Football Thread 2017/18

Plissken

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Everton haven’t turned up for a derby in recent memory have they?

2010 was their last win. Will be sticking a quid or two on them just because the game falls between the two City games.

Zlatan is a magnificent bastard.

Saturday eveing, match time once again at the LipoPark, home of the FcSchaffhausen. A stunning 4-0 win capped off the week - against a team which already stated they wouldn't play anymore next season, due to finances.

If anyone wants to buy the club, btw, now's your chance! (FcSchaffhausen, not the other clowns) The owner wants to sell, and I'm expecting the offers to reach heights of at least £1,000 or something similarly silly. :(

5 hours ago, Plissken said:

BT Sport did an hour long documentary on Football Italia and have made it available for free.  http://sport.bt.com/video/golazzo-the-football-italia-story-91364261396113

It's a great watch and Paul Ince was a great interview. I also couldn't believe it only ran for 10 years, I thought it was on much longer than that but that's probably because it was the main source of football when I was a kid because I never had Sky. 

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

We can still blow it... I see Liverpool losing to both Everton and Chelsea.

You wont lose to Everton, maybe Chelsea as you can’t defend but 4th should be yours ;) 

We still have Man City, hopefully drunk champions on the beach in CL final Man City!

4 minutes ago, Revival said:

That was a piece of Genius from the FA. Playing a joke ref on April fools day. Absolutely brilliant work.

<_<

The amount of crap challenges Spurs get away with is unreal.

If some of your players played with the passion of the Spurs players, then maybe you wouldn't be 8 points behind us and playing in the Europa League next season.

Kante was the only player who looked liked he gave a shit today for your lot.

We've looked like that pretty much all season, I thought your side was pretty awful to be honest, We're just far worse.

11 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

I see Chelsea losing to Burnley.

I think we're currently 16th in the form table so I wouldn't be that surprised if we lose to pretty much anyone from now til the end of the season.

Under Conte we've lost our 27 year home record to Tottenham, Got soundly beaten a number of times by the worst Arsenal side this side of twenty years. Lost our winning record against Barca and helped Messi with his goal deficit.

And now it's being reported that he told Martin Tyler in a Sky interview that we're getting what we deserve due to the transfer dealings. Total snake out for himself.

21 minutes ago, Revival said:

We've looked like that pretty much all season, I thought your side was pretty awful to be honest, We're just far worse.

I think we're currently 16th in the form table so I wouldn't be that surprised if we lose to pretty much anyone from now til the end of the season.

Under Conte we've lost our 27 year home record to Tottenham, Got soundly beaten a number of times by the worst Arsenal side this side of twenty years. Lost our winning record against Barca and helped Messi with his goal deficit.

And now it's being reported that he told Martin Tyler in a Sky interview that we're getting what we deserve due to the transfer dealings. Total snake out for himself.

Perfect for Chelsea then!

And again lols at another big club built on kicking the shit out of teams when successful all upset when their current bunch of mercenaries get upset by big bad Spurs, maybe throw some more money at the players to stop them bottling challenges or are all the bought in superstars who clearly don’t give a shit about the club already on their respective World Cup holidays?!?

27 minutes ago, Revival said:

Conte moaned about transfers at Juventus too, like 'no way to compete in the champions league without massive investment'. Allegri gets to final in first season then again two years later...

Complaining about your squad and referee decisions is the most pointless thing in the world, you might as well waste time shouting at the sky for its weather.

Burnley game at Turf Moor as well. Chelsea winning the title but under performing the next season is just what they do now. Maybe it's one for the Fiver, does any team's performances ever not get worse when the manager suggests he might leave for another club/gives the impression he doesn't want to be there.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

We can still blow it... I see Liverpool losing to both Everton and Chelsea.

Weve only lost 4 games in the first 32 games of the season... to lose 2 in the last 6 would be an awful drop in form! Which we are capable of, but for us to do that AND Chelsea to go on a winning run seems pretty unlikely.

I’m a bit like you though, I won’t be feel comfortable until it’s a mathematic certainly!

3 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

The Asian woman appears to not be gesturing to Alli but the entire world.

I like the guy to her left (our right) who looks completely dumbfounded.

I think after that result the top 4 is set now. Just looking at the BBC league table and the form of the top 4 over the last 5 games combined is 18 wins and 2 losses. After that Arsenal and Chelsea are on 3 losses and 2 wins each in their last 5. It would take a massive drop off in form for United, Liverpool or Spurs for them to fall out the top 4 now. I just don't see it happening.

Me neither. I thought it was over after the Chelsea City game. It's only really Arsenal who has mastered late season last game table position reversing. My only hope is that Chelsea don't nab Tuchel. He's signed with a club other than Bayern but it could be PSG. Don't know why anyone would choose PSG or Chelsea over Bayern, except it being a new different challenge for him. 

1 hour ago, Loik V credern said:

Me neither. I thought it was over after the Chelsea City game. It's only really Arsenal who has mastered late season last game table position reversing. My only hope is that Chelsea don't nab Tuchel. He's signed with a club other than Bayern but it could be PSG. Don't know why anyone would choose PSG or Chelsea over Bayern, except it being a new different challenge for him. 

Raphael Honegstein seemed to think he's joining Chelsea or PSG on last week's TFS, with the latter the more likely destination.