Dragon Ball FighterZ (3v3, Guilty Gear Devs)

Retroid

I was on a few times last weekend after you asked! But it's tough to find ring matches if you're playing GT Sport instead, to be fair ;)

Ring matches seem to be the most broken thing of all at the moment though. I wonder how many of those early purchasers had their enthusiasm immediately cooled by how frustrating it is to do super advanced stuff like, erm, play with someone on your friends list.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally looking into story mode to see if you get anything good from them... and to refamiliarise myself through tutorials. ;) 

Dumb question, but does anyone know if the story mode's battle skills (gems) stack? Could you have two of the same type and enjoy the combined benefits, or do they get cancelled out?

Ah, that makes sense. :)

There's a patch out; v.1.04:

Added Party Match
Expanded Replay Channel function
Added Followed Player Channel
Added Search Channel
Updated replay data version
Replays saved from older versions can no longer be played
Improved Arcade Mode
Players can now choose where to go next at the Results screen after completing a course
Added “Return to Character Selection”
Added “Return to Course Selection” to the mid-battle Options menu
Added a final confirmation when choosing “Return to Character Selection”
Controller vibration function added to indicate when an opponent is found for Arena Matches, Ranked Matches, and Casual Matches
Improved game performance and stability

I think Party Match is the six-player 3v3 mode - it could be a lot of fun if you can use it in private ring matches...and if the netcode was good enough for six people to successfully start a match... ;) 

I just tried Party Match with some randoms; it's not bad! Rather than the SFxT thing of bringing yourself in with the tag button, you have a bunch of quick chat messages to either cheer on your other team members or ask them to tag you in. Happily, it seems fairly lag and judder-free despite being a six-player thing, and best of all it means I don't need to worry about my rubbish team setups and instead I can just stick with Captain Ginyu and ruin everything. :P 

• 3 weeks later...

There's an update out today:

Modes
• REPLAY CHANNEL: To enable implementation of the below gameplay adjustments (see “GAMEPLAY” section), recorded data from Replay Channel will be erased
• WORLD MATCH: Changed rematch system to 3 matches in both Ranked and Casual World Match
• RING MATCHES: Improved match-making and server stability

SSGSS Goku (Blue)
• Fixed a bug that makes “x10 Kaioken Kamehameha” combo continue even if the opponent gets away from the attacks

Captain Ginyu
• Fixed a bug that makes Ginyu Force members collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter’s attacks

Nappa
• Fixed a bug that makes Saibamen collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter’s attacks
Universal
• Fixed a bug that makes characters float in the air if Dragon Rush Clash happens when landing from mid-air back step
• Fixed a bug that makes main characters say the wrong name when calling a Z-Change or Z-Assist
• Fixed a bug that alters the hit box of Z-Assist characters under certain circumstances
• Hit/SSGSS Goku/SSGSS Vegeta: Fixed a bug that triggers Z-Change voice over dialogues instead of Z-Assist ones

New Features
• Z-UNION: Added Z-Union feature that enables players to join "Unions" (fan clubs) of their favorite character and get special rewards. And the longer you stay in a Union, the better the rewards become.
GAME LOBBY: Added the possibility to leave the Lobby by using the stairs at the entrance
• OFFLINE LOBBY: Added option to enter the Offline Lobby from title screen

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/mar/14/dragon-ball-fighterz-receive-patch-march-16th-fixes-ring-matches-fixes-gameplay-exploits-and-adds-new-features/

I've probably been trying to do the bolded line since launch; it seemed like such a natural thing to do... :blush: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I popped this on for another stab after getting the dlc really cheap in the PS4 sale. 

I can't believe how much extra stuff they have added since the last time i played it and all for free. 

And the player base and netcode are still wonderful too and almost feel improved.  

• 4 months later...
On 17/08/2020 at 14:24, Keyboard Koala said:

Sweet!

Mr. Satan next please!

Alas, Super Baby 2 (wut?) and Gogeta are the final DLC characters. hmmm

Would've loved to have seen android nr. 19 in it.

Yeah, season pass 3 seems totally worth skipping altogether. 

And as someone who grew up watching the cartoons in the early 90s, I simply couldn't resist getting this - different game, but same story:

dragon-ball-z-kakarot-collector.jpg

One of the nicest DBZ dioramas I've ever seen. Totally worth the £99. I think.

• 6 months later...

The complete bastard edition is £13 on PSN. I won’t ever play online or be good but I LOVE the graphics. Is there enough good single player stuff here or is it like most fighters - best played with others?

Alas, like most fighters these days, it is best played with others.

There's a single-player arcade mode, that's a decent enough attempt at a single-player game, but it is very bare bones. Think SF V's arcade mode. No real story, no end screens either. Afaik.

6 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Alas, like most fighters these days, it is best played with others.

There's a single-player arcade mode, that's a decent enough attempt at a single-player game, but it is very bare bones. Think SF V's arcade mode. No real story, no end screens either. Afaik.

There’s a complete story mode with three arcs telling the story from different perspectives . 

1 hour ago, DC said:

The complete bastard edition is £13 on PSN. I won’t ever play online or be good but I LOVE the graphics. Is there enough good single player stuff here or is it like most fighters - best played with others?

If you like DBZ then this is nirvana . Genuinely the best DBZ game ever made . 

7 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

There’s a complete story mode with three arcs telling the story from different perspectives . 

If you like DBZ then this is nirvana . Genuinely the best DBZ game ever made . 

Ahh, is there? Always went for the arcade mode, as story modes tend to change characters mid-story in some fighting games. Shall try that one again  :)

1 minute ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Ahh, is there? Always went for the arcade mode, as story modes tend to change characters mid-story in some fighting games. Shall try that one again  :)

You can basically choose any characters you want in the story mode, with a couple of limitations ; characters only become available once you “ rescue” them.. which you do as the story goes on . And each arc  is told from a different perspective , so as you might imagine arc 1 is goku, piccolo etc and arc 2 is frieza, cell etc . You get some pretty cool interactions if you choose certain fighters at certain points . 
it’s worth playing for sure if you like single player stuff , I really enjoyed it . 

1 hour ago, DC said:

One more thing , this game is great at making players shit at fighters , like me , feel like a pro .