Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

HarMGM

Turns out that wishing for a new Mario RPG is less succesfull when you try using the monkey's paw.

EDIT: Right then, editing this because it looks a whole lot better then anticipated. Grant Kirkhope is composing for the game.

10 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Turtle shelves.

A distressed princess?

So cliche!

43 minutes ago, HarMGM said:

Turns out that wishing for a new Mario RPG is less succesfull when you try using the monkey's paw.

1v2uxo.jpg

Zones! Secretly a Sonic game! :omg:

According to the Neogaf thread, people familiar with the game have been drawing comparisons to X-Com. Which has to be a bit promising, right?

I've literally never even played a Rabbids game before but I think this could potentially be quite fun as a kind of anarchic take on the mushroom kingdom and the Mario franchise in general. I need to see more but I don't think the idea of a tongue in cheek, Mario-based strategy game is a bad one. 

As a father of two children, the youngest of which has only just learnt to recognise Mario and has added his name to her earliest vocabulary amongst words like 'dog' and 'cat', I want to be really angry at whichever prick signed off on the idea of sticking a fucking gun in his hand. But then I remember I own Smash Bros for the Wii U, a game which features the Italian Stallion punching the living daylights out of children and animals, so perhaps he's never been the figurehead of non-violent gaming I thought he was. Still, this is definitely a mistake, and it looks awful.

I'll wait until we have more details, I think Nintendo have earned the benefit of the doubt. It's more likely to be good than bad coming from them. Could certainly go either way. Folks calling it awful and disgusting at this point are going a little OTT IMO. But then, It's Nintendo - for some reason only extreme reactions seem to apply.

16 minutes ago, rgraves said:

I'll wait until we have more details, I think Nintendo have earned the benefit of the doubt. It's more likely to be good than bad coming from them. Could certainly go either way. Folks calling it awful and disgusting at this point are going a little OTT IMO. But then, It's Nintendo - for some reason only extreme reactions seem to apply.

But it's coming from Ubi, not Nintendo 

It's an odd choice to cross Mario with the Rabbids. BUT ubisoft have always had a special partnership with Nintendo and I expect that maybe we will be expecting more games from them due to this.

I'm pretty sure the game will turn out pretty good. The amount of backlash Mario 3d world got when it was revealed was crazy and well, that turned out pretty great. (although yes that didn't have anything to do with ubisoft)

Allowing them to cross over with the rabbids is probably the only way Nintendo was going to get an exclusive game off Ubisoft.

I think people are doing a bit much with this. Whatever you think of Ubisoft, they do put out a lot of good games. They're hardly some kind of shovelware developer, which you'd be mistaken for thinking after reading the reactions. Some people from Nintendo are no doubt hovering behind and supervising them in some capacity. And those slides have clearly been quickly cobbled together for internal use only.

I'd much rather have a fresh take on things than yet another stale Paper Mario RPG, which have been getting progressively worse over the years anyway.