I just watched episode 6 last night and found it to be one of the best directed and choreographed episodes of anything ever.

It was utterly stunning

Looking forward to ep 7 tonight.

57 minutes ago, Thor said:

Fuck me, the Veidt stuff is all fucking trash. Pure shite. 

Everything else, of course, is pure fucking gold. This latest episode is all kinds of amazing...

post-29949-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-Imgur-eTg

No way the Veidt stuff is great. And a nicely done homage to Black Freighter. 

Anyhoo now that was a reveal right there. 

Did not see it coming but there were signs I'd been aware off that something wasnt right and clues too. 

Cannot wait for next week to find out more. 

Spoiler

Oh and Angela's life was pretty fucking sad and I really hope we see Manhatten stepping in hence their living together and playing happy families. Explains his stark answer about death and heaven to the kids in ep2 now doesn't it. 

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

No way the Veidt stuff is great. And a nicely done homage to Black Freighter. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. Almost everything involving Veidt in this series has been nonsense for me, especially this latest episode. 

I have to say, that’s one of the all-time great cliffhangers in TV history. I didn’t see that coming, not until it actually happened. 

Also:

Spoiler

That explains why Laurie fancied him so much. :lol:

A93CA7B7-D1D9-4DF1-8952-BDF3A7336AF9.gif

Was it just me who rolled his eyes and groaned at the “surprising” bit where 

Spoiler

Angela breaks into that room and discovers she’s been receiving a fluid transfusion from a comatose elephant?

I dunno, maybe if they really put their heads together and tried, they could have come up with something even more insultingly obvious? Saw that coming a mile off. 

1 hour ago, K said:

Hide contents

Angela breaks into that room and discovers she’s been receiving a fluid transfusion from a comatose elephant?

I dunno, maybe if they really put their heads together and tried, they could have come up with something even more insultingly obvious? Saw that coming a mile off. 

Spoiler

:lol:

Angela and I both said "what the fuck?" at exactly the same time

Just the best show;

So I've just read on twitter that the big blue dildo that Lawrie had in ep 3 was called Excalibur.

Or... y'know... Ex-Cal-Abur. 

I've been grinning from ear to ear for about ten minutes. Cracking work Lindelof and team.

2 minutes ago, Mugman said:

Just the best show;

Hide contents

So I've just read on twitter that the big blue dildo that Lawrie had in ep 3 was called Excalibur.

I've been grinning from ear to ear for about ten minutes. Cracking work Lindelof and team.

Ooooh, that's good.

50 minutes ago, Mugman said:

Just the best show;

Hide contents

From a YouTube comment earlier:

Spoiler

The Cal/Kal-El similarity and the parallel of a superman disguising himself as a human.

11 hours ago, K said:

Hide contents

I thought it was pretty funny

She expects her grandfather and gets Dumbo. Although elephants do have good memories apparently and for the amount of Nostalgia that Angela took, she would need a sizeable transfusion I suppose

Spoiler

It was foreshadowed by a Dumbo-style VHS she saw in the first Saigon flashback wasn't it?

I really love the flashbacks in this; they're so good at evoking the past, but a past that's a bit different to our own. I think the Saigon ones this week were my favourite, especially the scene between Angela and her aunt, with Paul Young playing in the background.

So what's going on with Dr Manhattan? He got lonely being the sole godlike being and decided to insert himself back into a living human body? Did Angela know who he was all along, or just that there was something special about him?

I loved the episode but not sure I liked the way Lady Trieu just stated the big plot at the end, rather than it being shown. Also, it seems to be a bunch of powerful good guys against some dopey racist bad guys. Not sure I fancy Cycops' chances. Unless, this being Watchmen, Trieu's big plan is a massive overcompensation, like her clock lobotomises everyone who's ever had a racist thought or something.

I called that reveal and the wife thought i was mental. So many little clues throughout the show.

One thing that bother me though....

Spoiler

How can a bunch of rednecks be any kind of threat to Dr fucking Manhattan? I dont care what resources and tech they have, its Dr Manhatten. They are insignificant to him. 

29 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

I called that reveal and the wife thought i was mental. So many little clues throughout the show.

One thing that bother me though....

Hide contents

How can a bunch of rednecks be any kind of threat to Dr fucking Manhattan? I dont care what resources and tech they have, its Dr Manhatten. They are insignificant to him. 

It's portals and an intrinsic field generator. It's also Lady Trieu hardware so I'm guessing they think they stand a chance.

I'm just wondering what Lady Trieu's clock is going to do.

Has there been any other foreshadowing of 

Spoiler

the 7th Kavalry / Cyclops’ plans regarding Dr Manhattan? When Lawrie was being held prisoner the symbol on the wall in the room was a trans dimensional  squid eye with Manhattan’s atomic nucleus as its border.

Has the watch battery stuff been explained yet?

38 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Hide contents

It's portals and an intrinsic field generator. It's also Lady Trieu hardware so I'm guessing they think they stand a chance.

I'm just wondering what Lady Trieu's clock is going to do.

Tick loudly.

48 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

Hide contents

Has the watch battery stuff been explained yet?

Spoiler

I think that might've been misdirection. Unaware 7th Kavalry goons trying to carry out a low-level attack using supposedly carcinogenic watch batteries from the Dr Manhattan era as a cancer bomb. The fact that Sheriff Crawford gleefully shot them out of the sky suggests that they weren't important. Is the whole plan to stoke racial tensions? That could've just been one small part of it.

3 hours ago, Pob said:

Hide contents

I think that might've been misdirection. Unaware 7th Kavalry goons trying to carry out a low-level attack using supposedly carcinogenic watch batteries from the Dr Manhattan era as a cancer bomb. The fact that Sheriff Crawford gleefully shot them out of the sky suggests that they weren't important. Is the whole plan to stoke racial tensions? That could've just been one small part of it.

I thought the watch batteries had been referenced when Looking Glass saw them fucking around with the basket balls and portals at 7K HQ; like it was an essential component for the portal