IGNORED

E3 2017: Nintendo - Wrap Up

Robo_1

Conference Review  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Classic Nintendo

Switch

Switch 

Switch

Switch 

Oh, Metroid for 3DS

For either Switch or 3DS though its a pretty sparse lineup. If you like your gaming you HAVE to buy another console to get your kicks

Did they announce that Mario is a playable character in every game yet?

30 minutes ago, simms said:

Ermm what about 2D Metroid for Switch.  I'm not buying a 3ds for it

Did folks complain like this back in the day?

Ermmm why no Metroid NES sequel. I'm not buying a Game Boy for it.

1 minute ago, tnman said:

No of course not. No way Metroid can run on a 3DS without a 4MB RAM Pak and a motion attachment though. 

If you love Nintendo, you have to love their hardware options. I don't have a Switch or know too much about it, but it wouldn't surprise me if the TV output cable was HDMI at one end and proprietary Nintendo on the other

2 minutes ago, englishbob said:

No of course not. No way Metroid can run on a 3DS without a 4MB RAM Pak and a motion attachment though. 

If you love Nintendo, you have to love their hardware options. I don't have a Switch or know too much about it, but it wouldn't surprise me if the TV output cable was HDMI at one end and proprietary Nintendo on the other

I'm sorry I have no idea what point you've just made. But for what it's worth it's a normal HDMI cable.

5 minutes ago, tnman said:

That is the issue.  This is 2017 not back in the day.  It's generally an expectation nowadays that software works across different hardware made by the same manufacturer.  ALas my complaint means nothing I just have to miss out.

Just now, simms said:

That is the issue.  This is 2017 not back in the day.  It's generally an expectation nowadays that software works across different hardware made by the same manufacturer.  ALas my complaint means nothing I just have to miss out.

Who else is capable of that? Within gaming circles.

4 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Who else is capable of that? Within gaming circles.

Feels a bit like if MS or Sony put a remake of one if their flagship games on a last gen machine which did it work on a current gen machine.  Sony and MS software works across all currently sold hardware.  It's just seems backwards to me but I'm not going to cry about it I'll just have to by a 3ds if I want metroid.  I'm not a massive Metroid fan anyway.

6 minutes ago, simms said:

Is it? PS4 Remote Play can be tricksy and for the other way around you need to buy a PSTV thingy which doesn't do 100% support. Sony don't do backwards compat. Nobody really moans about this situation generally either.

MS have just got into doing cross play and have been pushing backwards compat but again not with 100%, and if you want to play your stuff on PC you'll be forking out quite a lot for an appropriately powerful Surface. It's definitely a boon, but again I don't think anyone really got pissed off before this was a thing? Just that it was a marketing advantage for MS when they introduced it all.

Nintendo did away with backwards compat for Switch on necessity issues and the 3DS is compatible with DS stuff. But I don't think anyone ever expects to play 3DS on Switch or vice versa?

2 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Fuck me, there are some oddballs on this forum. STOP COMPLAINING THAT NINTENDO DIDN'T DO SOMETHING NOBODY ELSE DOES!

We just got confirmation that Metroid Prime 4 is on its way, and despite having so solid information this is exceptional news. An image of Kratos or Master Chief was enough to have some people performing cartwheels not particularly long ago.

You should have chosen Scalebound, Agent, Shenmue 3, FFVII...

35 minutes ago, simms said:

You mean like when all the late-gen PS3 and PSVita games also got released on the PS4? Oh...

9 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Fuck me, there are some oddballs on this forum. STOP COMPLAINING THAT NINTENDO DIDN'T DO SOMETHING NOBODY ELSE DOES!

We just got confirmation that Metroid Prime 4 is on its way, and despite having so solid information this is exceptional news. An image of Kratos or Master Chief was enough to have some people performing cartwheels not particularly long ago. Personally, I'd rather have nothing instead of "target renders" or "outright bullshit" that we've seen from other conferences in the past.

And complaining that the 2D Metroid is on the 3DS instead of the Switch? Fuck off. I really enjoyed Freedom Wars on the Vita, but when I tried to play it on my PS4 the card wouldn't fit anywhere. Similarly with TxK, I'm still looking for a way to play that on a big screen. 

How the hell do you people get through a day with this determination to suck all the joy out of anything before it even happens?

Lol Why so angry. Sorry but I reserve the right to have an opinion on this thread and not 'fuck off'.  I'm constantly championing the Switch and I did concede that I'd go without playing 3ds Metroid as I'd be buying a 3ds for one game.  I don't have a 3ds as the Switch is my first Nintendo machine is ages and I love it.  We are always going to compare what manufacturers do against each other.

25 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

We just got confirmation that Metroid Prime 4 is on its way, and despite having so solid information this is exceptional news. An image of Kratos or Master Chief was enough to have some people performing cartwheels not particularly long ago. Personally, I'd rather have nothing instead of "target renders" or "outright bullshit" that we've seen from other conferences in the past.

And complaining that the 2D Metroid is on the 3DS instead of the Switch? Fuck off. I really enjoyed Freedom Wars on the Vita, but when I tried to play it on my PS4 the card wouldn't fit anywhere. Similarly with TxK, I'm still looking for a way to play that on a big screen. 

How the hell do you people get through a day with this determination to suck all the joy out of anything before it even happens?

I can't pos this enough. The rllmuk hive-mind seems to be particularly fucking vile and entitled this E3. 

46 minutes ago, simms said:

Feels a bit like if MS or Sony put a remake of one if their flagship games on a last gen machine which did it work on a current gen machine.  Sony and MS software works across all currently sold hardware.  It's just seems backwards to me but I'm not going to cry about it I'll just have to by a 3ds if I want metroid.  I'm not a massive Metroid fan anyway.

Sorry, was leading the witness, I knew the answer. Sony's two machines are the same thing, PS4s. I'm not sure if they still make the Vita, but if they do then Sony definitely don't have "across all currently sold hardware". The only ones doing this properly (and not fully, but it's a good stab) is Microsoft with the BC thing.

It's 2017 but I don't think it's a fair shout to say dedicated gaming machines are doing the cross-machine play, not as a matter of course.

15 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I can't pos this enough. The rllmuk hive-mind seems to be particularly fucking vile and entitled this E3. 

Jesus I don't think anyone has been vile.  Get a grip.

8 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Sorry, was leading the witness, I knew the answer. Sony's two machines are the same thing, PS4s. I'm not sure if they still make the Vita, but if they do then Sony definitely don't have "across all currently sold hardware". The only ones doing this properly (and not fully, but it's a good stab) is Microsoft with the BC thing.

It's 2017 but I don't think it's a fair shout to say dedicated gaming machines are doing the cross-machine play, not as a matter of course.

indeed mate.  Going forward it's looks like thats were things are heading with MS leading the way with the Xbox 'family'.  don't want to take this off topic.  Sorry for the disruption to the thread folks.