Monster Hunter: World

3 hours ago, Flub said:

Played a few hours last night. Things to note.

Loading times are amazing on PC. Like night and day compared to consoles.

The guardian armour and the defender weapons utterly trivialises the content I've played so far (Up to my first Barroth kill). It was like playing Dauntless :) If it keeps up I might be tempted to get Icebourne (Which I'm sure is the intent)

If you have Iceborne then you can use the quick claw in base content, imagine how fast things would go if you had that and could tenderise monster parts and bang them into walls too :) (join ussssss)

13 hours ago, Flub said:

Played a few hours last night. Things to note.

Loading times are amazing on PC. Like night and day compared to consoles.

The guardian armour and the defender weapons utterly trivialises the content I've played so far (Up to my first Barroth kill). It was like playing Dauntless :) If it keeps up I might be tempted to get Icebourne (Which I'm sure is the intent)

So....this armour was dropped as a freebie to us all on PC, as a way to rattle through the vanilla game so we all can then dive straight into Icebourne, right?

So, it's not possible to play any of the new stuff without 'finishing' the solo player aspect of the first game?  Have I got that right?

1 hour ago, Yuujiin said:

I know this is geared towards multiplayer but can you do a fair bit solo. Just got this only 5 hours in . Took down a over sized vomiting thing. Think it was a Puku Puku ???

A Pukei-Pukei!  And you can call for help (if you look at the on screen button prompts, I forget what it is) so a random can come help out with a 'boss' if you're struggling.  Then they disappear into the ether.... 

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna be returning to this soon. I got it on release for PS4 but only played up to the bit just after where you smash that humongous monster and open up another land. Can't remember it's name.

Just bought it for PC and I'll be going back to my hammer, I think. I really enjoyed that.

I've finished Zora Magdos now and just did power couple. I went to the nest at the top tracking one only to find both of the angry fuckers there. Things got hectic :)

Does Iceborne "reset" the difficulty, or continue onwards without a gap?

I'm worried by 12 months off will mean trying to start Iceborne will be like hitting a brick wall

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

It's about usual for entering a new rank - Master Rank monsters will wreck you in your High Rank armour but even the easiest to craft Master Rank armour has way better defense and the new Defender weapon tree is easy to craft with existing materials for a damage boost with tons of sharpness.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Hexx said:

I'm worried by 12 months off will mean trying to start Iceborne will be like hitting a brick wall

Much like the base game the first few monsters ease you into things quite nicely, but it ramps up fairly quickly. Health boost and maybe divine blessing skills become almost mandatory a few hours in. 

• Upvote 1

I'm worried going through the story this fast will mean I'm missing loads of stuff by the time Iceborne hits. I dunno half the stuff you guys are talking about.

Irmagird, it's so good. When I remember to use them, the new long sword moves are disgusting for combos and the new clutch claw stuff is... clutch. The new Iai Slash can be chained onto everything and landing it starts your spirit gauge automatically charging up, while being able to shoot your clutch claw ammo into a monster's face in the middle of a spirit slash combo is ridiculous.

I had the classic using every single healing item experience with my first Barioth, but I was getting more comfortable with the new stuff by the time I fought Nargacuga and wrecked him. Thank fook for layered armour, as I'm running a constantly-evolving hodgepodge of whatever I can craft for better defense from the last monster I hunted.

I've already spied a longsword which seems rather good for how easy it is to craft this early in the game (and it's raw damage so it's effectively an early game Divine Slasher), so Kulu-Ya-Ku is going to get some the next time I log on.

I'm playing Gunlance now. My first difficulty spike was pink rathion. I wiped twice and then killed him easily on my third try. The monsters are definitely getting harder now. I've killed a couple in that new zone the admiral takes you to.

Gunlance is really good fun.

It's a pain in the backside when some tiny little shit is pecking at you and needs dealing with but for monsters? I can see why people call it the funlance.

7 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Hmmm, this Guardian armour. Is it cheating to use it? Don't remember having it when the game was released.

Nothing forcing you to use it. It's there so new players can get to Iceborne faster. There's also defender weapons you can craft.

That fucking radial menu guys. Sometimes it just doesn't want to fire off what I selected. Fucking thing has gotten me badly hurt loads of times.

1 hour ago, Flub said:

That fucking radial menu guys. Sometimes it just doesn't want to fire off what I selected. Fucking thing has gotten me badly hurt loads of times.

You can change it so you have to click on the stick to use the selected item, it feels a bit weird at first but also makes it much better for combining multiple things on the fly as you can Click Like Fuck™ to craft a whole stack of lifepowder, flash bombs, ammo etc. at once.

43 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

You can change it so you have to click on the stick to use the selected item, it feels a bit weird at first but also makes it much better for combining multiple things on the fly as you can Click Like Fuck™ to craft a whole stack of lifepowder, flash bombs, ammo etc. at once.

you can also set certain crafting items to craft one or craft all on the radial, craft all obviously being amazing for things like ammo in the heat of battle.

Cheers guys. I'll give that a try. I've just noticed since I got access to high rank I can upgrade my guardian armour again. I had exactly enough spheres to do it too :) That's going to help a bit.

I think this week I'm going to focus on getting all my optional quests done. First I need to unlock my two extra garden slots and there's no doubt lots of other handy stuff in those quests I've missed.

On 13/01/2020 at 02:16, Nobuo's Organ said:

I've already spied a longsword which seems rather good for how easy it is to craft this early in the game (and it's raw damage so it's effectively an early game Divine Slasher), so Kulu-Ya-Ku is going to get some the next time I log on.

917 Attack and True Razor Sharp (Nargacuga set bonus), which seems to proc all the time. The gear gets good quickly in Iceborne.

Monster_Hunter_World_Screenshot_2020_01.14_-_04_18_21_32.thumb.png.89e4a4af099103d6ef09f535ad11af42.png

Yeah, the radial's a little unreliable. It works about 90-95% of the time, but when you snap to a mega potion and nothing happens, especially several times in a row while low on health and being chased by a mountainous wall of teeth, it can be infuriating.