rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Plissken

Football Thread 2017/18

Imagine printing that? Awful. Im sure theres plenty of grief between rival city fans all over Britain, but Old Firm stuff really is top level genuine hatred.

I don't blame him. Sometimes those interviews are simply a means for the FA to get some nice money in from fines. That Daily Record tweet up thread is frankly weird. It's just bizarre. Having said that, I did once have to explain to someone at an Exeter City away game that chanting obscene things about one the City players (Adam Stansfield) who'd died of cancer was not actually "fair game" but was disgusting. That guy was eventually removed from the crowd and kicked out but he should've been locked up - football can always bring the worst out of certain people. 

I watched that Roy video expecting him to be a bit grumpy but wasn't expecting that :lol: what actually happened? 

18 minutes ago, spork said:

I watched that Roy video expecting him to be a bit grumpy but wasn't expecting that :lol: what actually happened? 

Probably called him 'Woy' off camera like a cunt

Completely understand Roy's reaction there, it's a stupid question. Would much prefer the interviewers actually asked questions about the game, instead of trying to bait managers into getting fines.

• Upvote 1

Maybe there's some hope for us after all! We went back to basics formation-wise, no weird selections, actually played our number 10 and really pressed from the front for the first time in god knows how long. If we can carry on that way I'll be happy wherever we end up come the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

Shelvey has the ability and when he is in the right frame of mind he is brilliant. It's just a shame he hasn't ever been consistent to date.

Seeing this was the final straw for me to be happy to see the back of him at Swansea. He did put in some good performances and scored some important goals for us, but when he stopped trying...

Shelvey is just an idiot, as far as I can tell. He has bags of ability and really should have taken Gerrard's mantle at Liverpool but some combination of attitude, application and ego combines to ensure he'll never fulfill his potential, and instead he has been steadily driving his career ever downwards.

Impossible to call who will go down from the Prem this season. Jacks looked doomed and now out the relegation zone. Bournemouth racked up plenty of points recently then battered by Huddersfield. Newcastle and West Ham look ropey but a couple of wins and would have a bit of daylight.

Im going West Brom, Huddersfield and Stoke

2 hours ago, Adrock said:

Shelvey has the ability and when he is in the right frame of mind he is brilliant. It's just a shame he hasn't ever been consistent to date.

2 hours ago, hmm said:

Shelvey is just an idiot, as far as I can tell. He has bags of ability and really should have taken Gerrard's mantle at Liverpool but some combination of attitude, application and ego combines to ensure he'll never fulfill his potential, and instead he has been steadily driving his career ever downwards.

He's also a racist scumbag. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

He's also a racist scumbag. 

Yep. One who showed no remorse whatsoever despite being found guilty by an independent panel. A good player on his day but a total scumbag who I have no respect for. 

Shelvey is this gens Lee Bowyer?

That clip above shows what he thinks of his team mates, manager and fans. I'd withhold his wages for that "effort"

2 hours ago, tbb said:

Breaking news!

Daniel Sturridge is injured.

Surely he’s on his last contract? He’s hardly played for years. 

To be fair, he did manage 3 minutes of running around first, and may even have kicked the ball at some point. That's way above his average week.

Ryan Mason retires at 26 years old, as a result of the skull fracture that he got v Chelsea last year.

11 hours ago, Revival said:

It's alright he's still got that job at Subway.

1-4.jpg

This is moments before he pulls his hamstring reaching for the chipotle mayo!