IGNORED

Football Thread 2017/18

Plissken

Yup, the sooner we get the choice of watching whatever match we want the better...  all that shit to protect lower league teams is bollocks... watching on TV and i real life are completely different... if I fancy going to watch a live game I will.... I normally watch on the TV if i cant be arsed or don't have a day t dedicate to going out on the shant!

If they want t stop or lessen illegale streams, just charge 100 quid a year for all your teams games via a stream.. job done... its a license to print money!

Yeah it has to be the future. A subscription that allows you to watch any team you want.

The scaremongering about reductions in attendance of live games could do the fans a favour if it means dropping ticket prices to entice people back in.

It's got to be a better way of doing it.

I like watching all matches so I'd probably pay for a general subscription but the status quo of needing separate subscriptions to various media companies isn't sustainable.

Especially when it's easy to stream games over the internet. I am questioning why I am forced to pay a monthly sub to Virgin for a multitude of crap I never use.

37 minutes ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

Yup, the sooner we get the choice of watching whatever match we want the better...  all that shit to protect lower league teams is bollocks... watching on TV and i real life are completely different... if I fancy going to watch a live game I will.... I normally watch on the TV if i cant be arsed or don't have a day t dedicate to going out on the shant!

If they want t stop or lessen illegale streams, just charge 100 quid a year for all your teams games via a stream.. job done... its a license to print money!

It should be done though that all teams cost the same. None of this, you want to have all Man U games that will be £200 please, if you want all Southampton games that is only £120. Sounds cynical but you know they will try it! 

4 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

It should be done though that all teams cost the same. None of this, you want to have all Man U games that will be £200 please, if you want all Southampton games that is only £120. Sounds cynical but you know they will try it! 

I'm not sure they'd try it like that but I'd be fairly certain that the big six would want their slice of those subscriptions to be based on the viewing figures for each club. The deal they've managed to push through regarding the distribution of money from overseas TV rights is proof of that. 

29 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I want to know which eight turkeys voted for Christmas.

Probably dickheads who think they can break in so:

Leicester, Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, Palace, Southampton, Wolves, Watford I'm guessing

Rashford is terrifying running at pace.

Delph is playing well.

Rose is a bit surplus to requirements at moment.

Henderson is still not a football player.

Things like that little lofted pass to Delph when nothing seemed on though...  :wub:

A level of imagination and flair you don't generally get from England players.  He's more than just a speed merchant.  He has to start ahead of Sterling, surely.

Also, Alexander-Arnold is having a good debut.  His dead-ball delivery could be very handy.

Sterling's movement was great in the last game. The problem was when he got the ball he was shocking with it.

I think you have to consider the mental aspect as well.  Sterling has never looked like he enjoys playing for England, and who can blame him after the shit he gets from the press?  For Rashford, it looks like a massive relief to be playing with some freedom.  For Sterling he has to adjust to playing for a team who are a bit shit and give him no service.  For Rashford, lets face it, he's used to that.

This is going to sound mad but I'd start Vardy ahead of Kane too.  I'd start two thirds of this team.

The more I see of Pickford and Butland, the more I'm leaning towards hoping we see more of that in the summer.

Nice work from Alli in the build-up to England's second goal.  Great to see Welbs score, although he did his best to miss it!

I'm confused by the Henderson comment @tbb. He was given a very specific job to do by the manager and I thought he did it well.

Nothing spectacular at all but his job is to sit in and quickly distribute the ball to the more creative players whilst also breaking up play when required.

I think Delph is probably the better central midfielder out of Dier, Henderson and him but the defensive slant Southgate requires from the deep lying midfielder favours Henderson and Dier over Delph.

The Premier League is bringing in a winter break in the 2019/20 season.

• Scrapping FA Cup replays in the fifth round, rather than quarter finals as present
  • Moving the fifth round to midweek
  • 10 day break in February (no break over Christmas - that remains as it is)