The Evil Within 2 - Welcome to Resident Hill

You are Detective Sebastian Castellanos and at your lowest point. But when given a chance to save your daughter, you must enter a world filled with nightmares and discover the dark origins of a once-idyllic town to bring her back. Horrifying threats emerge from every corner as the world twists and warps around you. Will you face adversity head on with weapons and traps, or sneak through the shadows to survive? This is your one chance at redemption, and the only way out is in.

The Evil Within 2 releases worldwide Friday the 13th, October 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Ah, that Sebastian. Never gets a break!

Like most reveals, I wish they'd dispense with the arty bullshit and just give us some straight gameplay cuts but... yeah, still willing to give it a shot despite not being a huge fan of the original.

I liked the first a lot when it was mad and you ran around on a brain; less into it when it was dark and tense, which is probably a stupid way to feel about a survival horror game.

Optimistic seeing the colours in those screenshots. Get rid of the OHKs and we'll talk.

17 hours ago, Larsen B said:

Get rid of the OHKs and we'll talk.

Yeah, they're probably the only major thing stopping me from replaying this. If they've cut the one hit kills out and ironed out the other concerns, this has massive potential. Oh, and I hope the bad guy for this one is less of a theatrical emo twunt needing a slap and more of a glorious bastard.

That last gameplay trailer seems to be broken for me. Here's another source:

The creature designs in this look fucking awesome! And there's a bit early in the trailer with a room that looks just like one from Resident Evil, the small staircase room with pictures all up the wall.

6 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Id Tech 6 is such a good engine. Doom ran smooth as butter while still looking awesome and both Wolfenstein and this look so much better than their predecessor.

I hope this will run as well as Doom did on my rig. :omg:

• 1 month later...

I thought there was something special about how the first one looked. I bought it after watching a stream and there was something about the lighting I really liked.

i think the shit frame rate kinda added to its charm.

Ill be on this when it comes out.

• 1 month later...

First game was a bit uneven. The preview in Edge has me a little cautious too, the word Stealth comes up often enough to put me off and they mentioned juddery frame rates again which were my two biggest issues with the original. That opening section was incredibly tedious, any tension I feel from being vulnerable and having to avoid enemies is quickly overridden by frustration, constantly dying when trying to second guess whether I can be seen. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have in a horror game but it's just not for me (I thought Resi 7 found a decent balance recently).

I think I'll install the first one again after I'm done with Until Dawn. 'tis the season after all and I'm feeling the spooky itch! I've never played the DLC and supposedly that's even better then the main game in some respects.

Also I need to check if my PC is still up to snuff. It's been dying a bit as of late. :(