rllmuk
Yoshimax

Monster Hunter: World

4 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

Wheres the music when you cook meat! I will get this of course, it's MH but I really hope making it appeal to us lot a bit more doesn't mean gutting all the funny quirks.

They've not finished the game yet. 

What we really need to see is confirmation of no health bars and the flex when popping a health pot, god I hope you can't spam potions in this.

1 minute ago, Kevvy Metal said:

They've not finished the game yet. 

Ending the whole trailer on the classic monster hunter meat spit then forgetting to add the music is a bit odd tho.

11 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

So the original 4Chan leak got MHXX on Switch right, next gen Monster Hunter on PS4/PC right (although not Xbox One) and gave these terrifying details on the game, remember?

Seems they're actually listening to people like this.

I too eagerly await more quest based gameplay, but it's sounding like quests may not even be in the game.

Even if this all turns out to be true, and the proper team are continuing, separately, to make a portable version, because that's the most important thing, then what's the negative in making 5 a bit different?  It could bring a whole new bunch of players to portable, eventually.  

I can't see a downside? 

17 minutes ago, dood said:

Even if this all turns out to be true, and the proper team are continuing, separately, to make a portable version, because that's the most important thing, then what's the negative in making 5 a bit different?  It could bring a whole new bunch of players to portable, eventually.  

I can't see a downside? 

That actual Monster Hunter fans who want a visually impressive, big budget, traditional new entry in the series by Capcom's best team ... aren't getting one? That Capcom is focussing more money and creativity on appealing to the kind of human being who doesn't even like Monster Hunter in the first place?

11 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

That actual Monster Hunter fans who want a visually impressive, big budget, traditional new entry in the series by Capcom's best team ... aren't getting one? That Capcom is focussing more money and creativity on appealing to the kind of human being who doesn't even like Monster Hunter in the first place?

Sure, but I think we're still making lots of leaps based on nothing more than a 4Chan post right now. 

Look at @Wallace above..  this is new blood!  This could be his gateway. Before you know it he'll have a Switch and the next Portable game.  If enough people make that migration, Capcom will see the sales and THEN maybe we'll get a 'big budget' 'proper' monster hunter.  

But this still might be a good game, man!! Give it time!

Well Freedom Wars nicked plenty of stuff from hunting games so it's only fair that MH pinches the grapple. ;) 

I've bought several games in the series and always found the pace a bit too slow for me, but the scale of this looks nice. :) Looking forward to buying (and inevitably not playing) this.

10 minutes ago, dood said:

Sure, but I think we're still making lots of leaps based on nothing more than a 4Chan post right now. 

Look at @Wallace above..  this is new blood!  This could be his gateway. Before you know it he'll have a Switch and the next Portable game.  If enough people make that migration, Capcom will see the sales and THEN maybe we'll get a 'big budget' 'proper' monster hunter.  

But this still might be a good game, man!! Give it time!

Well, I'd be overjoyed to be wrong. I'd love this to turn out to be a traditional Monster Hunter 5 in all but name, and will happily eat my words if it does. But it's looking unlikely at this point.

And for what it's worth, the last thing I want is more people like Wallace taking an interest in the series after seeing something like this. Resident Evil 4 jettisoned survival horror to pander to the lowest common denominator gamer and it destroyed the franchise (albeit not its profits, which is why I'm so worried about Capcom doing this - Capcom will merrily gut everything that makes the franchise appeal to its niche fanbase if they sense a more profitable opportunity with millions of Wallaces). I don't want Monster Hunter to go the way of RE.

2 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Well, I'd be overjoyed to be wrong. I'd love this to turn out to be a traditional Monster Hunter 5 in all but name, and will happily eat my words if it does. But it's looking unlikely at this point.

And for what it's worth, the last thing I want is more people like Wallace taking an interest in the series after seeing something like this. Resident Evil 4 jettisoned survival horror to pander to the lowest common denominator gamer and it destroyed the franchise. I don't want Monster Hunter to go the way of RE.

Oh, I understand your fear then. 

As fun as Resi 4 was, it destroyed what the series was all about for me. I'm glad the latest instalment seems to be a somewhat return to its roots, I've still to give it a go. 

OMG I'm ready! This looks like all my christmases have come at once!

.... except ... was that a machine gun?! 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, scottcr said:

No switch, no sale

Considering there's a Monster Hunter on Switch, you'll get this then? :P

Deffo all over the Switch one. Can't wait for that. I just really do any big telly gaming much now... and these games are time sinks. The only way I can get value from them is if they are mobile.

Nice breakdown here 

Am looking forward to it - just to get my non portable friends into it! Toot toot!

Looking forward to this. Never could get along with the 3DS version because of the small screen, and fiddly buttons and stick.

15 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

giphy.gif

Monster Hunter, everyone. That third person shooter we all know and love.

Yeah man. What were they thinking?

bowgun.gif

gravios-laser-cue-e1b3c.gif

monsterhunter4-500x500_c.jpg

FrontierGen-Heavy_Bowgun_Equipment_Rende

MHP3-Heavy_Bowgun_Equipment_Render_001.png.624e1950221f60ad1980aadb67203ea5.png

AquamaticLongshot.png.a8ecf9b92596bcfc83420c9b2eba87e7.png

• Upvote 3

Standing on the spot with a bowgun that fires one to three shots at a time is equivalent to walking backwards spraying bullets out of a borderline machine gun, I suppose?

Perhaps it's a new weapon? They've been known to add them from time to time, you know. Perhaps it's one of those hunting styles from generations? Who knows?

I see you added lots of pictures of bowguns. Not surprisingly, I do not dispute there are bowguns in Monster Hunter games. I have played one or two of these games, as it happens, and have used bowguns for perhaps a few hundred hours. At no point did it look or feel like I was using a machine gun in an open world, third person shooter.

Clearly. On first impressions, it doesn't appear to be for any of us, is my point. I genuinely hope Monster Hunter 3 is lurking somewhere within this bizarre new guise. I guess on the 20th we'll know for sure when Capcom streams more in depth gameplay.

Shamelessly lifted from Neogaf:

For new people coming in, here's a recap of info that has been shared so far by Capcom employees who have worked on/with Monster Hunter.

- A 4:56 video that shows a bit more extended footage of the things we've already seen.
- Monster Hunter: World is not a spin-off.
- Monster Hunter: World was worked on by the main development team in Japan.
- You can play offline.
- Fishing, mining, and capturing bugs still in the game.
- All 14 weapon types confirmed in the game.
- Tails still cuttable.
- Hunt, Carve, Forge loop is still there.
- Still has the same rewarding and challenging gameplay.
- Health, stamina, potions, sharpness still present.
- Sound still plays after making a good well done steak.
- Targeting locked 30FPS across all platforms (referring to console).
- The game uses the MT Framework. Maybe PC as well, weird wording in this one.
- Insect Glaive will be in the game.
- When asked about Hunter Arts, response was "Brand new title. Brand new gameplay systems in place!"
- Separate maps, but zones are gone!
- More clarification on maps/zones: "It's not open world game, but all the maps are massive and wide open, without any loading screens :)"
- Charge Blade is in, Tonfa is not.
- No underwater combat.
- No Prowler Mode in Monster Hunter World.
- Palicoes are in the game.
- In-game voice chat is supported.
- You can either choose to sneak past small monsters to avoid fighting them, or kill them to collect/loot their bodies. The world is "hella flexible."
- Gestures will be present in Monster Hunter: World.
- They are completely focused on World for the western markets, and Monster Hunter: World is once again confirmed as the next main title in the series.
- After being asked if there will be a Monster Hunter 5 or a game for the Japanese audiences, they reply was: "This is the next generation of Monster Hunter!"
- You can both do drop-in/drop-out co-op, or form a pre-hunt party in Monster Hunter: World.
- Multiplayer is online-only, there is no local co-op.
- Monsters will not have health bars, but damage numbers will appear.
- Monster Hunter World is confirmed to NOT have regenerating health. I guess there was a rumor going around about this? Idk..
- Japanese Twitter showed off some new screenshots: 1 2 3 4 5. As well as a new title card image.
- /u/LinFTW did a recap of the Playstation Live Event information that can be found here.

Capcom insisting this is the next proper mainline Monster Hunter, then. Monster Hunter 5, basically. I still don't believe them. :( (Please be true!) It all depends on the combat now, doesn't it? I wish they would just bloody show it properly, with in-game HUD and no cinematic bollocks, to confirm whether or not it's been simplified. We're all going to know immediately on seeing a quest (still no confirmation of quests?) whether it's been screwed up or carefully preserved.

I've convinced myself that XX isn't coming to the switch... so, this is the end of Monster Hunter for me. It makes me sad.