IGNORED

Resident Evil - Welcome To Raccoon City - November 2021

Goose

• 6 months later...

The Resident Evil movie series is a masterpiece, so it'll be hard for this to match it honestly.

Funny seeing Neil Mcdonaugh in this. He loves a good game adaptation, having already played an army guy in Sonic The Hedgehog and M Bison in Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li.

They really are clueless aren't they?

If I were in charge I would have had be about the original cast of the first game and have it play out more as a spoof documentary about the making of the original game that opens with them shooting that iconic live action intro scene but in true Dark Place fashion it's revealed that there was actually a canned tv show made using the same actors soon after the development of the first game. 

That's the only way to make a good resident evil film/tv show for current times.

5 minutes ago, Mogster said:

That's one terrible trailer for a terrible looking film. I'll probably watch it anyway. :D

My expectations are low, the Netflix animation was crap as well. But yeah I'm going to watch it and then be a keyboard warrior afterwards.

On 08/10/2021 at 12:54, yakumo said:

Russian Trailer is better, Putin must like RE a lot. Plus can't help but think of this film being very similar to REC in places.

I just came to post that. It is a better trailer, but that's like saying a normal shit is better than diarrhoea. It's still shit, at the end of the day. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Missed this at the cinema. Is there a release date for rental on streaming services ?

There's no date yet and Sony haven't really had a consistent window in the pandemic like some others have, so there's not even a reliable guess.

I actually really enjoyed this movie. It seems like one of those movies made for the YouTubers "25 Easter Eggs you missed!!!! OMG!" videos.

The post credits scene made me laugh out loud. And the portrayal of Leon Kennedy as a complete fucking idiot is how I want that character portrayed forever.

im the oposite i thought this was dreadful, still trying to decide if the one of the worst movies ive seen a while or if this is one of the greatest so bad its an amazing comedys instead.   

To me it seemed like they took all of the cut scenes from the first two games remade them in a shot for shot way and then tried to string a story bewteen each one.  By cramming the first two games into one movie everything felt rushed without really giving any time in one setting (esp with a 1 hour 40 min run time).  (though some of the sets in places looked straight out of the games which was a cool to see but again they were quick flashes on screen so you never really got to appreciate them ie the front desk area of RCPD station with its statue etc... ) 

There was no real sense of huge zombie outbreak as at the most you saw maybe 2 - 4 zombies together at once on screen, in fact you never really get  any scale at all its like racoon city has no one living in it its the most void of places.  There is a blurb at the start about how umbrella has been pulling out so only a skeleton staff and those to poor to leave are still there, but still if you are doing RE2 then you need the full on scale that even the game was able to portray in the opening sections (and  later explanded in RE3) 

Acting wise it ranges from passable to they are cleary just reading the lines of a que card infront of them woodeness. (chief of police irons aka Donal Logue is obviously doing this just for the pay check as he is one of the worst offenders).  And the cgi is just terrible, for a movie set in the late 90's the CGI in bits looks like its from the late 90's (or maybe they are trying to be smart and be retro as the movie is set in the 90's as they drop 90's references every couple of mins just incase you forgot its set in the 90's)

Its a real pitty as i wasnt expecting a masterpiece, but the trailers at least looked like it would be a cheesy fun movie to watch.

from the trailer I was expecting trash, like the fun kind tho!  it was ...not! It was ...good!? well i liked it! it was like an amalgamation of the first 2/3 games, stuck together!  an actual resident evil movie!  and...a great zombie movie!

Thought I'd posted this in here, but obviously not 

Anywa, a film that plays lip services to the fans but also fails to do enough. This left me feeling very frustrated with many of its decisions, mainly the choice to cram Resi 1 and 2 (whilst simultaneously wiping out Resi 3 from the storyline) into a 1:40hr film.

Spoiler

They spent time on a made up back story for Claire & Chris, time on Lisa Trevor (a character no one really cares about) but missed out Mr X. How can you have Leon & Claire in the police station, as well as the set up of Ben locked in the cell, yet not give us Mr X? Also changing Anettte to just a housewife who barely gets anything to say or do just reduced her character to nothing, which is quite frankly bullshit.

Everything about this felt cheap, especially the CGI. When you only get 1 Licker and a 1 minute scene of Tyrant Birkin (where both look terrible), yet loads of human zombies, you know the budget wasn't there.

The actors did well in the roles though, so that's something, I guess...