rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Xbox One X - Who's getting one?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I signed up for the notification from Amazon during the conference, but honestly, I'm not so sure now. I think I'll wait until I've settled on a TV.

Yep.  Getting a 4k TV this week to replace an old Plasma so its a logical step to get a new console to take advantage of it. 

Sold my Gaming PC as I wasn't using it, have been playing the xbox S only.  

I'm still a casual gamer at heart, so no real affinity to either corporation.  I've lent towards MS mostly because i loved the 360 and most of my mates on there have came across to xbox.  Before that i had the PS1/2. But i do want a decent powerful console under the TV to push out the shineys and give games i play a lot a boost, BF1 for example. I love digital gaming so ive built up a nice collection already.

I think i'll just borrow a PS4 when last of us 2 and detroit come out as those games look cool but I cant really be bothered maintaining / investing in both systems. 

• Upvote 1

I've a 4k TV and PS4 Pro meaning the X is certainly of interest. Then again I'm a bit of a jaded gamer and E3 has done little to excite me. If I pre order one I'm not entirely sure why. There's fuck all that interests me but I'm an absolute sucker for new tech. If they release it with a UI that isn't terrible that could be enough for me.

Actually, Amazon don't take the money until it ships, right? So I could put myself down for one on the assumption I've picked a TV by November.

If I hadn't just upgraded my PS4 to a Pro and my PC to a beast I probably still wouldn't have to be honest as it doesn't offer me any real upgrades over my existing setup (I've got an XB1S and most of the Xbox One Games on W10Gaming on an i7 7700K GTX 1080ti PC (#willywaving), so my Microsoft's are all covered currently). Plus, the exclusives aren't there yet. Let's see what E3 2018 brings from MS and then I'll be able to make a more informed decision.

No for now but I'm sure I'll get one in the 6 months after release or so to replace my Elite. If it's smaller and quieter then that's a big plus. Then just playing worse versions of things annoys a little, although not upgraded to a Pro yet so maybe I can hold out 

I have a PS4 Pro, and that's my main console for this generation. I also have an Xbox One S which is totally sufficient enough for me to mop up the Xbox exclusives. I might up grade further down the line as never say never but certainly not for the foreseeable.

I'm sure you're all riveted to hear. 

I would get one, but I need it to be region A so I can use it to play American blu rays (and 4K blu rays). I will need to upgrade my TV to 4K and get PS4 Pro. So I might just buy new TV and Scorpio and then trade in XBOX One and PS4 for PS4 Pro but not sure yet. Just need to decide to go for Samsung LED TV which the forum like or wait for OLED TV to drop price even more.  I will contact Microsoft to see if I can get region A Blu Ray version instead of Region B Version we get in Europe. If no I might well wait until I go to USA on holiday next september and pick one up there. 

• Upvote 1

Sold my Xbone (original) last year, so does this technically make it the first? In any case I'm certainly interested, just pricey. Microsoft had overall a more interesting/varied showing this year and to me have shown the sort of vigor that hasn't been seen from them since the 360 days. I think they're back on the right track. All 3 generations of Xbox titles on one box? Yes please.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bunta said:

Is there an option for "they are sending me some as I'm making games for it" ? 

The humblebrag is real. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, marsh said:

This has the reek of sega 32x all over it.......no?

No, that's not the model at all. It's the same as the PS4 Pro... it does the same shit but with a few more shinies at a higher resolution. There are no "32X" games for it, per se. Well, not until the base XB1/PS4 get old in the tooth and they allow the X/Pro to have at it with exclusives. Years away from that, surely.

Just now, marsh said:

Considering 1 in 5 of PS4's sold are the Pro model you could assume the X will do ok at least. There's clearly a market for these things.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

The humblebrag is real. 

They wouldn't set me loose on E3 so gotta take it where I can get it :hat:

7 minutes ago, marsh said:

No. Because the 32X was an entirely different console, with unique games that essentially required a "piggyback" from the original Megadrive to work. That and the 32X directly competed with another soon to be released console for Sega, that being the Saturn. Sega USA and Sega Japan got into a retarded competition. 

PS4 Pro // Xbox One X is a 4K version of the original machines. That's it. Nothing is obsolete of competing for the same market within the same company. A 4K box, that if you plug into a 1080p tv, will also see some visual and stability improvements. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Actually, Amazon don't take the money until it ships, right? So I could put myself down for one on the assumption I've picked a TV by November.

Correct.

Maybe I will put an order in with them just in case.

• Upvote 1