IGNORED

Football Thread 2017/18

Plissken

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

Think this pretty much nails it about both clubs. They boyh need to win something. Finished 2nd to 4th this season feels like the same achievement cause no one was going to catch City.

I'd say 3rd to 4th. Finishing second is obviously a massive achievement and comprehensively proves that the team that finishes there is much better than the other 18 teams below them, and has had a much better season than those 18 teams.

:(

The Ramos situation is getting a bit silly now. 150k signatures to ban him and an Egyptian lawyer has filed a law suit. 

It was a grapple side by side which happens many times in a game, just unfortunate the way they fell. 

If it was Modric no one would have said a thing.

2 hours ago, Baring said:

The Ramos situation is getting a bit silly now. 150k signatures to ban him and an Egyptian lawyer has filed a law suit. 

It was a grapple side by side which happens many times in a game, just unfortunate the way they fell. 

Why would Ramos tackle Modric??

Spoiler

:hat:

2 hours ago, Butters said:

Why do you hate Livvy @McFly?

I considor Livvy Skatepark is a holy site for the record.

As for the fitba team, in the mid-90s Livvy were rolling in cash compared to everyone else and they basically bought their way ti the Prem. Particularly they bought any decent Caley player, including 3 important players in one season Mark McCulloch (scored a beast against Dundee United in a cup replay), Barry Wilson (scored against Celtic iirc) and Davide Xausa (good scorer).

So fuck them forever and i laughed hard when they went to admin twice.

2 hours ago, Baring said:

Expect it to reach 1 million signatures because Egypt. 

2 hours ago, McFly said:

I considor Livvy Skatepark is a holy site for the record.

As for the fitba team, in the mid-90s Livvy were rolling in cash compared to everyone else and they basically bought their way ti the Prem. Particularly they bought any decent Caley player, including 3 important players in one season Mark McCulloch (scored a beast against Dundee United in a cup replay), Barry Wilson (scored against Celtic iirc) and Davide Xausa (good scorer).

So fuck them forever and i laughed hard when they went to admin twice.

Funny. I had a very similar conversation with a St Johnstone fan last week, when the news came through that Livvy were coming back up!

Very sad news about Neale Cooper. Thought your Dad's words and pictures about him on Twitter were a great tribute @Simmy. Condolences to him, Neale's family, and all those connected with him.

Sterling has had an M16 assault rifle tattooed on his leg. Gun violence groups are losing their shit.

Sterling says it's because he shoots with his right leg. I'm surprised he went for something as accurate as an M16 and not a blunderbuss!

Ireland had just 17% possession in the first half against France last night. I can't comment too much on the manner of the 2-0 defeat as I didn't get to see the game - like gay marriage and abortions, it wasn't available in the north. Still, even in the modern football climate where possession stats seem to grow ever higher for the dominant teams, that's fucking abysmal.

The media hounding of Raheem Sterling is a fucking disgrace.  Why does this happen EVERY time the national team is about to take part in a major tournament?

I feel sorry for the kid.  He's one of our brightest prospects and has just had a great season yet the press intrusion and irrelevant bullshit blown completely out of all proportion makes my blood boil.

Not defending the hateful shit-rags in the slightest, but aren't there any comparable sequences of headlines about other young, high profile footballers, perhaps that are also active on social media etc.? I wouldn't be very surprised if this is more 'targeted' abuse, sadly, but I wonder if it's anything more than their general hateful shit-rag-ness and the usual 'build em up, knock em down' bullshit they delight in.

I can’t think of any white footballer who’s been treated the way they treat Sterling. Beckham had it bad for a while after France 98 but at least that was actually about a grievance. Sterling gets constant pelters for no reason, normally about his money.