplicably makes billions so they've got to keep milking that shit for all it's worth.

Perhaps Christopher Nolan will take it.

I love how they say Anderson won't be on it as he's busy, like they were actually considering him directing the reboot too? Would they also have Milla Jovovich as the lead if she wasn't busy? 

I think Alfonso Cuarón would be a great choice as he could put together a truly visceral cinematic experience that recreates the sheer panic of headlong flight from ravenous zombies from a really poor camera angle with very basic tank controls. Also, the film will feature the 100% game accurate recreation of the storied history of Albert Wesker and Chrriiiiiiiiiiis that all true fans want to see from a new adaptation.

51 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Perhaps Christopher Nolan will take it.

I love how they say Anderson won't be on it as he's busy, like they were actually considering him directing the reboot too? Would they also have Milla Jovovich as the lead if she wasn't busy? 

They might be poop but they bring in the money which is all that matters.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

They might be poop but they bring in the money which is all that matters.

but with the same director and main cast? I don't think that ever been done in the history of film? Because it would be insane.

• 3 years later...

It's still happening! Back to the origin story. Set in 1998. Johannes Roberts writing and directing.

Some familiar names in the cast

Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield

Hannah John-Kamen as Jill Valentine

Robbie Amell as Chris Redfield

Tom Hopper as Albert Wesker

Avan Jogia as Leon S. Kennedy

Neal McDonough as William Birkin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Terrible name.

On 22/03/2021 at 18:13, Doctor Shark said:

I can’t see how it can adequately cover both 1 and 2 in a single movie without compromising one or both. 

I thought this too, but I guess you could use the plot of 2 with Claire as the protagonist and have her looking for Chris, then cover the events from the mansion in flashbacks as she uncovers that mystery? 

Just now, Broker said:

Terrible name.

I thought this too, but I guess you could use the plot of 2 with Claire as the protagonist and have her looking for Chris, then cover the events from the mansion in flashbacks as she uncovers that mystery? 

Oh there's definitely ways they could frame it, but both 1 and 2 are great stories in their own right which will only be done a disservice by trying to cram them both together into one 2 hour movie. So much will have to be lost from both.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Oh there's definitely ways they could frame it, but both 1 and 2 are great stories in their own right which will only be done a disservice by trying to cram them both together into one 2 hour movie. So much will have to be lost from both.

Yeah I can’t get away from thinking that. They’re also so different. 1 would be ideally suited to a creepier, slower horror movie whereas 2 would make an excellent 28 Days Later style action horror. The tension in the first one should come from the terror of the unknown, where in 2 it should be the overwhelming nature of the sheer quantity of zombies. 

4 hours ago, Broker said:

Yeah I can’t get away from thinking that. They’re also so different. 1 would be ideally suited to a creepier, slower horror movie whereas 2 would make an excellent 28 Days Later style action horror. The tension in the first one should come from the terror of the unknown, where in 2 it should be the overwhelming nature of the sheer quantity of zombies. 

So Alien and Aliens, then? :D

6 hours ago, Fitzcarraldo said:

Say what you want about the rest of them, but I simply can't trust anyone who dislikes Retribution, which is a brilliant action film.

I watched them all again recently and I still can't remember which is which after the second movie.