rllmuk
Yoshimax

Monster Hunter: World

5 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Not very impressed with what I assume is Iceborne endgame stuff.

Hide contents

Almost identical to the end of vanilla World. Elder dragons, elder dragons, elder dragons. Big build up complete with exciting cutscene to brand new area which turns out to be a single room. The dragon being covered in rock that you have to hack away at to reveal its true form was a really fun idea, but I think it would've been even cooler if it had been revealed to be a familiar monster, like ... you hack all the rock off it and it turns out to be fucking Alatreon. Or Lagiacrus - holy shit. I don't even know what this thing is called yet because I didn't manage to kill it first time.

Is there much more game to go after this?

Yes, a lot. Not really story oriented, but a lot of stuff to grind for.

Spoiler

Guiding Lands, the never ending arcade mode grind, MR rank 99, 125, 150 and 200 quests, tons of stuff, not to mention all the new events and upcoming seige

1 hour ago, mechamonkey said:

Yes, a lot. Not really story oriented, but a lot of stuff to grind for.

Reveal hidden contents

Guiding Lands, the never ending arcade mode grind, MR rank 99, 125, 150 and 200 quests, tons of stuff, not to mention all the new events and upcoming seige

Yeah, I started that stuff tonight. Not sure what to make of it yet, other than being a bit disappointed at seeing the same old biomes, but I'm intrigued enough to explore more.

Layered armour. Am I missing a way to unlock more or is there a real dearth of options here? I have just three master rank options of layered armour to craft. At first, I thought they were going to bust wide open our ability to customise our appearance without sacrificing the skills we want to use, but it seems like a missed opportunity so far.

I hope after this new siege and the new weapon crafting from it we don’t see “the best” weapons, will be really boring seeing everyone use the best choice, I love the variety you see right now.

did the new events last night, really fun, those new boys are mean

2 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

most layered sets are HR, there aren’t many MR sets yet, a ton more just got added to HR up to Zorah I think.

Oh, that's awesome. The rank shouldn't matter since they're just cosmetic, right? I have only two in my HR list. How do you get others?

You only have two?

ive got like 20+, maybe they unlock with GL materials etc not sure as I’ve done pretty much everything.

a load of them are from even tickets like Dante, Ryu etc, I’m pretty sure all the events are returning over Xmas so you can get them again.

have you done MR Zorah for instance?
A site like Fextralife will detail the events and which quest gives what

edit: list at the bottom here @ann coulter

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-12-monster-hunter-world-layered-armour-6031

Oh I avoid all the crossover stuff. Find it really immersion breaking. Forced myself through the Witcher quest which actually wasn't as bad as I expected but I'm not interested in outfits or weapons from other franchises. Keep that shit out of Monster Hunter.

Don't think I've done MR Zorah though, so I'll get on that.

4 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Oh I avoid all the crossover stuff. Find it really immersion breaking. Forced myself through the Witcher quest which actually wasn't as bad as I expected but I'm not interested in outfits or weapons from other franchises. Keep that shit out of Monster Hunter.

Don't think I've done MR Zorah though, so I'll get on that.

do you see these?

5 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

do you see these?

Wow. Nope. That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. The only HR layered sets I have are Brigade and Aloy (a Horizon Zero Dawn thing, I think?). So yeah, literally two. I'm still not sure how to unlock all those others in that tweet, even after reading your Eurogamer link.

Those hr layered sets seemed to show up once you've fought (maybe killed?) that monster in GL.

You've missed a few from last week's hr events rotation, I got the beetle set from the Lavasioth quest, and I got the grim reaper-looking set from arch-tempered Vaal.

I did a bunch of story missions as Ryu which was comedy

IMG_20191005_215938.jpg

• Upvote 1

Entered HR a few months ago, then stopped playing.  I'd like to pick it up again over Xmas.

Any initial tips for starting out HR?

I presume that you need to complete the base game before you can enter Iceborne??  

• Upvote 1

The new Defender weapons will carry you right through the base game if you just want to blast through it to Iceborne. (Yes, you need to finish the base story to get to Iceborne) 

Don't sell or meld the attack decoration you get for free

Divine Blessing and Health Boost skills will make your life a lot more comfortable 

There's a trophy for helping people in LR and HR, so you should get carries from MR folk if you throw up an SOS flare

Enjoy Kirin. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Fuck Kirin. 

Light bow gun, spread shot or stickys to the horn, dance round him, shoot his face off.
Easier solo than in a group, believe me.

Longshot but does anyone have the Special Arena Optional Quest for

(High level MR spoiler)

Spoiler

Brute Tigrex

I keep failing to catch one 

11 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

Longshot but does anyone have the Special Arena Optional Quest for

(High level MR spoiler)

Hide contents

Brute Tigrex

I keep failing to catch one 

I can check this evening. I have investigations if you're after mats. 

1 hour ago, Danno said:

I can check this evening. I have investigations if you're after mats. 

I just need to capture it so I can get the optional arena quest, it’s the last one I have to complete (there’s a pendant I want for doing them all) and I keep doing other “areas” which lowers the rotten level so I can’t get him to reappear :)

I should be able to sort you out. Will be on a fair bit after today but can probably hop on for a bit this evening sometime around 7.30.

• Upvote 1

I've been getting back into this a bit recently, finally finished off the Iceborne campaign a couple of weeks ago and over the last few days I unlocked the siege and have been trying to farm it for mats and weapons with randoms. 

With that and all the event quests I've got plenty to catch up on! 

• Upvote 1

My save file says 700 hours! Of course thats MHW and Iceborne together, and probably 100 of that is leaving the game on to do other stuff, but the value for money is through the roof.

The 3 week content gap in Destiny 2's current season couldn't be any better timed, can't wait for the new monst to rip me apart in my maxed out, obsolete end-game gear before I return the favour and come back wearing their family.

I played this for a bit on XBox at launch and then drifted off. I'm planning to start a fresh game on PC tonight.

Played a few hours last night. Things to note.

Loading times are amazing on PC. Like night and day compared to consoles.

The guardian armour and the defender weapons utterly trivialises the content I've played so far (Up to my first Barroth kill). It was like playing Dauntless :) If it keeps up I might be tempted to get Icebourne (Which I'm sure is the intent)