IGNORED

Any reccomendation for music experience games (like Rez)

vamecum

Hi, I am really in love with games that incorporate music in ways that are not the regular Simon Says rhythm game formula. 

I love Rez and Lumines, does anyone have suggestions for good games that fit this formula?

One game I enjoyed last year was a Steam shooter called Beat Da Beat - it's not much of a looker but it has bullet patterns synced to music and it's pretty good fun :) If you enjoy the kind of music it offers you can kind of lose yourself in the experience and forget about the presentation :D 

(although admittedly I also like it because I toyed with a similar idea for a game of my own; sadly my effort was pretty shoddy so I binned it :P )

Tetsuya Mizuguchi's other music games Child of Eden (like Rez but with bonuses for firing on the beat) and Every Extend Extra Extreme (detonate the bomb on the beat and watch the fireworks display).

Audiosurf, which turns up in pretty much every Steam sale.

Thanks. Good timing with the steam sale to go looking for games! Shame that Every extend extra isn't available on steam / windows in any easy way. I remember being a bit dissapointed with Child of Eden, but a revisit seems in place. Thanks for all the tips. I have done some searching myself and I'm going to try out Dyad as well. 

I do actually find those who are strongly enforcing to the timing of the music, to be less fun than music games that have a weaker impact of rhythm in gameplay. I guess it's because a lot of the rhythm games only have rhythm elements to go on, so they tend to become crazy hard and crazy sheet reading exercises very quickly. 

Definitely Aaero, and if you can beat my scores on Advanced then fair play to you :P Still not got a no1. place yet, but a couple 3s, 4s, and 5's (on XBOX). Brilliant soundtrack that I've fallen in love with.