E3 2017: Sony - Wrap Up

Conference Review  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Weird, thought that would be a dead cert. Oh well. I don't think it's worth editing it, it's just supposed to be a starting place for discussion, so as long as it's addressed here, people will know what's up.

10 minutes ago, Illyria said:

I thought they weren't gonna show any Death Stranding this E3?

10 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Kojima already confirmed Death Stranding won't be there. Check the thread.

This is Kojima we're talking about here. :P

I still fully expect it to show up somewhere at E3 in some form or another. 

• Upvote 1

The main E3 '16 games I'd been looking forward to have been released and finished (Nier and Persona) so I have to find new stuff to look forward to :D Maybe we'll get another FFXII trailer as that game's coming out in summer; otherwise I'd enjoy anything to do with new Bloodborne, new Destiny or any continued support for PSVR. :) 

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

For me it's all about Spider-Man! :omg:

As a bonus I would love to see the heavily rumoured Tenchu reboot by From Software :) Prepare to hide :D

Haven't heard those rumors. :)
Seems they're rebooting Armored Core. That and they're working on something leftfield and a new IP in the vein of Souls. 
From is eaily one of the most interesting developers in the world for me and if there's one thing I want to see this E3 (besides Cyberpunk, which isn't going to happen anyway), it's a new title from Miyazaki. I just hope they're far enough in development to reveal something. Anything. Whatever they make, I'm there day one.

I don't expect The Last of Us 2. That game is early in development, a PSX gameplay reveal later this year (along with the first gameplay of Death Stranding) makes more sense. This is Uncharted's moment, considering that game is out in August.

Hoping for a DMC 5 reveal here and Matterfall gameplay.

But yeah, God of War is their centerpiece game. That thing is gonna be big...

• Upvote 1

For E3 this year its Microsoft's to lose. Either Scorpio will be overpriced by £100-150 more than the PS4 Pro, or there are just no games at all for it, or both. 

I'm not expecting massive things for Sony this year, other than horrid PSVR bolt-ons to games until everyone gets fed up with them.

21 hours ago, englishbob said:

For E3 this year its Microsoft's to lose. Either Scorpio will be overpriced by £100-150 more than the PS4 Pro, or there are just no games at all for it, or both. 

I'm not expecting massive things for Sony this year, other than horrid PSVR bolt-ons to games until everyone gets fed up with them.

Don't suppose you happen to know Friday's Euromillions numbers, too, by any chance? 

• Upvote 3
20 hours ago, KriessG said:

The rumoured price of the Scorpio is £400 I thought I read, so I imagine they may keep doing these Pro bundles for around £350 and / or lower the price to £300 on its own.

Scorpio is £449 in the U.K.

will soon have mass price drops when Microsoft realise its games people want and they can't rival Sony for exclusives.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Avuncular said:

According to PlayStation UK on Facebook it's 1am BST.

4 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Oooh please let this be the case. 

1am will be the pre-show coverage. The conference starts at 6:00pm PDT, 2:00am BST as it usually does.

10 minutes ago, Avuncular said:

According to PlayStation UK on Facebook it's 1am BST.

Seems to be some disagreement, Eurogamer are claiming 2 AM, IGN saying 1AM, happy to let Sony's Facebook page be considered correct though.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I don't work well when people talk about today and tomorrow in the small hours of the morning. Is this overnight tonight, or overnight tomorrow?

2am Tuesday, e.g. about 11 hours from now.