Anthem Animam Agere

Gorf King

14 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah wow, at least Anthem was an attempt at a brand new IP. Just imagine fucking up Avengers.

I think this might be Avengers' saving grace in the end, TOR survived largely on Star Wars fans and I don;t think it would take that much to get people interested in Avengers again because it has a built in audience.

5 hours ago, K said:

I dunno, Destiny feels like it's been pretty well supported? There have been big expansions every year, and they're scheduled up to 2022.

They've long since abandoned the original roadmap though, I'm pretty sure that happened after the first expansion.

Activision  stuck with Destiny for 5 years to be fair and what was delivered wasn’t all that far off the original road map (which called for a large expansion every other year and a new numbered instalment on the alternate), we got 2 full numbered titles and 2 very large expansions (and 1 smaller one which was the only real slippage). 

By the time the current Darkness trilogy has played out Destiny will have been running for the original 10 year timescale so not that far off what was promised

5 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Can’t wait to play a bunch of service RPG content that has been cut apart and stuck back together to resemble a narrative game.

I’m betting it will have a weird in depth skin system that makes no sense in a single player game and a lot of repeated content that might have been fun with friends but is dull alone. Good job they didn’t cancel a single player version they were making, that would be embarrassing. 

22 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Activision  stuck with Destiny for 5 years to be fair and what was delivered wasn’t all that far off the original road map (which called for a large expansion every other year and a new numbered instalment on the alternate), we got 2 full numbered titles and 2 very large expansions (and 1 smaller one which was the only real slippage). 

The original roadmap showed two smaller expansions in year one, then Comet (TTK), followed by two more small expansions for year two, so they abandoned it one year after release. I’m not discussing the quality of what we got, but the point that roadmaps are bullshit absolutely is correct, Destiny bailed on theirs after a year. 

The year two expansions were abandoned, with the second being reworked into Rise of Iron and released later than expected after a year content drought where the roadmap had promised the same amount of content as year one. The first year so expansion was Cabal focused, so was likely reworking into the campaign of D2, but the Mars raid that was in development with VoG was never released as far as anyone knows, though it may have been reworked into one of the other raids we got but moved to a new setting.

• 1 month later...

I bought a cheap Xbox key about a year ago and completed this - got around 15/20hrs out of it for my £5 which wasn't too bad really.

There's some baffling design decisions but I'm sure me playing it a year after it first launched means I didn't get half as many technical issues as those playing it at launch.

I enjoyed it for the most part until you get to the endgame and realise there's very little gear and not much at all in the way of content/activities.